Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 05-18-2004, 09:37 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Tuesday, May 18th Chat

Good Morning,

Sorry I wasn't able to pop back in yesterday.

Stephanie WELCOME ~~~~

Lynnie good to see you, please tell hubby Happy Birthday how are you feeling, whats up, long time no see. How is BIL ? How How How

Cin, ick on the stopped up sewers, being a land lord can be challenging. Hey do you remember that movie w/Danny Devito........ The LandLord ROFL that was a funny one, I can still picture his fancy car stripped up on cinderblocks.

Noodliedoo, you do more cleaning than anyone I know, and guess what, this is going to sound sick but I'm jealous I really am. I like to clean when I have the time and I love a clean home, nothing makes me feel better (well you know what I mean ) How's the ol peepers doing ?

April I'm glad the wedding went well, what did your DIL do for flowers, did she find another place that could accomodate her? Hope you got pictures to share, I love weddings. Enjoy your vacation. And BRAVO on your eating Op.

SueMarie, I've heard of that upromise from our local grocery store but never checked into it. I just might now. The sharper image air filter always caught my eye, but man are they expensive. I've heard also that they are good. Let us know if you get one, I'm interested also.

Cathy, glad you had a good weekend. Back to the grind huh. How is your g'ma ??

BBL, toodles.....

Love Yah~
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 10:44 AM   #2  

Sorry I am a convicted lurker. Leens thanks for the e-mail. I just let myself get to into things and I am ashamed to say that I have been staying off of the site a good bit.

Cathy have you drowned over there yet? It has been horbile over here the past few weeks. Yesterday I didn't even make it into my subdivision b4 it started to pour. I am a big baby when it comes to lightning too and it was really cracking yesterday.

I had a break down momnet last night and hubby wasn't around to help me get through it. I just cried for about 15 mins. I watched that movie Uptown Girls last ngiht and the ending really got to me. I guess I have deeper issues about my dad than I thought I did. I guess the crying was good to get iout but I havn't cried like that is a long time. I was doing some heavy sobing.

I know that Liz does scrap booking but I didn't know if any of you guys do it too. I am thinking about getting started with it but I didn't know if there was somewhere that I could look to help me get started. I don't want to spend and arm and a leg to do it either.

I promise I will make my check in here on the days that I can get to the computer. I miss you guys.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 11:48 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Gang!

It's getting late but wanted to pop in before lunch.

Kemp - it's so good to see ya! sometimes tears are good! gets some of that stuff on the inside out ya know! yes we are drowning over here - everything is under water and the rivers are rising around everyone's homes. Man we need about a month of sunshine, but it looks like rain again this afternoon. DH is getting antsy - hasn't been able to work in a week bec of the rain.

Leenie - so good to see ya! ya must have been busy yesterday! I'm so glad to that you're gonna go see a therapist - I read it on the other thread - you will have to tell us all about it and let us know what ya find out. That's cool that work will pay for it! G'ma is the same, just barely existing really, but somedays are better then others. My mom and aunt finally agreed to only go once a day to the nursing home bec everyone was so worn out, so that has really helped a lot, and I haven't been going near as much.

Well I need to do some work so I can go walk at noon. Will be back later.

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 01:02 PM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

KEM !!! its so good to see you again. I agree with Cathy, there's nothing wrong with a good cry, I believe it releases alot of stress and emotions we have no other way of getting out. I also do scrapbooking but haven't in a long time. I just go to one of the local craft stores to get my stuff. Its alot of fun. Its also fun to make the stuff rather than to buy it if you can. Liz might be able to help you w/on line stuff. Welcome home

Cathy, how's the ol bruised leg, does it still hurt, have you done any more chair surfing? just bustin yah Watcha got for lunch today ? I just had a salad w/egg, grape tomatoes YUMMMMM, cesars dressing and lettuce. Love it !! Whats next on your list of things to do ?

Where is everyone today zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz lol.
Old 05-18-2004, 02:03 PM   #5  

Smile Hi

Good afternoon All!

The Rain is coming down here, sporadically but what can you do?
I am just trying to time it so I can walk my dog a little bit. I have an exercis journal starting and a personal trainer said any little bit is good but to lose weight 270 minutes of cardio a week is the goal so I am trying!

Kempy tears aren't always a bad thing. It's allowing you to release some pent up emotions good or bad. Maybe the strength of it was because of the how long it's been since you let it out...Just your body reminding you that you have things you need to deal with. Hard, I know but at least you know. I would hug you if I could. Keep writing - it's one of the best and healthier ways to help you.

Hi Stephanie! Welcome!

Cin sorry to here about the stopped sewer line...no fun...and being a landlord - God bless you! I would go

Sue Marie love 529 plans! Tax Deductible and you can put up to $20k a year which is so much more than an Education IRA. The UPRomise is a great way to build some income for these great plans! Love them! Can you tell that I used to be financial advisor?

Just out of criousity - How does your depression come upon you? all of the sudden or a creeping edginess that evolves? Mine creeps and I try to stem the tide - I am not always successful. I just want to see what others do outside of medicine to help.

Quote:
Courage is the power to let go of the familiar. - Raymond Lindquist

Hello to Cathy, Leenie, Noodles, April and every one else I missed!

be well.

GEM/Summer
GEMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 02:16 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Hey there gang! I just got back from walking 3 miles in 45 minutes at the mall.

Leenie - I've already forgot about my chair surfing! my bruises are gone, but that knee is still bothering me. I guess I twisted it too - but all in all I'm fine! Next on my list to do! girl you are too funny - Friday night we have our high school graduation (youngest son's girlfriend is graduating) and then going out to eat with her family. And on Saturday is another high school graduation and most of the kids in our sunday school classes are graduating at that one so we will be there for that, but for both of these things all I have to do is show up with a smile on my face! hehe easy & fun!

your lunch sounds yummy! I had a great big salad for supper last night. I love salads. I'm having peaches & cottage cheese for lunch today. I love that too. I had some crackers & crab log about 11 so I'm eating a light lunch.

GEMonster - wow 270 minutes of cardio a week would be 54 minutes 5 days a week, or about 39 minutes 5 days a week. As hard as I try I am not exercising enough. Hopefully when youngest son gets his full drivers license next week, and I don't have to bring him to school in the mornings, I will be able to get more of it in? we shall see. Are you walking for cardio? or doing something else? walking the dog counts right?

later gaters,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 02:26 PM   #7  

Hey Summer, when did you start posting here. It has been awhile since I was here. (shame, shame) My depression comes on me all at once. I will be great one day and then the next I don't ant to get off of the sofa. I seem to be a little beter than normal since it is sring. It usually keeps us busy with all of the yard work. Once summer is here though I kind of go back into it. I am stuck inside b/c it is so darn hot and that is when the good and bad days start.

I know that I have alot to deal with concerning my dad but it seems that all I want to work through is the crying part. I have never really talked to anyone about it except one woman and she helped me a little. I think I am just at the point of I want it to just go away w/out me having to deal with anything. I know that is not going to happen though.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 03:03 PM   #8  

Good morning everyone

It's a beautiful day here in the Vancouver area....DH & I sat on DS's patio to have our coffee. We are going over to our daughter in law's parents for dinner tonight....they will be having salmon....her dad goes fishing everyday when the weather is okay....he catches salmon in the Fraser River.

Yesterday evening I met 2 online friends from another site....we went to Tim Horton's for coffee....had never met them before....had a real nice time....it turns out....one of the ladies lives just behind where DS1 lives.

Leenie.....my DIL found another place to get her flowers.....the day before the wedding!!!!!!!!!!!!...talk about stress.....she is sort of unconventional....she didn't follow tradition too much. She had calalilies for her bouquet.....She walked down the isle with my DS1 instead of her DF.
She wore a blue red longer dress.....at the church she had a white long jacket that trailed on the floor in the back. The wedding went well....the priest said something about....that they came from different areas of the country....Paul was born back east....we came to around Vancouver for 5 years....then after that we moved 500 miles north of Vancouver.....she was brought up near Vancouver....even when they were little kids growing up in different areas.....Jesus knew they would be married....from the beginning....now that is something to think about....is it true for all of us?
I don't have pictures yet....I don't know how to put them on the site...but....when I get some....maybe I could email someone....do you know how to do that Leenie?

Kemp....it's great to see you posting again.

Summer....my depression is bad in the fall & winter....the worst is January......had 12 bad days in January.....it is seasonal....even with antidpressants....sometimes in the winter it is bad.
When it happens.....I just feel sad.....all of a sudden it happens
......don't feel like doing anything....don't even want to get out of bed sometimes.

My Celexa was reduced by 25%....last Monday I started to do that for 2 weeks...then after 2 weeks...it will be reduced another 25% for 2 weeks & so on until I am off it by the end of June.
I do notice....now......after reducing it 25 %....I have more energy & am waking up earlier.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 03:56 PM   #9  

Hi

I am alive and doing not too bad.....procrastinating folding a few loads of laundry.......kemp good to see you was thinking of you the other day.....scrapping is so fun and very theraputic....pm or e-mail me if you want to talk......scrapping is everywhere.......I use Creative memories......talk soon..............hi everyone!

Eliz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 05:52 PM   #10  
Oooo Silly Me!

Hello Everyone...

It's been a busy day... got my first paycheck... really funny how school districts, or at least this district does their payroll...I had to call in and get someone to translate it for me LOL... I didn't know I qualified for sick days already. *grins* among other things I get paid for vacation days that I didn't even work on... Unless I misunderstood... eeek heheheh

Leenie - About the Sharper Image. Being that I have asthma, I mentioned it to my mom and she purchased one for me for my birthday. I am just waiting for delivery. I will let you know what I think of it. I read many reviews on it. It works well, but hard to clean and it is delicate. That's what many of the reviews are saying. Heheheh will let you know what i think when I get it *grins*

Hope everyone is having a good day...

I'll be back later I hope...

Sue...
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 06:17 PM   #11  
Rattie Lover

Red face Good Afternoon!!

Good Afternoon!!

LOL Leenie...I think it's my control mechanism. It's something I know I can keep control of in my life 100%. And if it gets out of hand, all I have to do is clean it up to make it perfect again. I've been like this since I was a kid. I was the only kid that kept her room spotless at age 8!

Speaking of cleaning....

Yesterday I went on another cleaning spree. I did another 5 loads of wash, did some gardening/digging, straightened up some stuff in the office, and did a heavy cleaning/organizing of my office desk. Today I have my bowling banquet so I'll have to curb the cleaning for a bit. Darn!! Then I have the tournament this weekend so I'll be offline for 3 days. I'm going to have severe 3FC withdrawls!! WahhhhH!!!!

Kempy: It's OK to cry. I spent many years crying and beating myself up emotionally over the years of abuse I went through with both my father and mother. I am a much better, healthier person with out either of them in my life. And that goes for anyone that was abusive/toxic to me. They get the boot!!! Life is too short for me to have "weeds" in my life. Now I have great weed killer coping skills.

Hi to the rest of ya!! Cathy, Gem, Liz, April, Susan, & you "Lurkers".

Noodles913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 05:03 AM   #12  
Rattie Lover

Talking Lookie What I Got!!

Well, tonight was our bowling banquet night and...I made off with a few "goodies" that I didn't expect!!

Hubby & I both took 1st Place League High Series Handicap--Received a Special Pin & Cash. I didnt think I won because the week before we were done bowling I got bumped back down to 2nd, but apparently I reclaimed my title at the last minute!! Yippee!!

We also took 1st Place in Team High Game Scratch, Team High Game Scratch Series, and Team Champions. We got cash for all of these and special League Champion pins for winning 1st place. I also have the chance to purchase the League Champion Ring. Oooo I'm going too. I won't see another one of these in a longggg time so I might as well soak it up now while I can. I'm going for the gold one you see there in the middle of the pic, but I am going to get my birthstone (sapphire) in the middle. I am trying to figure out the engraving. On 1 side I will have "Angel" & the other side "Noodles", but what to put on the inside?? Never had this kind of decision before.. Maybe I will put I LOVE RATS inside.

I decided to go to Wally World after bowling and spend some of my loot. I have had my other fish tank set up and cycled since Sunday, so it was time to get a fish. Well I wanted a colorful one so I went and browsed the bettas. There was this beautiful blue one that kept swimming right up to me whenever I would walk by so I decided he was the one and took him home with me to his new palace in the water. I also bought some dark chocolate 's. Hey a bag lasts me almost 2 weeks so I deserve a little treat!!

Anyhow, here's a pic of my "loot". Hub ran off with some of the cash so...I only got part of it in there for ya. Time to rob his wallet.
<innocent blinking-eyes look here>

Noodles913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 08:38 AM   #13  
Moderator & Happy Chick

WOW look at all of us, thanks for posting everyone, you really make my day.

Noodles CONGRATS on winning, you must be so proud. Now come over and clean my house just joshin. I bet that ring will be beautiful !! oh the dark chocolate kisses, well they would last 1 day in my house, okay they have only lasted 1 day. Did you see they have BIGGER pnut M&M's out (for the new shreck movie lol) I gotta get me a bag and hang on to it for a treat day. BIGGER M&M's THANK YOU!! oh THANK YOU!!!!

SueMarie thats SOOOOOOOO cool you got one for a gift, oh do enjoy and yes, let me know how it is. I'm very curious. BTW when is your birthday?

Hey Liz, I have about 3 loads of laundry that needs folding, I'll send you my address asap !! love yah ! How's DD ?

April your wedding sounded beautiful, I'm glad she got flowers at the last minute, stressful for sure. If you get pictures on disc it will be easy to send but if they have to be scanned in, you'll need a scanner. Maybe your DS could help ???

Summer thats an awesome amount of exercise, BRAVO to you !!! my depression usually hits me around October/November and stays w/m over the winter months. This year I didn't need meds, I felt good and the only thing I can contribute it to is my diet (atkins) I think the extrememly low carbs is really helping me. If it wasn't that then some fairy sprinkled a little dust on me when I wasn't looking

Anthony !!!! How are you making out w/dad trashing the house ??? just joshin. Did you send Mom warm clothes ?? how is she doing ?