Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2002, 08:26 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Thursday, August 15th - Daily

Good Morning Everyone,

I just did some Christmas (Yes Christmas) shopping on the web this morning - LOVE IT !! no crowds, no lugging stuff all over creation, my feet aren't tired and Its time for breakfast

Charlene welcome, hope you can play with us today. I read your last post and I'm really sorry about the miss. I had one about 1 1/2 years ago. Hang in there. I got pregnant 3 months later and next week is my daughter Grace's 1st birthday. Many Many huggs and kisses to you, I know its not easy.

Linnyyyyyyyy !!!!!!!!!!! I wanna be on vacation too - brat TTYL

Tip how's the dust coming along, I am like you too, I like to clean up during the distruction because if you wait until the end its just to much to do. Tell R I said to get his fanny cleaning

Lizzzzzy my aren't you the busy bee. She's the Vacation Queen. Listen you !! I read where you said you've gained weight since December, me too ! When we are ready lady we WILL do it. Enjoy your summer okay - you deserve it.

MEGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG did you forget about us. Did I miss the wedding ????? Hope to see you soon.

Cathy my dear, how are those sweeties of yours ? hope your having a great summer and also a big congrats on the weight loss.... you go girl.

Lurkers - hope your summer is going well, we'd love to hear about it.

TTYL, Love Leens

Gotta go eat my hard boiled eggs w/salt mmmmmmmm.
Old 08-15-2002, 09:30 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Morning gang!

Thanks for all the kind words about me finally losing a few lbs. I guess yall saw my post a few days (and very nicely did not give me a hard time about it) that I am taking diet pills right now, but it is something that I just have to do. Can anybody tell me why it is that I am able to lose weight on diet pills but not on my own???
even my dear sweet hubby said last night... "I just don't understand why you can lose some weight when you are taking diet pills but can't lose when you are not taking them." He sees what I eat (or don't eat) and that I basically exercise the same - I just don't understand it either. Everybody says that diet pills do not boost your metabolism but they sure seem to do something for me. I know they make your heart beat a little faster (and normally mine beats really slow, along with everything else on me - my blood pressure is really low, my temperature is always lower then normal - its like I'm just barely alive at times) haha

I do know they definitely curb my appetite, so maybe I just don't grab a bite here and there, that I might do without them??? who knows?

Yall asked about the boys - well Cody is now 18 and Christian is 14 and today is the first day of school. Christian starts 9th grade today and Cody is a 12th grader. He only has to take English 4 to graduate so he will only be at school for about 2 hours everyday and will actually finish at midterm on January 10. As most of yall know, he has a chemical imbalance and the past year has been extremely difficult, but he has come a long way and is doing much much better then he was last year at this time. Each day is still a challenge but that seems to be the way life goes!

Well gang I have rambled long enough....

I hope everybody has a great day!

Group Hug,
Cathy
Old 08-15-2002, 09:35 AM   #3  

I'm going to scream! Will vent later!!! Why is it that men don't plan ahead in a project????
Old 08-15-2002, 10:14 AM   #4  

Default Mornin'

Hi Ladies,

Another day, another day of VACATION!! That was said just to antagonize Leenie.

I'm with you on the online shopping thing, Leens. I love it.. no crowds ( especially none of those "amateur shoppers" who get in MY way), no lines, and you can shop in your undies without getting arrested. I do 90% of my shopping online and have for several years. When I went to Costco yesterday, they had Christmas stuff in the store already.. ugh. I just am not ready for this to start yet.

Tip.. I am wondering, where did you bury the body?

Cathy, glad you are sticking around. Our bodies are strange things, but so are our heads... some more than others. Could be some minor chemical change that you needed or maybe you are doing something slightly different that you don't really notice and that was the last bit of "oomph" you needed? Hard to say, but just be happy with results. Tell hubby to spend less time analyzing you and more time doing housework .

Meg, I am sure you are in wedding land right now and unable to breathe. I thought it was last weekend, but was corrected that it was this coming weekend. Wish I could find out how your dress is now.. I know you had a little difficulty.

Lizzy, glad you are having a fun summer.. miss you in chat though

Charlene. hope you found us ok. Now where are Judo Mom and Hilary... and the rest of you one time posters.. come back come back.

Today I plan on doing the big nothing!! After running around all week so far, today is me down time. Of course I still am unable to sleep in.. arggh.. was awake at 6:15 this morning. Sometime today or tomorrow, I am going to whack some weeds, but that is about as ambitious as I plan to get. My doc appointment went well yesterday. Yes, she did want blood drawn for the Serzone. I guess it is the medical group's policy now to require annual blood tests when you are on this drug. I have been on it more than 2 years and never had a test, so I guess I sorta slipped through the crack. I got the feeling this policy was fairly new, as in less than 6 months so I can't blame anyone. She gave me prescriptions for my Claritin and also for something else to try on my rosacea. She also told me the FUNNIEST thing.. that I am going to try. With rosacea, which is abnormal redness and bumps on the face for those that don't know, you sometimes get broken blood vessels on the face. With men it can be quite severe.. think WC fields nose or even Bill Clinton's. I have a few around my nose and on my chin, and the doc suggested something over the counter to help those.. Preparation H!!!! hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa can you imagine? Well, she said it shrinks blood vessels and that is what I want it to do ( I cannot afford cosmetic surgery right now to remove them anyway). So tomorrow I will start with hemmeroid cream oin my face... no smart a** comments abut which end is up or I'll get cranky.

Anyway, I've written a novel.. and need to scoot.. talk later.
Old 08-15-2002, 12:16 PM   #5  

Unhappy Almost ready to go

I have a busy day ahead of laundry packing and cleaning and then we are on the road early in the morning...don't forget about me!~

I scrapped last night with my neice until 130 in the morning and now I can say I have caught up with my scrapbooking right up until today except for our wedding, our trip to Disneyland in 1998 and my dd10 from ages 4-6. It feels so good. I have done almost 200 pages alone this summer. I laugh when I hear that the gals who scrap with me at workshops talk behind my back and accuse me of not having a life and that is why I get so much done! Ha if only they knew...I just keep on scrapping....it is the best revenge~!

Linda I have popped into chat and there is never anyone there but yes I have been pretty much MIA

Tippy hang in there!~

Leens you are so right about the weight and the Xmas shopping! You go girl!

Cathy good to hear from you...I didn't get the update re: the weight lost but I am happy for you! I miss our chats on MSN.

Gotta go and get to work...take care all and say hi to everyone else for me.

Miss ya!

Old 08-15-2002, 03:30 PM   #6  
Strive for Inner Peace

Hey Gang! I am one of those one-time posters!

I am on vacation and was checking the boards before I started on my next errand! I spent this week getting passports ready for the family. There are things going on in Italy that may require a quick departure for me, but I wanted to be able to take one of the kids if the opportunity allowed for it. I will be busy getting my yard and my mom's yard in order before the whole family heads out to a beach house on Vancouver Island. We will be away for 10 days. It is a mini-reunion with my two brothers.

Getting the kids school supplies and their school clothing in order before the trip will be a challenge, but better it be done now than when I return.

LindaT: Preparation H????? I have very very minute blood vessels that may appear to be broken at the surface..but what the heck anything is worth a try...and yes it is VERY HARD not to say something in jest...I have several one liners that come to mind..but too Canadian (polite) to mention!

Liz: You are living and enjoying life! It is great to see! So you are scapping the entire family albums.. wow those will become great heirlooms to pass down! Mine are all in labelled binders...but I am about 2 years behind.

Leens: you and Linda are quite entertaining! I love reading your posts!

Cathyxxx...would like to see you in chat sometime!

Anyway that is my weekly contribution!

See you guys
outback
Old 08-15-2002, 07:47 PM   #7  

Hello. I am really new at this. I'm not sure how this computer or this site works. Please forgive me if I mess up. I am in search of some people (healthier than myself at the moment) to connect with. You know the saying "Hang with the winners and you'll become one" I opened a thread (I think) under "sad and fat" that way I could meet some people with the same issues as me. I"ve been struggling with my weight and this depression too long. I need to get in gear!!!! Well if anyone is out there that thinks they can help,,,,,,,,please try. Thanks
Mila
Old 08-15-2002, 08:07 PM   #8  

Welcome Mila--by all means, stop by and talk with us!

Well ladies.....the man is an idiot! The cupboards we want went on sale last Saturday until the 18th. I asked him when we were picking them up and he said on the 18th!!! I asked if they would be still in stock and he got this bewildered look. So.. off we went to Appleton only to find that all but three were in stock. We bought them and took them to the storage area in the building where he has an office. Then, off to Green Bay we went where we got the other three. OK, by then we were stressed so we decided to take the scenic way home...very country and pretty. Then we get to a detour sign and he continues. I said the road is closed "DEAR" and please turn around in the driveway by the nearest farm. No....he tries to back into a driveway going into a field with DEEP DITCHES ON EACH SIDE! Guess where we spend an hour until a flatbed truck and a tow truck got us out! Now, this is a man with a high IQ! Imagine what he would do if he was stupid!

There...I feel better......!!
Old 08-15-2002, 08:31 PM   #9  

Default thanks for the welcome.

I'm really new to this whole online thing so please be patient with me. I'm just wanting to throw my feelings out there. I have been really depressed lately and I know it is because of the junk food I've been eating. I had lost like 25 pounds in a year, but I'm rapidly regaining. It's like this horrible roller coaster I can't seem to get off. Though the ride is fun it makes me sick,,,,get the analogy? It feels good though to be able to bring my feelings out honestly. Being hidden behind a computer really gives you the freedom to be honest especially with yourself. Hope to talk with y'all soon. Thanks. Mila
Old 08-16-2002, 08:38 AM   #10  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Mila, see you in tomorrow's thread, Friday, Aug 16th.....oh Elvis Day !! haaaa.
Closed Thread