Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 10-15-2007, 08:54 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Wink Weekly Chat - October 15th - 21st

Good Morning,

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.

How many of us are starting our "diets" today (again lol).

Watcha all got planned for the week?

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 08:55 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

SASSY !!! I'm so sorry to hear about your G'pa..... may he rest in peace.
Hugs and kisses to you girlie
Old 10-15-2007, 09:13 AM   #3  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Morning all!

I'm doing okay here... working on a lot of things at home - it's not ideal, but it will do - for now. Still eating well, but haven't run as often as I ought to have this past week, so going to squeeze a run in later today, after the man from GreenLawn comes to tell me what killed my grass this year!!

Sassy, I hope you're doing okay - big hug coming atcha, girl!

Leenie - how are YOU? You're a bit like me, quick to ask about others, but less to say about our own rivetingly exciting lives... I know, I know - we don't want to kill each other with the excitement of it all!

A few little bits planned this week, but nothing of any real interest, just a few things I've been putting off... and fall-type errands (get the skates sharpened, etc). We put away all the summer furniture yesterday and the back deck looks VERY bare... bizarre. Autumn is definitely here - even the cat comes in at night!

Okay - off to drink some coffee before the bad lawn news... have a great day, chickies!!

Heather
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 11:26 AM   #4  

Could i join you guys? I have been on Prozac since 7 months pregnant with my second child and have Switched to Cymbalta which seems to be working fairly well so far. My highest weight was 232 and I am now down to 205.8.

Leenie - you hit the nail on the head. My husband and I have recommited to our diet starting Today. We planned out a menu for the week and i think that will help us stay focused.

Hope to get to know everyone.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 06:00 PM   #5  
Walking by faith

Wink Hi Chicks!

Sassy: I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandpa. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Leenie: One of those weekends, huh?

Heather: I hope that the lawn guy's news isn't too bad.

CherryAutumn: Welcome to 3 FC! I'm going to be starting back on Cymbalta this week.

My weight loss is stalled..my pain level is not great..but I'm not giving up yet!
Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 06:35 PM   #6  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hi Ladies.

TY all for keeping me in your thoughts.

DH went to the Orthopedist today for his knee. He went to one that I went too years ago for my ankle. I had really bad tendinitis in it and knock on wood after seeing that dr. it has never came back! We had forgotten all about him until mil mentioned him to DH. He is getting an MRI now of his knee. He said he'd fill me in on what all the dr said when he gets back.

I'm glad I got the 3 days bereavement, although I'm sure my boss will have a tissy over it. But nothing he can do about it. We tried and tried to get a hold of him on the weekend to let him know and he never answered his phone or his page, so not our faults.

Hi to Everybody!

The neighbor's next door have a little yappy dog that barks constantly and drives me insane! We've told them about it and they don't seem to care. I hate to tell on them cuz they may end up having to lose their dog or move, but its driving me nuts!

Then their is some ding-dong outside blaring their music all hours as well. I just love apt. living. NOT! lol. We are still looking for a condo or house to rent. I found some in the Sunday Paper. I hope and pray we get out of here. I've had it! lol.

Well enough of my complaining. lmao. Tomorrow is my Grandpa's Funeral.

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 10-15-2007 at 06:36 PM.
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 10:07 AM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good Morning,

CherryAutumn. Good luck on the diet this week....its nice that your DH is accompanying you on your journey, makes things easier when both are eating the same foods.

Heather, good luck with the lawn...could it be grubs? I agree, autumn leaves (no pun intended ) a bit of an empty feeling but warm at the same time with all the decorations and with the desire to start cooking again. Have a good day.

Sassy...glad you got the 3 days too. Hope DH's MRI goes well. Your neighbor needs to train the little yipper from yipping... nothing like squirting a little water on him every time he starts up. Its harmless but it gets their attention.

Joanne girl, its good to see you and you are always so positive so I'm guessing its baseball season ??? lolol hehehe

Nothing going on here, sosdd. Work, work work...that seems to be the way things go here.... my bones are achy....TOM is here AGAIN and I'm tired..... See Heather..ya asked LOLOL snort ~

Old 10-17-2007, 04:33 AM   #8  
~Believe~

Cool Have You ever just had one of those WEEKS? lol

TY all.

Yesterday was ok until we got to the grave site. My Grandpa served in WWII so he had the military burial. That was my first one of those. Then why is it family always knows exactly what to say to you to make you feel like crap? UGH.......

Got back home about 3 p.m. then finally went to sleep. In the last 24 hrs or so I've only had 5 hrs sleep. I tried to go back and lay down an hour ago and just could not sleep. Oh well, not like I have to be back to work anytime soon, thankfully. Except today (Wed) my DH goes for his MRI (they had to reschedule it) and he wants me to go with him so we can stop at a couple places after, only I don't wanna go.........but guess I will since he wants me too.

Then Thursday our coworker is supposed to come over to help DH figure out what he is doing wrong on setting up our new surround sound. Well that was fine, but now the guy left a message saying he is now bringing his wife, if that was okay. He didn't even ask us and I didn't want this to be a social visit, but my DH wants to get the surround sound hooked up. Why are people so rude? Maybe its me that is the rude one, not wanting to have his wife over, but I just wanted him to come over, hook up the surround sound and that was it. My DH and I do not get a lot of opportunities to spend time w/ one another and Thursday was going to be our day together (DH took a personal day for Thursday) as the last few days have been a blur with all the goings on and all. Oh well.....

I have been without my Wellbutrin for almost a week now. DH was gonna stop and get it before work last week and kept forgetting and now I really need it, I'm a complete mess! I can't sleep and now I keep breaking down I know my grandpa just died and all, but UGH I just need my pills to take the edge off I think. Lack of sleep, my grandpa dying, and spending hours with my family didn't help any..........plus the fact that I have lost one of my slippers and its driving me insane!!!!! My right foot is cold!!!! lol. Oh yeah and I'm down to my last tissue and we don't have very much tp left either! CALGON TAKE ME AWAY!!!!!!!!! lol.

Well thanks for listening............

Leenie -- The problem is, he mostly does it when they are not there and they know it. They said he has issues, well why not do something about it instead of letting him yip away like that? They have tons of doggie daycares around here or she could leave him with her mom, as that is where he was before they brought him here. I dunno but the little bugger gets on my nerves! lol.

to all.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:42 AM   #9  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good Morning Chicks,

TGIW

Its chilly, misty and icky out but it could be worse (snow) .... eeeek.

Gonna run out to an early lunch to get some errands done.... Tonight is pioneer girls with DD. I'm pooped already heheheee.

Sassy sorry your having a rough time... hang in there and hopefully the meds will help you feel better Military funerals are very very sad, we went to our uncles funeral last year and I never cried so hard.... as much as they are sad they are beautiful in how they honor their military brothers.

Well girlies...happy hump day and all that good stuff that goes along with it.

Old 10-17-2007, 09:33 AM   #10  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Morning!!

Hey Leenie, I DID ask, so fair enough - ! Hope you're feeling a bit better today... the time must be flying - it seems you and I just HAD our Auntie Flo 'round... wait! Wait! Where's 2007 GOING?!?!

Sass - what a time you're having girl - this too shall pass. GET YOUR MEDS! You know you'll feel better. I know what you mean about the guy bringing his wife... it's hard sometimes to keep perspective. Hey! Why not have a plan? Get someone to call you at a certain time... or better yet, have a 'look' between hubby and you that means "When these people go... you wanna..." Then get rid of them and have a super night with hubby!! Good luck!! The LAST thing you need is a yappy neighbouring dog - I hate yappy dogs... grrr... I feel for ya!

Joanne - great to see you, chickie! The lawn needs entirely re-sodded at the front (can you say $$$, anyone?!) so we're going to have to do that... fine at the back. Apparently there is some new parasitic spider in this region that sucks the life of everything... our neighbours pretty much all have some kind of professional lawn care programme... so we're going to have to look into that. Just another expense we didn't need before Christmas! Feel better soon, Jo

Cherry - !! Great to have you join us It's terrific that your hubby is doing this with you - what great support! Post often so that we get to know you

Well, things are up and down here, as you might expect, but overall, I'd have to say better than last month. Fingers crossed... I can only keep trying, right? RIGHT?!

Have a great Wednesday, chickies!!

Heather

Last edited by HeatherAngel; 10-17-2007 at 01:37 PM.
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 03:13 PM   #11  

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone. I'd like to introduce myself as well. I've been on antidepressants since 2001. I was on and off Paxil until I was pregnant in 2005, and later in 2005 I was put on Zoloft (while still pregnant). I've been on that ever since. I was at 50 mg of Zoloft but decided to increase my dose in May when I noticed I was depressed again, or that the meds weren't working.

Sorry, this is turning out to be a long story. Things got better in terms of my depression, but I've been feeling off lately. I didn't think too much about it until my doctor (during a pre-surgery checkup) suggested I get my thyroid tested. The tests came back fine, but I'm still feeling basically numb. I don't feel sad, just like I'm sort of existing. I don't get excited, I don't have much motivation. So now I'm thinking of going back to 50 mg of Zoloft to see how that works.

In terms of weight loss, I started WW recently and that's going well. I needed a source of external accountability. I KNOW exactly what to do to lose weight, I did it before and it stuck for a long time. But maybe this is related to the lack of motivation I have with regard to life in general, I just couldn't stick with any diet lately.

Anyway, I would love to be part of the weekly chats. I'm also wondering if anyone else has felt numb like I described due to being on antidepressants.
Amy8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 05:11 PM   #12  

Hey everyone thanks for the warm welcome. I hope that i will be good at posting often enough A lot of the time i just don't know what to say or what won't put you to sleep with boredom.

Anyway some more about me. I have been married 3 1/2 years to my dear hubby. I have 2 children. My little girl is 2 1/2 yrs old and i have a little boy that is 4 months old. I think that depression tends to run in my family. I would get down often in my teens but it didn't get out of control till after having my first child. I suspect that i had post partum depression. I kinda delt with it till i got pregnant with my second. I got to the point at about 7 months pregnant that i would sob my heart out every night to my husband and didn't want him to leave me to work during the day. Anyway sorry about the long story. At 7 months pregnant i decided it was healthier for the baby for me to take something than live how i was. I was put on Prozac but a couple months after having my little boy it just wasn't really effecting me much. I am now trying Cymbalta for the past 3 weeks and i really do think it is helping me. Now that i am done rambling i hope to get to know all of you to.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 06:45 PM   #13  
~Believe~

Wink Hi Ladies.

Hi Ladies.

Well I got some sleep and feel much better.

Haven't gotten my meds yet, will on payday. I think honestly it was everything going on + lack of sleep that did not help on how I was feeling. But thanks for listening to me, it did help to talk about it.

Hello and Autumn and Amy! Glad you found us, this is a great place to be, these chics are truly wonderful.

Hope you all have a very nice evening!

Old 10-18-2007, 10:36 AM   #14  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Can't play today but I'll catch up soon. Boss man is here heheheheee.

Good day to you

Old 10-18-2007, 08:37 PM   #15  
~Believe~

Leenie! UT OH Boss Man.........lol.