Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 07-16-2004, 08:57 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Red face Friday Chat - July 16th

Good Mornink'

Hope everyone is doing well. Whats your weekend plans ? anything good ?

JudoMom, I forgot to wish you a Happy Anniversary on yesterday's thread, duh!! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY

I have no plans for the weekend, but today when I get out of work I'm going to take DD to the park to play. She loves it b/c its a toddlers park and the kids get along so well.

Hope your Friday is good, ttyl.

Hugs !!!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 10:23 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Gang!

What's everybody doing today?

I did 2 miles this morning, but I didn't use any handweights because my left shoulder is killing me. I must have slept wrong on it. It's heck getting old!

Cin - you asked about Liz - I think when she posted last she was going on vacation - if my memory serves me right. Do you remember Leenie?

I would love for somebody to pay me $150 for my opinion! hehe

My plans for the weekend are.......to do as little as possible I have got to clean house tomorrow so that is an all day things, but it must be done. Sunday will be sunday school and church of course, but hopefully we won't have too much going on. I think I will screen my calls.

I'll check back later.

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 11:44 AM   #3  
Divine Gal

Good Morning Ladies

Boy am i pooped already.Me and dh got up at 6 something this morning and we have been running since then.I don't mean the exercise, I mean trying to get things taken care of.We went to social services to meet with our case manager for change of residence.Came out of there with some good news; we still have our foodstamps and they only decreased by 30 dollars.YAY!!!!We still get our medicaid.YAY!!! :CB:

We had to go to the grocery store to buy Dh some stuff for lunches.It looks as though he will be doing some work for a friend and making a couple extra bucks for about 2 weeks. And if it goes right he may have a job.!!! YAY!!!!

Which means my being a wife will actually feel like it now.Cause I can clean, cook and actually feel great about doing because he has worked so hard.Ya know what I mean.I get time to myself which means I won't get agitated with him.YAY!!!

*hugs*
lynnie
lynnie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 01:40 PM   #4  
Oooo Silly Me!

Leenie – Thanks for that recipe link. I guess it can’t hurt to try to make it since I can’t find it out here

Cathyxxx – Grin I think the recipe will give me a chance to try out my cooking style. I’m a pretty good cook, and this only adds to some talent. If I can cook it and not burn it I think I should be ok! I’ve been doing two miles a day as well, just that I’ve been breaking them up 1 mile in the morning and 1 mile at night. I haven’t looked at the second video yet hehehe. I wanna see what my body tells me after adopting this new exercise program. So far its been heck trying to get up in the morning. I think I gotta cut Letterman out I stay up to watch his top ten, which by the time he is done it’s about midnight. Hehehehe… oh and get this, when I did go to bed I started thinking about everything. It’s like my mind goes through a check list or something. Did I pay the mortgage, did I pay the electricity, what about phone bill? And so on… grrrr… then I start thinking about how I gotta stop thinking. Heheheh can’t win!

Lynnie – Gotta love that “me” time huh? I never realized how important it was til I started taking some time for myself. Ya know what tho, since I’m off for work/school for the summer, I’ve had to much me time! LOL there’s only so much shopping one can do before your credit card tells you to go take a flying leap. Not to mention I gotta pay the thing off heheheh. Wishing your DH luck with the possible job!

I didn’t get my walking in today… I had a hard time getting up this morning. I woke up around 9:30 and then my sister calls at 10 to say lets go to lunch. So I jumped in the shower and washed my hair. Now I’m just finishing up my emails and what not before taking off. We’re going out for Thai Food. I suggest the Tom Yum Gai (Spicy Chicken Soup) you can ask them to not make it spicy. But it’s the best! I’m drooling just thinking about it but I will admit, no one made Thai food better than my grandmother. I’ve picked up a few recipes here and there too… I gotta get my mom to teach me how to make this soup tho WHEW! Heheh Plus I think when I loose enough weight, I’ll go out to Thailand to visit my other half of the family for the first time. Nothing like a huge gal coming to see you in a land where everyone is stick thin. Well majority

Alrighty Ladies, everyone have a blessed day and take care! Don’t forget to smile every so often… it makes other people nervous!

Huggerz…
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 04:14 PM   #5  
Oooo Silly Me!

Well I went out to lunch and I'm back. How do calculate something you don't know anything about? Heh. I am pretty sure I ate more than I should have for lunch. I'm gonna have to do something to burn it off, other wise come dinner time I'm in big trouble of going over

I have a good question for ya'll Those scales that measure body fat, I've read a few posts about them, and I was just curious, how good are they as far as measuring body fat. I know they aren't gonna be that accurate, but is it worth buying something like that? I gotta replace the bathroom scale in the guest bathroom and I was thinking of getting a digital one that weighs and does body fat.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote