Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2004, 09:43 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Daily Chat, Thursday, January 15th

Good Morning All,

Its a cold snowy one today, but I managed to get into work. 6 degrees and a few inches of snow OY... I AM CRAZY!

One more day until the weekend. YAHOO!!!! I'm tired lol. Can't wait to spend saturday all day in my jamies

Watcha all got planned ?
Old 01-15-2004, 10:06 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Good Morning Chickadees!

Good Morning Leenie!

I cannot imagine going to work in snow and 6 degrees! wow! I just don't know how ya'll do it! and then you WALK 15 minutes from the parking lot to your office! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!

I just read your post from last night that told me about your day! Girl! I had no idea you have to walk 15 minutes from your car to your office! Do you realize that you are walking for 30 minutes a day to and from your car in the morning and evening??? That is as much walking as I do when I make myself walk for exercise. See I park about 5 steps from my office door, and 3 steps from my home door, then I sit at this desk allllllllllllll day long. So I have to make myself walk. If I was on my feet all day I could not walk like that. Sooooooooo you are getting exercise - 30 minutes of walking a day. With your schedule - I don't know how you can even worry about exercising! I mean when would you do it? at 2 in the morning? goodness! The only thing I can think of is maybe if you could do some handweights during your lunchhour (I mean if you had the energy). What do you normally do during your lunchhour? is there any place around there that you could use some handweights if you wanted to? or are there people always around?

Hey, you mentioned the George Foreman Grill....do you have the big, little or medium one? I've been thinking about getting one and they are pretty low priced now at Walmarts. Do you really like yours? how about clean up? is it easy to clean or a pain? do you leave yours out on the cabinet or drag it out when you wanna use it? talk to me girlie! LOL

So what's everybody up to today? I see on The Today Show that it is brutually cold up north. I hate to even mention it but it is 60 and muggy and dreary this morning in Louisiana - unbelievable! Suppose to start raining tho and probably won't stop til Sunday or so.

Hey? How is everybody doing on drinking their water? I drank 80 oz yesterday! That makes 2 days this week I got in 80 oz, but the other days I just got in the normal 64 oz, and one day only 56. (don't think I can remember all this - I only know bec I journal it all down)

Ok well I gotta get to work. I hope everybody checks in today! We miss you guys!

hugs,
cathy
Old 01-15-2004, 10:49 AM   #3  
CIN

Good Morning Gang!
I am happily off work today and plan on doing some price shopping for curtain rods etc. I am weighing in at the WW Center.then eating lunch out with a co-worker.then basically shopping all day!

The numbers have been good at work.....my largest meeting was last night with 84 members! It was a great talkative group too! My boss slipped in from out of town to observe me and gave me a good report! (glad that is over with for the year) I am glad they come only about once a year for seasoned employees!

My finger is totally fine....the scar shows and is still red but will fade with time.It is so wonderful not to have that joint hurt one single bit after years of hurting! Of course I went thru 77 days of discomfort to get to that point but feel it was worth it!

Have a good one you all! We are expecting wintery weather this weekend.Better stock up on those yummy veggies so you dont run out !

Later taters
Cin
Old 01-15-2004, 11:31 AM   #4  

Hey Cin! it's so good to see a post from you and catch up on your life! I'm so glad that your finger is totally fine! About time huh girlie! Sounds like WW is really busy! We all figured it would be huh! I'm so glad to see that Lynnie is going to WW! She is so excited isn't she!

Hope you stay warm up there in Kentucky this weekend! Hey! I know! ya'll could all fly down to Louisiana for some warmth (and lots of rain) this weekend and we could have coffee and spend the afternoon together! LOL wouldn't that be a hoot!

Where's the rest of our little chickadees today?

hugs,
cathy
Old 01-15-2004, 01:34 PM   #5  
Walking by faith

Default Hello Ladies

Hope you're all having a great day : )!

CIN: It's good to see you. Hope your day off is fun.

Leenie: Snow-6 F-: ( -I remember! After living in New England most of my life, weather like that sounds normal. I actually enjoy when it gets cold down here (but not too cold!)

Cathy: I'm not doing so great on my water : (. Thanks for reminding me!

About the George Foreman grill: I have one (ex-lg), and I love it! You can cook chicken, fish, steak, whatever-in a matter of minutes. It really does "knock out the fat" too. I did Teriyaki steak on it yesterday, and it turned out great. The only drawback is cleaning. They give you a tool to use, plus I use a damp cloth or paper towel, and it works fine.

Have a lovely day : )!
Old 01-15-2004, 01:58 PM   #6  
Divine Gal

Default Good afternoon ladies

Well so far so good on my start for the new week.I decided to go ahead and try the fast track.I am doing pretty well and drinking tons of water.I have been really slacking with my exercise; so I was only able to 15 mins of the exercise DVD.I am hoping that as the week progresses I will be able to get the whole 30 mins in.On this fast track I am only allowed 20 points a day for 2 weeks.thats a big jump from 32 a day.I am not allowed to use flexpoints either.
DH went to grocery store the other day and picked up Fat Free Ballpark hot dogs.Get this they only have 45 calories and they are 1 point a piece.I love hotdogs.Usually I spend about 3-5 points on one hotdog.I also found that if I eat a couple of crackers they fill me up.I did that last night though.

I am proud of myself though for doing the exercise because usually I blow it off.

*hugs*
lynnie
Old 01-15-2004, 02:32 PM   #7  

Hey Joanne!! so good to see ya! Thanks for the info on the GF grill. I guess since you have the extra large one that you probably leave it out on the cabinet all the time? I'm deciding whether or not I want/need one. Everybody is grilling their meat at my house and lots of days they are doing it at different times so I might need one.

Lynnie! Lynnie! Lynnie! YOU GO GIRL! 15 minutes of aerobics is great! What kind of exercise does WW have on the dvd? walking or dancing or something else? just wondering. 20 points a day huh! you gonna have to find some 0 point stuff to eat to help fill you up. I AM PROUD OF YOU!

I went and walked at the mall during lunch. You would not believe how muggy it is here in Louisiana. I had to roll up my sleeves to keep from passing out. LOL

Later gaters,
Cathy
Old 01-15-2004, 03:03 PM   #8  
Divine Gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathyxxx
Hey Joanne!! so good to see ya! Thanks for the info on the GF grill. I guess since you have the extra large one that you probably leave it out on the cabinet all the time? I'm deciding whether or not I want/need one. Everybody is grilling their meat at my house and lots of days they are doing it at different times so I might need one.

Lynnie! Lynnie! Lynnie! YOU GO GIRL! 15 minutes of aerobics is great! What kind of exercise does WW have on the dvd? walking or dancing or something else? just wondering. 20 points a day huh! you gonna have to find some 0 point stuff to eat to help fill you up. I AM PROUD OF YOU!

I went and walked at the mall during lunch. You would not believe how muggy it is here in Louisiana. I had to roll up my sleeves to keep from passing out. LOL

Later gaters,
Cathy
walking mostly with some weights thrown in but it kind reminds me of dancing moves.... I plan on eating a salad tonight for dinner...Thank you sweetie...
Old 01-15-2004, 04:17 PM   #9  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hi again,

I'll be back later tonight to answer y'all, but one thing regarding the George Forman, I had the really big one but didn't like it, it was to big to put away and to big for me to handle, it was heavy and when you lift the top it slid across the counter, I was afraid of getting burned, so I gave it to my sister. I JUST got the teeny one, and I love it. Its just the right size for 2 good size burgers and light weight and tiny enuf to store away. Just my 2 cents !!

See yah later gator!
Old 01-15-2004, 06:43 PM   #10  
Divine Gal

Well I did another 15 mins of aerobics, ate dinner, and next I am going to shower and relax and watch my shows.DH has a BIG george Foreman he loves it and I love it because it takes all the fatty grease away.

Hope yall have a goodnight.

*hugs*
lynnie
Old 01-15-2004, 08:03 PM   #11  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hi Joann, good to see your still hanging with us, how's everything on the homestead?

Cin, 85 people is alot!! you go girl, I envy you for going shopping, especially curtains, I love to curtain shop. I usually don't find what I want but I still love to look. Glad the finger is better, just remember what I said about using it in the wrong places

Lynnie BRAVO!! on WW, doing good your 2nd day AND exercising. If you keep doing it you will learn to love it. I know I did at one time, now I'm trying to get that feeling back. I did a few minutes on the eliptical tonight, that thing is HARD! but you gotta start some where. DH can go on that thing for an hour.....sasafrass!!!!!! lol

Cathy, its MUGGY? there, is that normal for this time of year. Tonight its suposed to feel 30 below here. NJ is hitting all time records with this cold. I walked maybe 2 minutes outside tonight w/out any gloves on, by the time I got in my car my finger tips were burning... thats how cold it is lol.. OY

Well I'll talk to you all tomorrow

I'm taking 1/2 a personal day tomorrow to get my hair highlighted......well just the roots. I may do it one more time but I'm gonna stop b/c it is to much money.

C'Ya

Leens
Old 01-15-2004, 11:19 PM   #12  

Good Evening Gals, it's 10:20 and I'm fixing to get to bed.

Leenie, if I get a GF grill I will get the small one. Like you said I would have to leave the big one out on the cabinet and I'd rather not do that. Anytime I would cook for all 4 of us (which is getting rare these days with all these different schedules I would just cook on the stove or in the oven). I was thinking of the GF grill for everyone to cook their one piece of meat when they were eating at different times. Thanks for the info. And HEY WOW! you got on the eliptical! YOU GO GIRL! I didn't know you had one of those. Never been on one but it sounds hard!

And no, this mugginess is not normal this time of the year for us in Louisiana. We are having record highs. It is craziness I tell you - pure craziness. January and February are usually our coldest months, but they are saying it will be cold next week after all this rain.

Have fun getting your hair done tomorrow! ENJOY!

Lynnie - YOU GO GIRL! Two 15 minute workouts today! YOU ROCK! congrats!

I'll see you gals tomorrow!

hugs,
cathy
Old 01-16-2004, 01:42 AM   #13  

Hi everyone....just dropping in to say hi....had a hectic day....didn't get around to posting....see you tomorrow.
April
Closed Thread