Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2003, 10:16 AM   #1  

Talking Weekend wacko's!

Morning everyone!

I am up and just about ready to leave the house....I am doing an 8 hr ECG course and then working an 8 hour evening.

I am working all this weekend again. I can't keep this pace up....my marriage won't survive it and either are my kids very happy.

I guess I want the best of both worlds......I am trying to be home with my little one during the day and like to be home when dd 11 gets home after school just so she has my arms to fall into if she has to. for supper and homework.....so I have to work some time.....we need a family meeting and hubby and I have got to regroup.

Hope you all have a great week......I'll check in later!

Liz
Old 10-25-2003, 12:49 PM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Afternoon All,

Well its a cold one out there. I'm stuck home this weekend, dd had a horrible cold, poor thing, she's coughing like a truck driver OY.

Liz a family meeting is the best thing... just remember if mama ain't happy then nobody's happy, and thats the truth! Nothings more important then you and your family.

I just put the wee one down for a nap and I'm gonna surf for a few minutes then go lay down myself. Always on Saturdays I am so tired and lazy (although I did clean today lol) Sundays I feel like a new person if I relax on Saturdays.

Catch a wave

Leens
Old 10-25-2003, 12:57 PM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

I just found out my Aunt Pat died last night, she has some kind of anorizm SP??? it exploded in her heart and stomach (never heard of that but thats all the details I have now, I'll find out more later) ........they tried to save her but couldn't, she was only 62. Sigh ~~ She lived in arazona for the past few years but her kids still live in NJ, they are shipping her up here to be burried
Old 10-25-2003, 01:33 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Oh Leenie, I am so sorry about your aunt. 62 is so young! I will keep you and your family in my prayers! hugs!

Liz - I'm sure you're feel better when yall regroup! hugs!

It's 12:30 and I just finished cleaning house. Hubby left early this morning to go help a couple of friends. Both dear sons have just gotten up (their pooped) and are now cleaning their rooms (very slowly). Even tho I am done house cleaning I need to clean out my pantry and will jump on that as soon as I get done checking email.

The weatherman was right. It started raining about an hour ago. It's dark and wet outside. After I finish the pantry I'm hoping to curl up in my lazy boy rocker with some hot tea and just sit awhile and watch it rain! The simple pleasures of life!

I hope everybody has a blessed day!

cathy
Old 10-25-2003, 02:38 PM   #5  

Good morning

It is still morning here....for another 1/2 hour. DH & I woke up late today.....he is out walking the dog now....I am going to go to a craft show as soon as I get out of the shower.

It rained last night....it was pouring....now it looks sort of overcast.....a day to curl up & read a book.

Liz....maybe you are trying to do too much....in my working years as an RN....I sort of did like you....worked lots of evening shifts & weekends.....12 hour night shifts...where I would leave the house at 6:30 P.M.....I did this...so I would be with the kids more...in the years they were growing up.....but the thing was....I didn't see my DH a whole lot....somehow we got through those years though.

Leenie....I am so sorry to hear about your aunt....62 isn't very old.

Cathy....it's okay to sit & do nothing sometimes....I just might do that later....& read my book.

Well I should go & get something done around here.

April
Old 10-25-2003, 03:23 PM   #6  
Divine Gal

aawwwww *hugs* leenie

HIya ladies.its rainy YUCK
Old 10-25-2003, 03:27 PM   #7  

Oh Leens, I'm so sorry! A death like that reminds me to be nice to people as eternity is only a heartbeat away.

Today, I can't do much. Roger is putting sub flooring in the kitchen, so doing anything in there is out. I could be putting the summer clothing away but all my kitchen stuff is on the bed. It saves dusting them. I'd go upstairs and look for a crocheting pattern I'm searching for exept that I took a diuretic plus a BP med that is also a diuretic! This girl ain't going far from the bathroom!

Now Roger left to go to the dump since we have an old water heater to get rid of. Our doggie, Goldie, went with him. He loves to go to the dump with his daddy.

I have a cat story for LindaT. I was wearing a sweatshirt with a cat picture on the front of it. Brat the cat was sitting on the monitor staring at it! I started moving the shirt and his eyes got big and dark, his hair stood on end and he started hissing. He "saw" the picture! Strange! I quickly hid the pic with a towel before he attacked that marauding cat!

See you all later...................
Old 10-26-2003, 03:00 AM   #8  

Hi everyone

Leens sorry to hear about your aunt.....a sudden death is always sad....hugs to you.

Hi everyone else.....sounds like everyone is light spirited today

I am off to bed.

Liz
Old 10-26-2003, 09:59 AM   #9  

Unhappy

Leens: I just wanted to say that my prayers are with you and your family. I am so sorry to hear of your loss. You deserve to just take it easy and relax, so just curl up and read today.....After church that is. If you are like me, church will help you feel better.

Old 10-26-2003, 02:04 PM   #10  

Good morning

Not much happening here.....it is grey & cloudy here.....on days like this....in the past I would be feeling down or sad....but I am feeling good.

Did everyone turn their clocks back 1 hour last night?....am feeling a bit tired today.....could it be the time change.

My Dsister called me this morning from back east....she told me she met someone that I went to high school with in grade 11 & 12. I had a crush on him the whole 2 years.....never told anyone....I guess I didn't even tell my sister....this guy remembers me.....he says I was really shy....guess I was back then. His wife died a year ago. My sister said....this guy is single now & I said I am married....not single now.....back then...all those years ago....he didn't even know I had a crush on him.

April
Old 10-26-2003, 02:30 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good afternoon chickadees!

The weather is the same today as yesterday, rainy and dark. It is cooling off. Suppose to be 44 in the morning but we will see. Just got back from sunday school and church and just finished our lunch. Gonna take it easy until later this afternoon we have to go back for a youth teachers meeting.

What did everybody do with that extra hour? I woke up at 6 by myself so got up and did a 30 minute walk aerobics tape before getting ready for church. Sure felt good. That had me up and running for a few hours, now I'm slowly sinking and my eyes are getting heavy lol hmmmmm a cup of coffee might do the trick! except all I have is decaf. Think I'll have some anyway. :-)

hugs,
Cathy
Old 10-26-2003, 03:06 PM   #12  

I never needed that extra hour's sleep soooooooooo much! I went to a couse Sat from 9 am until 3:15 pm...the worked from 3:30 to 1:15! I was egggggggggsahusted!

Feeling good today! Have a roast in the oven and just having a relaxing few hours with the family!

Bye for now!

Hi Cathy!

Liz
Old 10-26-2003, 03:18 PM   #13  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good Afternoon,

What a dreary day out. Did the food shopping, some laundry, etc.
My joints feel achy, hurry up rain and get it over with will yah
OY!

See you all tomorrow

Leens
Old 10-26-2003, 03:28 PM   #14  
Divine Gal

its nasty here again.I am tired of nasty weather. Just got done doing 10mins on rider.

*hugs*
lynnie
Closed Thread