Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 02-18-2021, 06:10 PM   #16  
I can do it!!!

S/C/G: 223/165/145

Height: 5'4"

Pat: Wow! Those mushrooms are expensive! But I sure hope they help. I'm so sorry you had a challenging week with treatments. I just hate that you have to go through this. I am hoping and praying for a very long remission and a miracle cure along with you. I absolutely believe that it is possible! Let's all envision it coming your way!
IBelieveInMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 06:34 PM   #17  
I can do it!!!

Holly: My appointment with my doctor was actually in person. But, after complaining that he didn't really address the tingling in my fingers, I remembered that he did check my grip and had me push in and out against his hand to test the strength in my fingers. So I guess he did check for neurological deficits now that I think about it. I feel bad that I painted him in such a negative light. Anyway, the tingling seems to be only slightly there now... or I have become used to it. Not sure which. The arthritis is the biggest pain ~ both literally and figuratively.

I am so happy that you are enjoying your time not working. You deserve a break and some time to yourself! Anyway, you put in a lot of work with that super deluxe snow thrower and all of your shoveling.

I'm sorry that you won't be able to celebrate your son's birthday with him. It will be so nice when COVID is a thing of the past!

Last edited by IBelieveInMe2; 02-18-2021 at 06:48 PM.
Old 02-21-2021, 08:16 AM   #18  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hello friends !

Kathleen Gosh I hope that the tingling is indeed not as bad, not that you've gotten used to it. But the arthritis is surely real and painful Do you have to take alot of pain relievers to help? And how is the new pup doing

Pat continued positive thougths love and prayers to you to cope and overcome and triumph and hoping for a LONG remission or even better a CURE

Lisa I am missing hearing from you! but no pressure or obligation, just hoping all is good with you

I have not been able to reign in my overeating, but at least I'm aware of it . I also need to get back to daily water. It is really easy I just have to do it. I still enjoy my exercise with this lady https://pahlabfitness.com/ and am still able to take care of the shoveling and snowthrowing. I don't know how I managed the snow when I was working full time! actually I do know how I managed ...I just did not do it . I did not have paths carved out for me to walk Chloe, and I did not go out and widen the driveway so it was always narrow .

well right now it is 12 above, but sunny and it is supposed to get to 25 later with sun, that is like a heat wave for us LOL!! I will definitely get out there, layered up and move some snow around
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 01:57 AM   #19  
TREEMBBS

S/C/G: 90.8

Height: 5 feet 7and a half inches

Holly, Kathleen and Lisa - have I missed anyone?
Trying to keep floating in here now and then.
It is strange reading about the cold when we are still experiencing Summer. (Albeit a cooler wet one than normal) No renovations are not very practical to do during Winter nor does it inspire you to do so.

Well our government did not allow more than 5 to gather in our homes so our anniversary celebrations with our family are on hold for now. That's OK, the vaccine is rolling out now starting yesterday so that will hopefully help.

Keep well and happy everyone. x.
TREEMBBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 12:49 AM   #20  
I can do it!!!

Holly: Unfortunately, I take a lot of pain relievers already, because I suffer from chronic headaches and migraines. I'm not really sure if they are helping the arthritis pain. I have been using Voltaren, which is an NSAID gel specifically for arthritis. It does seem to at least take the edge off of the pain, especially if I use it daily.

Tully is doing really well! Thanks for asking. I am writing this very late on Friday night, and he will be 5 months old on Saturday, the 27th. He is about 99.9% potty trained (knock on wood) and is as cute as can be! He has the funniest personality. He is very affectionate. He and Lucy have become good buddies. He has really perked her up after losing our other Cocker Spaniel. We are so glad that we got him! 💙

As you said, at least you are aware of your overeating. Has it caused any weight gain? Can you pinpoint a root cause... or is it just being home all day? What is your secret to consistent exercise? That has always been a challenge for me.

Brrr!!! 12° sounds terrible!!! We had a heatwave here this past week, thank God! It was in the 50's during the day in the beginning of the week and in the 40's the past couple days. We haven't felt those temps since the fall. It gives me hope for Spring! I can't wait!!!
Old 02-27-2021, 01:07 AM   #21  
I can do it!!!

TREEMBBS: Hello! Our other "regular" friend here is Pat (flower123 is her username). We appreciate you checking in whenever you can. No pressure! But it is always great to hear from you.

Happy 50th Anniversary! ❤🎉 That is wonderful! I'm so sorry that you had to put your celebrations with family on hold for now. That must be disappointing.

Are you eligible to get the vaccine? Despite my breast cancer history, I am not eligible yet. My parents got both of their doses. My Dad is 91 and my Mom is 86. My 21-year-old daughter just got her first dose this past week. She is eligible because she has Spina Bifida. She is scheduled to get her 2nd dose March 18th. I read where, once you've received your 2nd dose, the vaccine is supposed to be 95% effective. I hope that is true!

Enjoy every bit of your Summer!
Old 02-27-2021, 01:10 AM   #22  
I can do it!!!

Hi Lisa & Pat! Thinking of you both and hoping all is well!
Old 02-27-2021, 01:17 AM   #23  
I can do it!!!

Just a reminder: if anyone has time, please start a new March 2021 Ups & Downs thread for our group once March starts. (I will if I remember.) Thanks!
Old 02-28-2021, 11:55 AM   #24  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hello TREEMBBS, Lisa, Pat, and Kathleen!

Kathleen yay for little Tully to be 99.9% potty trained, knocking wood! and so glad he is perking up your other Cocker Spaniel I am sorry for your arthritis pain and I guess I had forgotten (sorry!) about your chronic headaches and migraines I'm so glad your parents and daughter have been able to get vaccinated, yes it has GOT to be our hope to get back to our world!!

TREEMBBS so sorry your celebration of the incredible achievement of 50 years of marriage has to be delayed, booo. All the reason for a bigger party later Enjoy your summer!! do you have a veggie garden, or just flowers, or what do you like to grow?

Hi to Lisa and Pat I hope so much both you ladies are OK. Pat we know is going thru chemo which is so stressful. But we are praying for healing and miracles !

last day of February! it is not too cold today, 38, but overcast. We still have enormous amounts of snow everywhere. And right now, our path is not too bad but the driveway has some treacherous icy smooth spots. I usually go out with the bucket of sand and broadcast the worst areas. I don't need a broken leg or wrist or arm!!

Kathleen I;m so glad you asked direct questions about my complaining about my eating. It i true that I don't have enough to occupy my mind . What is it about human nature - when I work full time I complain about that, yet when I have this glorious time off I complain! haha!

I haven't even weighed myself in months. I had been doing pretty well when I was weighing at 146. And in my mind recently I had thought I must have gained at least 10. From knowing how my bad habits have started and how my clothes feel. JUST NOW I went and made myself weigh. It shows 154.8 which is not as much as I feared . It is always best to face the truth isn't it!! and I had been baking and eating crazy since mid January (when I got released from THE JOB) So now I cannot bake like I had been, my husband also needs to not eat stuff I bake, so we have to do it together

I am hoping so much that with vaccinations, my summer job will open this year!!! As I just turned 60, my age group isn't called yet. Our State just called the 65 and over group. So maybe I will be eligible in a month?

so glad we have this place to come to

VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 01:11 AM   #25  
I can do it!!!

Holly: I am the same way about weighing these days. I hardly ever weigh myself at home anymore. It seems to be working better for me. Although, I have to get a shot/injection once a month that keeps me in menopause for the hormone therapy I am on to prevent a reoccurence of breast cancer. And, just recently, they began weighing us at every monthly visit... so I see the "doctor scale weight" regularly now. I have been surprised sometimes that, thankfully, I have continued to maintain my weight for the most part. You were good to go and weigh yourself right when you were wondering about your current weight. And see... it wasn't as bad as you thought! Yes, it is always best to face the truth. At least you know where you stand now.
Happy Belated 60th Birthday! Did you do anything fun to celebrate?

Is the summer job you are hoping will open "the" old summer job you always loved? I forget. Did it close because of COVID? I hope it will open back up for you! Please keep us updated.

I am very thankful for this group, too! ❤
Old 03-01-2021, 01:16 AM   #26  
I can do it!!!

I started a new March 2021 Ups & Downs Support Group thread. Please join us there.