Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2003, 09:41 AM   #1  
Divine Gal

Default Rise and Shine Tuesday

Good Morning Ladies.....

BBIAB
Old 09-30-2003, 10:10 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning ladies

Leenie & Lynnie I sure hope you guys are feeling better! I seem to have gotten a little stomach bug or something - I actually feel awful this morning! I hate being nauseated. I took 2 motion sickness pills (something a pharmicist told me to do a long time with stomach bugs) but it hasn't seemed to help yet. I will be moving slow around here today, but hey, at least I'm here! So like....can you get a virus from your cyberbuddies! LOL

Thankfully it is beautiful here again today.

Did anybody watch Dr Phil yesterday? these people sure have a lot of things going on with them besides their weight. It's sad that people have so much baggage in their lives.

Soooooooooo how is everybody doing? I'm hoping to be my perky self by noon! That's my goal anyway!

hugs,
Cathy
Old 09-30-2003, 10:16 AM   #3  
Divine Gal

Good Morning Cathy. I am feeling some what better but I am trying to stay out of bed today.Yup cyberbuddies can give you sickness because Leenie got me sick!! *snickers*No for real I think its because the weather is changing so fast or it can't make up its mind.I can't believe this is the end of September already.

Anyone got any goals for the month of October?

I do. I am going to try and lose another 10 lbs by halloween.And I am going to try and find something to help me not stress so much.

*hugs*
lynnie
Old 09-30-2003, 10:23 AM   #4  

Good morning ladies....just checking in....just got up....going to sit at the light box now & have my coffee....am feeling better than I have in years since using the light box.....see you later.

April
Old 09-30-2003, 10:30 AM   #5  

Morning everyone!

Sorry to hear that you are ill Cathy....take it easy today!

Lynnie....way to go on the weight loss and the continued motivation.

April I am so happy for you that you are feeling better.

Yes I am following the Dr. Phil house.....it doesn't surprise me that lots of the people have huge emotional issues....that was my point when people were commenting that Dr. Phil doesn't know anything about dieting and nutrition....in 99% of all cases I think people with weight issues...either under or over weight have mega issues....no diet plan is going to work in the long term if those aren't dealt with....I don't care how good the plan is......sometimes people just need to relearn a portion size, or get that bit of confidence that they needed once the pounds start dropping and carry on upward...but I believe people with obesity have to get to the bottom of things to lose the weight.....myself included....I have issues from my past, anger about my son's death etc. It is a constant struggle.

I am going to jump in the shower....I am babysitting a little 7 month old this morning and then my new piano is being delivered...tomorrow the housekeeper comes so I have a bit of tidying to do.

Have a great day everyone.....I'll check back later!

Eliz
Old 09-30-2003, 11:22 AM   #6  

enjoy the last day of september, ladies.....

october is a mere few hours away
Old 09-30-2003, 12:15 PM   #7  

I made it in to work today. I can't deceid if that is a good thing. I will take the blame for you guys being sick. I think I was the one who started it last Wednesday. Maybe we are just all tuned into each other. (spooky music in the background)

I went to the doc though and he really doesn't know whatis up with me. He gave me some pills to help with stomach acid. I wonder if it is stress though. I am really stressed out about this banquet on Thursday (thank goodness it if finally here) and with work. I am really not enjoy this place anymore. I hate coming in to be exact. I feel terrible saying that but if it is making me sick then I got to get out.

I hope that you all enjoy your day. I'll check back in later.
Old 09-30-2003, 01:28 PM   #8  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Oh boy, everyone is feeling icky today, I'm home AGAIN. I figure just one more day aught to do it. My throat is on fire most of the time...oy vey!

I often wonder (speaking of dr. phil)..... what kind of advice he would give me. Sure I have some baggage but food to me I associate with feeling good. Comfort. PLUS ! I just love to eat...PERIOD! I don't feel its a matter of just controling it because I am addicted. Wonder what he would say to ME ?

And if its the, just walk away, blah blah blah, you need to control yourself.........well DUH ! I don't wanna hear that.

I saw 5 minutes of yesterdays show when he made that woman ball her eyes out and tell him she wanted to die but she didn't.... I just don't know, it didn't seem sincere on her part, it seemed as it was forced (w/some feeling but mostly forced, you know just for the TV audience)? Don't all attack at once now lol.

Kem I'll take the blame w/you, I was sick Tues & Wed of last week and this past saturday OMG was my stomach sick........ick.
Old 09-30-2003, 02:11 PM   #9  

Why would we attack Leens.......I think it is great to discuss things and disagree sometimes even.....pretty boring if we all sit and nod our heads to everything......in all honesty there are a few people in Dr.Phil's house that annoy the **** out of me!

Great to see all the posts.....I'll check in later....have to feed dd5

Eliz
Old 09-30-2003, 02:30 PM   #10  

hey gang - well its 1:20 and I'm not feeling perky yet but I'm trying. I can't wait to get home and go to bed - yea right! lol Don't worry - I'm thru whining - this will pass.

About Dr Phil yesterday I saw that part too Leenie. My first thought was - boy he sure got her to open up quick - and then I thought that probably it took awhile but they just cut the tape and just showed what they needed to. Who knows, maybe I am way too niave. But yea some of it seemed "made for tv". It has been interesting to some degree, but I'm not hearing anything so far that applies to me (don't mean to sound selfish there, I just thought I was gonna hear something I needed to hear) and I don't understand why is he taking 5 out today and only gonna be working with 8. how are those 5 gonna feel when they are pulled out? I hope he has something lined up to help them. if not, maybe Cin can call them and get them to weight watchers!

Kemp? what don't you like about your job?

Lynnie? goals for October? hmmmmm I will have to give that some thought. I can't make goals like "I want to lose 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 lbs" bec my body just don't work that way. My goals have to be something like - to exercise everyday of the week, or drink more then 64 oz of water a day, or add weights 3 times a week" stuff like that.

April, I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better!

Annex, you sound very poetic! are you an artist?

Tippy, how is your leg doing?

Cin, you getting ready for your surgery tomorrow? I will be praying for you. Please let us know how you are doing as soon as you can. If nothing else type with your nose girlie! we'll take messages anyway we can get them! lol

where is the rest of the gang?

cathy

Last edited by cathyxxx; 09-30-2003 at 02:32 PM.
Old 09-30-2003, 02:46 PM   #11  

I am pretty much just sick of the boss. I feel like he puts on a show to everyone but I get to see the real him. It is really had to explain without writting a novel.
Old 09-30-2003, 04:26 PM   #12  

Ok I feel better, Dr Phil didn't take 5 out of the group! He is keeping all 13! guess it was for ratings or shock therapy or whatever, but I'm really glad he didn't kick anybody off! They all need help!
Old 09-30-2003, 05:42 PM   #13  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

cathy I watched it today too, curiosity I guess.
the lady he balled out yesterday was voted most likely to NOT succeed....... she's a phony !!!!! You know you could just tell.

Anyway, he wan't so much of a bast@rd today on his show... lol.

Hugs I'll chat more about this tomorrrow when I'm at work and can think lol.

Hugs.
Old 09-30-2003, 07:20 PM   #14  

Hi again.....it is still a beautiful day here.....almost +20C now....& tomorrow is Oct. 1....can't believe this weather.

I went to the dentist this morning....had a filling fall out last week....so had to have a new one put in.....then DH & I went for a walk with Charlie....the dog.

Cathy......I hope you are feeling better now.

I did watch the last half of Dr. Phil today....but didn't see the other shows....I know for me....all the struggle through the years with my weight.....has turned it into an emotional one.....it wasn't like this when I was...say 25....a long time ago.

April
Closed Thread