Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 04-03-2004, 08:13 PM   #1  

Default Desperate for Help!!!!!!!!!!

Please help me, I am unable to lose weight and am going crazy. I nurse my 8 month old 4 times a day and everyone says I should be able to lose weight fast but "NO" at least6 not 4 me. What am I doing wrong? Please tears are only part of what I am feeling HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kaliu2fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 08:25 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Kaliu2fan, first welcome to 3FC's.

The only way to lose weight is to watch your calories - Bottom Line.
Okay have you ever heard of www.fitday.com ? Go to this site and for a few days log in what you are eating, every bite you put in your mouth, this way you'll be able to see exactly how many calories your taking in. Once you see the results you'll be able to determind just what you need to do.

How much do you weigh ? how much do you need to lose ? there's alot of things you need to take into consideration. Are you exercising ?

Okay so don't panic and STOP listening to other people because you are not them, everone is different.

Did you speak to your doctor ?? I would think since you are nursing you should be under a doctors care for any particular diet b/c it might effect the baby's nutrition ? no?? Call your doc and ask about that okay, because as a parent both you and I I'm sure feel the baby comes first.

Please let me know whats going on okay. Your gonna be fine

Leenie
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 11:41 AM   #3  

Kaliu2fan
My sister and I both breastfed and people told us the same thing. Neither of us lost any. You still need to make the right food choices, whole wheats, fruits, veggies, lean meats, lowfat dairy. If u eat pasta, potatos or rice, make sure u don't add any extra fats.
U do need some fat, but it should come from things like an ounce of nuts(almonds & walnuts are good choices) ,salmon, a tsp of olive oil or a serving of olives. Check the label. It should have very low saturated fat. One good rule of thumb is: if it thickens at room temp or lower, like lard or butter, then u shouldn't eat it.

Ask your dr. You will need more calories because u are producing milk. A good thing to do if u can afford it or have insurance is see a nutitionist. At any rate, at least talk to your dr about how many calories u should be consuming. Eat 6 small meals a day instead of 3 larger meals. And whatever u do, do not try to lose it fast or restrict your calories.
And I know its hard with a small baby, mine is 2 1/2 and its still hard to find time to exercise, but anything helps. I don't know if u work or not, but a 10 minute walk in the morning while your husband or someone can babysit. If you can fit 3 ten minute moderate paced walks into your day thats a good start.

Hope this helps
Let us know how it goes
ebeth2210 is offline   Reply With Quote