Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 01-20-2022, 09:21 PM   #16  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Ladies Oh wow who do I send positive health blessings to first?? Ann I am so glad that you are vaccinated, to hopefully lessen the severity. You've been sick since the 10th, oh wow that is a long time to not feel good! Do you need to get that treatment, I'm not even sure what it is, like an IV of fluids? Wishing you all the best, Ann!

Kathleen - oh gosh what kind of fear does your discovery put in you! the worst, I'm sure Wishing so much that you get good news tomorrow at the doctor
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 04:30 PM   #17  
I can do it!!!

S/C/G: 223/165/145

Height: 5'4"

Well, the nurse practitioner couldn't feel anything at all in the area where I am experiencing the pain, so she thinks it is/was a pulled muscle from what I described. We are thinking that what my massage therapist felt was a "knot" in the muscle that kind of softened after he pressed on it. It has started to feel a little better. She said to call back if it persists or gets worse by mid-week next week. So that is a relief. While I was there, I showed her a swollen area on the inside of my left knee that has been there since at least summer of 2021. I have also had intermittent knee pain for awhile, so I figured I should have it looked at since I was there. She thinks it is a fatty lipoma, but wants to be sure. They took an x-ray, which showed mild osteoarthritis. She wants to follow up with an ultrasound to check the soft tissue. Will probably leave it alone if it is a fatty lipoma. I swear, I always have an ailment of some kind. It sucks getting old!

Have a great week, Holly and Ann!
IBelieveInMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 05:43 PM   #18  
Biker Chick!

Kathleen I'm so relieved (as you are!) that the scary thought of a tumor is now gone Though of course hearing osteoarthritis somewhere else is not good - you are right, getting older is not for the weak or faint of heart! But it beats the alternative!

Ann how are you feeling?? thinking of you

I don't want to win any contests or anything LOL but this morning it was -16 F here! Not wind chill, still temperature. Lordy! We love to live here because our weather does not kill us or tear down our house or flood us...but we have to endure some bitter long winters. Just makes me appreciate spring and summer so much more I guess
Old 01-24-2022, 09:41 AM   #19  

Height: 5' 4"

Kathleen, glad you got good news on that pain.

Holly, sounds like work is improving, do you work for Vermont Bean? I order from them

I am still fighting symptoms, I think I am getting better then I have a day where I am fatigued and just feel awful. Going into week 3 with this crap.
Gone Astray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 07:19 AM   #20  
Biker Chick!

Ann that is so crummy, that you've been feeling awful for so long! I guess all you can do is take it as easy as possible, and we know you are eating well, lots of fluids and rest...best wishes!!

I work for High Mowing Organic Seed Company, Ann, it's in the tiny village of Wolcott and is only about 8 miles from me.
I had never heard of Vermont Bean Seed Company, googled them, they're in Wisconsin! Interesting.

Hi Kathlneen
Old 01-29-2022, 10:03 AM   #21  
Biker Chick!

Hi Friends Just checking in, Ann I hope that you are feeling any better?? I surely hope so!

Hi Kathleen !

and really big Hi to our former friends who used to come here

We are getting spared from the coastal winter storm, we are only on the outermost edges and will only get a few inches of snow at the most. But we have had constant below 0 temps for weeks.

I no longer have the awful stomach twinges because of work, I know enough to 'get along' mostly though I do have to ask my wonderful patient in-office teammate constant questions about new situations. I mostly dont want my teammates to feel that I am a slacker or loser! that I'm trying my best to pull my load.

I love having weekends off! just to putter around the house and do mostly nothing although I did tackle my desk area and got that looking alot better. Thought hard about getting rid of some things that I've been hanging onto for sentimental reasons and just made the decision to let go (family stuff, belongings of long-passed away family members) Next I have to go to the folders of early school work/art work from the boys! I think I want to share it with them and then ask them if I can release the stuff. Less clutter helps my mindset so very much. I know we all differ in this aspect though!

Old 01-29-2022, 10:23 AM   #22  

Height: 5' 4"

Holly, I am feeling better, still having awful coughing jags but not fatigued like I was.
Glad work is smoothing out.
I went through my kids old artwork, I ended up scanning some and just took pictures of the others. If you have them digitally you can have a book made at Shutterfly. Just a thought.

Vermont Bean co sent me a catalog last year, first time I had heard of them. They are a division of Jungs in Wisconsin, my mother ordered from them in the 60's and I have also used them a lot. VB had some new pole beans that I just had to try last year.

I will be planning my 2022 garden shortly, I save my own heirloom tomato seeds and have enough other left over so I won't need to buy any this year.
Gone Astray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 03:17 PM   #23  
I can do it!!!

Ann, glad to hear that you are finally feeling better, but sorry that the cough is lingering. Hope you have been able to get plenty of rest.

Holly, I am so happy that you don't have all of that awful anxiety about work anymore. Extended below 0° temps sounds like a nightmare to me! Our temps have been in the 20s and sometimes in the teens, and that is plenty cold for me. I heard that we are supposed to have a day in the 40s this coming week! I'll take it!

Today is our 28th wedding anniversary. 🎉 We also dated for 9 and a half years prior to that, so we have been together for 37 years! We have been through so much together and, although things haven't been great lately, right now is an okay time and I think we are both trying to focus on the positive... especially today. We are going out to our favorite steak house for dinner tonight to celebrate.

Until the past two busy days, I had walked on the treadmill nearly every day this month, which is a huge improvement for me. Consistency with exercise has always been a challenge for me. One difference this time is that I have actually looked forward to walking, even through some of my aches and pains.

Oh, I had a knee ultrasound on Friday, and the report said that the mass in the soft tissue is a "probable lipoma." I havent spoken with anyone from my doctor's office about it yet, but the nurse practitioner had said that, if it is a fatty lipoma, we will probably just leave it alone. I might ask about a needle biopsy just to be sure it is fat. But I am relieved that I did have it looked at (when I went in for the chest pain) and that it appears to be nothing serious.

I'm not sure where my weight stands. I haven't weighed at home for awhile. Weight was still up at my doctor's appointment, but it tends to run high there. I am hoping that it will begin to head down soon.

Hope you ladies are having a wonderful weekend! Here's to a great week ahead!
Old 02-01-2022, 10:56 PM   #24  
I can do it!!!

Just a quick message to let you know that I started the new February Ups & Downs thread! See you there!