Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2004, 08:11 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Friday Chat - February 27th

Happy Day!!

Hey get this, on Sunday its going to be 50 degree's out YAHOOOOOO... hurry hurry spring.

How's everyone this lovely day ? Watcha got planned for the weekend ?

I think I'm going to take my mom out to walmart on saturday then its cleaning and getting ready to move the eliptical upstairs in the exercise/play room that we just finished. Well I'm not moving it, my BIL and DH will. But the house is in shambles so I need to crack a whip.

I brought bacon today
Old 02-27-2004, 09:06 AM   #2  

I figured out how Leenie broke her toe! She's been riding that mechanical bull at the corner saloon still again! Some guy patted her b*tt and she went flying!

I made an orange cake for the funeral, with white frosting. ****, I forgot that I have to frost that cake so Roger can drop it off at church this morning.

I have an appointment with my hair dresser in a few. I hate my hair. Why, oh why do I wait until I get to this point before I go in? I need a full perm and next week I have to do my roots.

Have a good weekend and God bless!
Old 02-27-2004, 09:26 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Tippy HUSH! geeze louise don't tell these girls what I really do in my spare time Unk Will would love to hear that one. Orange cake ohhh lordy, that sounds really good, is it box mix or from scratch ?

I know what you mean about getting your hair done, I can't stand sitting in that chair for 2 - 3 hrs looking at my face in the mirrow..... but we gotta do what we gotta do. I stopped the perm thing a few years ago, they never come out the way I truly want them so phooie, and the fact that it destroys the crap out of it. sigh. I'll just have to be beautiful w/out it
Old 02-27-2004, 09:27 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

BTW, I have a picture of my toe if you want to be grossed out by my ugly feet, I'll send it to you
Old 02-27-2004, 09:39 AM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Waiting for the perfect man ?
Old 02-27-2004, 10:06 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Chickadees!

Leenie - how is that toe today?

Noodles - what kind of eye surgery are you having done?

Tippy - just think how much better you're gonna feel in a couple of hours. Hope the perm goes well and you have a wonderful "hair" day!

I'm drinking my 2nd cup of coffee and doing payroll, but wanted to check in and see how my buddies are doing.

I'll be back later - oh btw - the sun is shining here today!

hugs,
cathy
Old 02-27-2004, 10:09 AM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hey Cathy..... I was just on Atkin's website looking at the before and after pictures, there are 9 pages and TRULY inspiring, makes me wanna run out and jog a few miles (well not w/this toe, its okay, getting better but still sore) lol. When you feel like cheating...look at those pages...ooodles and ooodles of people who have lost over 100 lbs.
Old 02-27-2004, 10:11 AM   #8  

hey leenie - send me the pic too girlie!
I wanna see!
Old 02-27-2004, 10:13 AM   #9  

ok I'll check it out as soon as I get a minute!
thanks!
Old 02-27-2004, 12:48 PM   #10  
Divine Gal

Default Good Afternoon Ladies

Well I am relaxing today.My muscles ache so much.Giving them a day to recooperate.Its such a beautiful day out and the temps about 40.This weekend its supposed to be in the 50s.YAY!!!

Next week I am thinking of trying the Fast track again.Where I only eat 20 points a day and have no flexpoints to use.

Hope yall have a good day .BBL

*hugs*
lynnie

Last edited by lynnie24; 02-27-2004 at 12:58 PM.
Old 02-27-2004, 01:09 PM   #11  

Good morning ladies

I didn't get here yesterday....1st I went to have an upper lip waxing.....& waxing on any other areas of the face where it needed it.....as one gets older....one gets more hairs on the face.

I went to the doctor in the afternoon....the virus I had....well I was still coughing....the doctor listened to my lungs....he said I was wheezing on the left side in the back. He gave me a sample of a new drug for asthma....a puffer. He said to have good control of the asthma.....I shouldn't use it more than twice a week....was using it 5 to 8 times a week this month.

I did the Zone for a week....missed the carbs....stayed the same this week....so I went back to the plan I was on....it has more carbs. The Celexa could be causing the slow weight loss.

Leenie.....did I miss something....when did you break your toe.

Have to go have breakfast & my 2nd cup of coffee.....DH & I have been out for coffee already this A.M.

April
Old 02-27-2004, 02:15 PM   #12  

me again!

just got back from walking for 45 minutes during lunch. I'm always so much better when I can get a walk or some exercise.

Lynnie - I imagine your muscles are sore. Everybody needs a day off every once and awhile.

April - hope you feel better soon! funny how we all end up with less hair on our head, but more everywhere else. I saw an old man the other day - he didn't have a hair on the top of his head, but he had ponytails growing out of his ears! yuck! wonder why that is???????

Leenie - you asked what everybody had planned for the weekend. Dh will be gone tomorrow with a men's group from our church that has a prison ministry. It is a really longgggggg day for him. I plan to get in some exercise in the morning, color my hair, and then tomorrow afternoon my boss is having a surprise birthday party for his dw that is turning 60. They are having a huge crawfish boil and I can't wait. I can eat all the crawfish (dipped in butter) that I want/need. Just no potatoes or corn but that is fine as long as I get the crawfish.

What's everybody else doing? bbl

hugs,
cathy
Old 02-27-2004, 04:33 PM   #13  

I'm just now getting to the computer as everyone has had me doing one thing or another. I've now had my say and doubt anyone will ask me to do anything again for the rest of the day.

Cathy: in response to your question yesterday. I weigh daily as I just want to see if I am going up or down. When I don't do this that darn same 5 lbs sneaks in so I am being more aware of what's going on with my body. Stupid huh? As to why Chris is waking me up some mornings at 7:30 is that he needs me to dress his wound so that the aide can get him up and into his chair. When we had the old aide she did this but now we have lazy people who expect me to do anything they don't wish to do. Thankfully the old aide will be back the first of April. THEN I'll get to sleep in and most likely will be going back to live at Dad's house full time. That part I dread.

I've gotten an hours nap which I so dearly needed. I think I feel a little better now. I still have dishes to wash and a load of laundry staring me in the face but I think they can wait until tomorrow unless I suddenly get a spurt of domestic energy. I plan to go to bed early tonite as tomorrow is an early day up.

I weighed this morning and am not only still down the 1 lb but also another 1/2 lb. I was very careful of what I ate yesterday. I am going to try very hard to lose 10 lbs in March. My knee is feeling much better so I will pull out my walking tape again tonite and see how far I can go. I think that's helping even if it's not very far.

Gotta run and see if I can get in another few minutes of relaxation before it's time to fix dinner.
Old 02-27-2004, 10:00 PM   #14  

hey? it 9 pm....can anybody chat tonight? I'm in there waiting......
Old 02-27-2004, 11:37 PM   #15  

Hey! I just got to chat with LindaT and Kamari for an hour! aren't yall jealous! wish ya'll had been there too! but it's after 10:30 now and I'm off to bed.

later gaters,
cathy
Closed Thread