Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2004, 01:59 PM   #1  

Default Weekend Chat....Feb. 28 & 29

Good morning everyone.....I don't usually get to start this.....where is everyone?

It is a grey day here....looks like it is trying to snow.....DH has taken the dog for a walk....I should have gone with him.....but I am still in my nightgown.....it's just about 11 A.M. here.

I didn't do well with my eating yesterday.....but am back with it today....not too much happening....am being lazy this A.M.

April
Old 02-28-2004, 02:58 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Afternoon April!
looks like you are here by yourself today? where is everybody at? busy little bees I guess?

I got up and drank my coffee and then started the first of 8 loads of clothes, then I did a 45 minute walk aerobics tape with handweights, colored my hair, showered and got all fluffed up, and now we are getting ready to go to a crawfish boil this afternoon. I am sooooooo looking forward to the crawfish boil.

I got to chat with LindaT and Kamari for about an hour last night. It was fun!

I hope everybody has a GREAT day!

hugs,
cathy
Old 02-28-2004, 03:06 PM   #3  
Rattie Lover

Crawfish?? ><}}}*>

Do they actually taste good? I might try some when we go to New Orleans next summer. Have to eat like the locals eat!! Actually hubby is already rattling off what "Cajon Foods" he wants to try...He can have the hot stuff!! Hurts my mouth.
Old 02-28-2004, 04:12 PM   #4  

oh yes noodles! they are sooooo good! if you like shrimp you should love crawfish - similar but even better - richer - kind of like a small lobster maybe!

Try all the cajun food you can eat. I haven't found anything yet that I don't like! it is alllllll good! I guar an tee! (you know that cajun guy that cooks that says that saying?) Since you will be in New Orleans, be sure to go to Cafe Demoine (spelling?) and get the beignets (pronounced ben yeas) they are the BEST! oh goodness I'm hungry.

later gaters,
cathy
Old 02-28-2004, 04:19 PM   #5  
Walking by faith

Default Hello Ladies....

.... I'm having a time trying to post!

April: Thanks for starting this thread. I had decided to start, but I had some technical difficultly

Cathy: Sounds like you're having a fun (& busy) day. Enjoy the crawfish-I've only had them once. We have a festival in our area at the end of April. We had stream flooding a while ago, and my DS and his friends were catching crawdads in the street !

Noodles: I'm with you on the Cajun food-a little too for my taste :wink:

My DH and I saw "The Passion of the Christ" last night with a group from our church. All I can say is: GO SEE THIS MOVIE-IT IS POWERFUL !

Enjoy your weekend!
Old 02-28-2004, 08:31 PM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hey Ladies, thanks for starting this up today, I was very busy and didn't get the chance to post at all.

April SNOW!! egads, we had 55 degree weather today and tomorrow the same

Joanne, my nehew and sister saw it today, my nephew 15 said it was the best move he's ever seen but he can't see it again, it was to much for his heart I guess. I'm glad it made an impact on him

Cathy, enjoy your fish

Noodles I've heard that when they sell lobster tails, its really crawfish. The guy who owns his own sea food market by me told me that lobsters have tiny tails (the meat) and the ones you get are really crawfish... don't know how they can call it that but acording to him they do.

Went to walmart today, got 5 bottles of davinci syrup for 2 dollars less per bottle then on the internet , got some low carb breakfast bars, some pizza, and a big blow up 8' bunny for the front yard

TTY Tomorrow
Old 02-29-2004, 09:11 AM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Sunday Morning

The house is clean and I'm done w/breakfast....yes its only 9 am

How's everyone today ? Its gonna be 55 degrees outside today, so up goes the big bunny and we are going to play outside. I opened the windows upstairs this morning, even though it was 40 degrees I wanted to air out the house... I can't stand the stuffyness anymore lol.

Watcha all doing ?

Cathy, did you ever hear of the group Third Day ??? OMG they are wonderful, I have their CD on now.... Just love that voice. Also those new syrups you told me about ARE made of splenda, they have some yummy looking flavors

Hugs !!
Old 02-29-2004, 09:52 AM   #8  

Good Morning Leenie and the rest of our gang!

Just a quick note, we are out the door to sunday school and church, but yes yes yes Leenie....we have all of Third Day's albums and 2 of their music dvds. They are awesome. Our teenagers, our youth and WE love Third Day. and yes the main guy has an awesome deep raspy voice.

And thanks for checking out those syrups for me. glad they were made with splenda - duh I didn't even check. lol

I'll be back later this afternoon.

hugs,
cathy
Old 02-29-2004, 11:36 AM   #9  

A good morning to all of you. I have been up since 6:15 which irritated me as today was my day to sleep in. My tummy didn't like the chili last night I guess. I went back to bed several times only to have to get back up so I said to heck with it and just made my bed and stayed up.

I've washed up the few dishes I had from yesterday and am thinking about using this rainy nasty day to work on my den. I have to start it at some point so no time like today I guess. It is in such a mess as Dad totaled it out while living with us. I just wish I could lift that room into the air and shake it a few times like you would a rug and it be clean.

I'd much rather be sitting in church right now as it's been since April that we've been. Chris and I talked this morning and I am going to make it priority that come the first Sunday of April, I will drive us to church which is 25 miles one way. I figure if we start out early and I take it slow, we'll be okay. Yet if I have a problem we can pull over until I get my head back. A moving vehicle screws with my balance and my head gets real loopy. In the meantime I think I will start driving a few miles a week to build up to that point. I haven't driven but twice since December 7th of 2000 so I'm really panicky to crawl behind the wheel. It's become apparent that either I do the driving or we don't go as we can't depend upon others to do it for us. I know that God knows my situation and He can help me out. He can do the driving...I'll just crawl in the passenger seat and take a nap on the way.

Okay, this isn't getting a thing done so I gotta run.....
Closed Thread