Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 04-22-2004, 08:52 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Wink Thursday Chat, April 22nd

Happy Day All

One more day and its friday YAAAHHHOOOOO!!!

How's everyone today.

Flower that SUCKS when doctors don't know or have a clue what the problem is, I guess we all take them for granted that they should know eh. Well thats why they are called "Practicing" Physicians I hope its nothing serious and I hope they find out quick. I HATE going to doctors, I get all panicky inside even if I know its just routine, like when I went for my feet, I mean come on, he's gonna look at my feet, its not like a gyno visit ICK. but in any case I still got nervous.

Cathy glad you enjoyed your day yesterday, I have a confession to make, I enjoyed my day too yup, and I did it w/lots of yummy cakes and pasteries. I can't get down, just gotta pick myself back up and start again. I kinda have a belly ache today so thats my punishment for enjoying some goodies HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I derserve that lol.

Cin how's business, is it still busy like the beginning of the year or does it kinda die down since summer's on its way?

Kem where are you baby.

April I agree with Cin, your making great progress, keep it up kiddo

Where's the rest of the chickies ?????

Well I need to get some stuff done here and I'll be back later.

Gonna get my hair cut at 10 AM and highlighted (well touch ups) I can see myself going totally blond, I really like the highlights and would recommend them to anyone, makes you feel good
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 09:18 AM   #2  

Morning everyone!

I have a physical this morning.....nothing too major to report to the doctor.

I have just had 3 days off and it was nice.....got some cleaning done, coffee with a girlfriend......some fun time with kids......and into the school.

I go back to work this evening for 4........should be alright.

Glad to hear that everyone is doing resonably well.

Leens I have been highlighting my hair with blonde since I wa 25 to cover up the grey,,,,,I have tried going darker from time to time but I always go back to the blonde.

Have a great day everyone.

Liz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 10:00 AM   #3  
CIN

Default Good Morning

Morning Ladies!
I have the morning off then am going to the church to help get ready for a Western Night! We are going to even learn line-dancing! My Grandmother would roll over in her grave if she knew! Of course she would roll over if she knew I went to a charasmatic church too!

I have to work and will arrive to Western Night late..................but it sounds like we are going to have a blast.It is the 40+ age group.........we are decorating with a ton of stuff straight from the farm!

As far as WW....attendance isnt the same as Jan. however when the weather warms and the clothes lighten up.members return fast!Last night I had 81 in a 4 PM meeting....................how is that? Currently I have 6 meetings a week and it is the highest attendance................most average 35-40.

BBL ....hope everyone at least pops in and says HELLO today...we miss you when you dont!

Later
Line dancing Cin
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 12:17 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Hey Gang!

Is it still morning? hmmm just barely. It's almost 11:30 here. I'm fixing to put on my tennis shoes and go walk during lunch. Gonna have to grab a subway sandwich or salad or something tho, cause I forgot my lunch at home again. Where is my brain these days!

Leenie - I'm glad you enjoyed your day yesterday! But I'm sorry it's catching up with you today. That stuff can be toxic to us sometimes huh. So like? did you get any cheesecake yesterday? hehehehehe

Liz - I'm so glad you had a few days off. Hope all goes well at the doctor appt!

Cin - Western night sounds like a blast! you are tooooooooo cute!

April - I'm so glad that you figured out what you were feeling. And I'm really glad that you went and got you a new dress for the wedding. Sometimes, it just takes little things to make us feel better. I glad it helped!

I'll be back later.

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 01:58 PM   #5  
Divine Gal

Default Hello Ladies

Well the weekend is almost here and we went and did some grocery shopping today.I bought some healthier things so me and Dh can get back on track again.We started our points again yesterday and have not beeen doing to bad.I bought some strawberries and some coolwhip.YUMMY!!! I am also cutting back some of bread and pasta eatting...

BIL was moved to a rehab yesterday.We didn't go to see him because we wanted him to get settled in.Plus visiting hours are from 4pm- 8pm compared to the hospital its different because at the hospital we could go see him basically when we wanted.But I guess they make it that way so he can get better huh?

Things seem to be ok so far and I will be back soon.
Much love

*hugs*
lynnie
lynnie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 02:03 PM   #6  

hi all you beautiful ladies.

Lennie i was talking to my pdoc and she said it sounded like i had allergic reactions to something. It can take days for that to go away. Male doc to have attendance to point things at female problems. IN my opinion.
Flower_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 03:18 PM   #7  

Hi everyone

It was nice & sunny earlier this A.M.....DH & I had our coffee out on the deck.....until the clouds came in....not much going on today....I have to fold mountains of laundry.....then I am going to reorganize 4 more cupboard shelves in the kitchen.

Leenie....I get my hair colored & also get honey blond highlights.....I go every 5 weeks for the color....then about every 4 months for the highlights....I really get a good deal for this or I wouldn't be able to afford this.

Cathy....I am glad also that I got a new dress.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 03:30 PM   #8  

April - I would love to have highlights in my hair but I color it (myself) so I haven't tried to highlight it too.

But I was wondering, when you color your hair every 5 weeks or so, if it doesn't cover up your highlights? sorry if that's a dumb question - maybe I'm misunderstanding.

thanks,
cathy
Old 04-22-2004, 03:47 PM   #9  

Hi Cathy....When I get the highlights done ever 4 months.....the hairdresser puts a cap on my head with holes in it......this cap fits tightly....very close to the head......then she pulls hair through the holes with a crochet hook....that part hurts....so that is why....it doesn't cover up all the other hair that is dyed.....it only dyes the hair that is pulled through the holes.

April

Last edited by april99; 04-22-2004 at 03:52 PM.
Old 04-22-2004, 04:04 PM   #10  

April - don't mean to question you silly here....but what I was wondering is...when you color your hair every 5 weeks if that doesn't cover up your highlights?
thanks,
cathy
Old 04-22-2004, 04:31 PM   #11  

Hi Cathy.....when I get my hair dyed 5 weeks after the highlights....it doesn't cover up all the highlights....it does get less over the 4 months....but not all of the highlights are gone.....that is why I get the highlights done every 4 months....there is a certain process she uses....so they don't go away completely.

Hope this answers your question.

April
Old 04-22-2004, 04:46 PM   #12  

yes April, that completely answers my questions.
that was exactly what I was wondering about.
thanks & hugs,
cathy
Old 04-23-2004, 01:26 AM   #13  
Oooo Silly Me!

Morning Leenie...

As for me...

Ugg, been sick the last 2 days... I've resorted to eating only jello and mush (apple sauce and rice soup). I guess I'm glad I'm sick now rather than next week since I start my first day of my new job on Tuesday. My stomach is still in knotts and I can't seem to find where I left my head. At least my migrain is gone. I managed to get through two midterms today then I left in the middle of my last class. Headache was killing me and my stomach felt like it had turned to stone and was trying to do somersaults.

Hey Cin, does the WW in your post mean Weight Watchers? If so, I was wondering, do you do the "points" program? and if you do, do you find it to be a good program? I've been looking at so many of these diet programs, like the atkins, the south beach, weight watchers, jenny craig.... I even looking at getting the Dr. Phill book that the one forum group here talks about. Would like your input on it if that is what you were implying to.

Here's a question for you guys. James and I were discussing tredmills since we got the rat cages out of our bedroom (2 huge 3 footers) and now we have room again hehehe. However, we came to a road block... Spend the money and get a treadmill or save the money and just walk around the block. We made good argumentative points on both pros and cons. My parents bought one and it just sorta sits and collect dust. I figured maybe I could toss the question your guys way and see what your guys pros and cons were.

Sue...
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 11:13 AM   #14  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

SueMarie Cin is a Weight Watcher Leader !!!! and she's the best
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote