Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 10-01-2004, 08:51 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Friday Chat - October 1st

Geeesh its October

Good Morning,

TGIF is right, man I couldn't take another day of this LOL.
Nothing much happening here, sosdd. Its beautiful out today so I'm gonna soak up as much of the nice weather as possible. Tomorrow they are calling for lots of rain ICK!!! dang gum it!

Any plans for the weekend ?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 09:51 AM   #2  

Hi there everyone! I've been around but been speechless with chaos! And, it's going to get worse before it gets better! We're still having a bit of trouble with our water quality so Roger is running water outside. (The wild birds love that and so do the outside cats as they stalk the birds!). Running water clears the silt. We don't have a sidewalk into the kitchen but that's okay since we don't have a working door there either . Roger is replacing it as I type. (In truth, he is swearing at it!) Our truck is parked on the front lawn for convenience. We are emptying a room we laughingly call the office. It is just a junk room and we've collected stuff that I have no idea why we've saved! It has to be ready for the carpenter when he starts the remodeling.

Right now the carpenter is over at a neighbors, redoing her windows and putting aluminum siding on her house. Yup, we know his family since they are neighbors too. The nice part of country life is knowing everyone AND their families. The bad part is understanding all of their quirks!

In a few weeks, another neighbor and his crew will be putting up our attached garage. But first, the son of still another neighbor has to do the excavating, BUT he has work at my DD and her DH's first! I'll check on when that is supposed to happen tomorrow when we go to our church to replace the pews. Still ANOTHER neighbor and his crew redid the wood floor this week.

Family problems have me very worried. I can't get into them as they are private. Health wise, we're fine.

Gotta go......God bless!
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 10:35 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Gang!

Tippy - I figured you were kind of quiet for a reason. Will the work on the house be done before the holidays? or will you just have to work around everything? I'm sure it must be really crazy around your house Sorry about the family problems! Keep praying and I will too. hugs!

Leenie - yep October! wow! time is just flying these days! Yep, me too glad it's Friday.

No high school football tonight , so after work will bring yougest ds to meet dh up on the river for their squirrel hunt in the morning. Stop by Walmart to pick up some things I need for our trip - like a case of water bottles and a few little odds and ends - then hope to watch a good sweet & sappy "chick flick" allllllllllll by myself tonight. Tomorrow I need to do some cleaning. Not much, just enough to be able to stand the place til I leave on Tuesday haha

Hey our Dillards is having a HUGE sale, where everything that is already marked down is another 50% off. Well I went yesterday at noon and got a total of 6 shirts (Ralph Lauren and Hillfiger) for both of my ds, for a total of $25. I love it! Think I'm gonna go back today and check the ladies racks. A lunch hour is not enough time to hunt and dig.

Hope everybody has a great day!

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 01:16 PM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hey Tippy hang in there.

Cathy, who doesn't love a good sale. Its funny, it can make your entire day lol.

Just heard they are recalling the arthritis drug Vioxx (Merck), it is said that new data found the arthritis drug doubled the risk of heart attacks and strokes. Clinical trial data showed an increased risk of heart attack and other cardiovascular complications 18 months after patients started taking Vioxx, which also is prescribed for acute pain and disorders such as carpal tunnel syndrome.

Its not easy I tell yah.

http://www.merck.com/newsroom/press_...2004_0930.html
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote