July 2020 Ups and Downs Fighting Depression Thread - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 07-02-2020, 09:17 AM   #1  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Default July 2020 Ups and Downs Fighting Depression Thread

We are a small but mighty group that support each other through the Ups and Downs of life. please feel free to join and just talk

VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 09:20 AM   #2  
Biker Chick!

Here is Flower (Pat's) last post -

Quote:
Originally Posted by flower123 View Post
Hi Holly
the pics of your garden are beautiful! How productive you and the garden are!

Im glad to read that your doc appt went so well. Do you have a diagnosis? Seasonal allergies were so much Dorsey this year for people. But of course your issues started in the winter. What a relief it's now under control.

Sorry you were not treated with dignity by the board of your summer job. Honestly an up side to it is you will not be exposed to covid. But that's just my thinking.

Im so happy it's rained the past two days. Total we had 1.15 inch. That's awesome. Hoping for more rain on Wednesday. Preferably gentle and steady. Then Thursday back up to 90 degrees here. But it's okay.

Everything is good here. Still trying to get up the nerve to hold to Costco , hannaford and price chopper. All larger stores.
Around where I live it's not as safe. But I'm doing fine. Except I AM getting bigger. No motivation to rectify it. Also during the quaranteen without chiropractic care my hiatal hvernia got bigger. The chiropractor was concerned. I know of no option other than surgery to repair it. And surgery is not a sure fix for this. Not a high success rate. I have no one who could help me pre- or post surgery. So I guess that's had me concerned. Not a fan of surgery when I'm completely alone.

Anyway thank you for the great photos. Hope you are having a good week. We are all finding our way through this unsettling time <3.
hi to anyone reading this <3
Old 07-02-2020, 09:33 AM   #3  
Biker Chick!

Good morning Pat and anyone else

thank you for the comps on the gardening! it is my one activity now. And yes I should be glad that I am safely away from people at work. In my adult working life I've never had more than 1 week off at a time. OK not true: the last time I had a week off was last year when i cut off the end of my finger so that doesn't count, lol! Before that, I think we had a moto trip like in 2012?? So a long time.

So I'm not sure of an actual diagnosis of my breathing problems previously, just that I did have lingering upper respiratory infections (sinus/bronchitis) and my lungs were irrttated and responded with the asthma. I've been on the Advair inhaler 2X a day and a Zyrtec tab every day and haven't had ANY breathing problems since May !

And no congrats for me on reigning in my bad eating !! ugh. because I haven't been able to keep to it. But I have been exercising when it isn't absolutely dreadfully hot . I missed 2 days out of June.

I am so sorry that you are without chiropractic care at this time and the hernia is not good is it painful? If you had the surgery, are there services that someone could check on you at home? that is very concerning. And yes your stores are much bigger, many more people, probably alot of people without masks, that is scary. Of course that would make you leery of going out. Thinking of you, Pat!!

Yes all that rain, after our driest June!! and supposed to be very warm today. I do love sunshine but not so much high heat and humidity. But remind me of this during winter, LOL!

I hope you have a GOOD day

Last edited by VermontMom; 07-02-2020 at 09:33 AM.
Old 07-04-2020, 04:50 AM   #4  

Hey Holly
thank you for starting the July thread. You are awesome!

If anyone else else wants to jump in and post, please do. "The more the merrier"

Holly, sounds like you did get a diagnosis. So glad everything resolved. You went through so much with your lungs! Glad the doc got you on the fight medications. I've had chronic bronchitis and sinusitis before. It was awful. And you worked while you were sick for so long.

Re not working, that can be a difficult thing to adjust to. Many people don't know what to do if they aren't workimg. But first you were physically recuperating. And now you are busy in your garden. I have to dig more milkweed out of my garden. Checking the leaves first to make sure there are no chrysalis on them. Cattapillars like to make them on milkweed plants. I would leave them there if baby butterflies are growing <3

Re the hiatal hernia. Now that Gov. Scott allowed chiropractic offices to open again I am back once a week going to her. But I guess those 3 months of not bring able to get chiropractic care made the hernia bigger. It causes a lot of acid and yes, pain. Idk what kind of free home care would be available if I had the surgery. But that surgery doesn't have a high success rate. Oh, I got my first meat tenderizer mallet today. I think I bought one that isn't good. It's oddly light weight. Might be hollow inside. Made by cuisinart. Anyway, I'm not sending it back to Amazon. I'll use it on some very tough chicken breast I bought at Trader Joe's that I froze until the mallet arrived, lol.

Re the weather, get ready got higher humidity and temperature. But still I prefer it to winter.
Hoping you have a good weekend. And hoping anyone who reads this has a great weekend.

Last edited by flower123; 07-04-2020 at 04:55 AM.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 10:14 AM   #5  
Biker Chick!

Good morning Flower!! and anyone else reading, yes, please feel free to jump in and say hi!!

Flower - I'm glad you have been able to resume chiropractic but sad that the hernia is worse and painful. and NOT good to hear about poor success rate I am very sorry to hear that

Yes the heat and humidity have been intense, and yes I need to remind myself it is much better than winter The garden plants are loving it though! the squash and pumpkins in particular. I see one small pumpkin baby already!! and a few teeny tiny cukes that are just forming. Love watching them all and the flowers that my husband started from seed, they are like children to me, lol!

Oh I have NO milkweed, I hope you do find a chrysalis or two!! I haven't seen a monarch yet this year. But we do have at least one persistent Yellow Swallowtail that visits daily.

Yes, this vacation from work is really a psychological work! You'd think one would just be 'tra la la, no work for me' but maybe I need structure and time frames? and how on earth will I be able to keep the yard looking so good if/when work calls..well the answer is I won't be able to, but I will have this memory

I went out on the bike on Thursday just because I felt I HAD to. I have barely put on 200 miles this season and usually I would be at about 1000 a month I have a mesh jacket that allows air flow but even with that on, it was so very hot. (better than winter, better than winter, haha!)

today our older son is coming over for an informal cookout. We didn't ask younger son and girlfriend only because we assumed they are doing something in the Burlington area.

I've been afraid to weigh myself so discouraging but truly haven't been trying hard at all. I am hovering at the 'overweight' and 'normal' weight, if I lost about 7 lbs I'd be at 'normal'. Have to say that it is more important for me to feel fit and strong and I do feel that way, except for my knees sometimes.

have a good day Pat and anyone else reading! Oh my gosh...Happy 4th also (I hope no one in our small town sets off fireworks, it scares our dog so much)

Last edited by VermontMom; 07-04-2020 at 10:15 AM.
Old 07-11-2020, 01:59 AM   #6  

Hi jolly and all
Sorry it took do long for me to reply. Depression has been building since covid quaranteen isolation while still dealing with mother's death. Just not who I used to be. But I keep going.

yellow swallowtail? I had no clue they were around this area. I've never seen one.

Im glad your garden us enjoying this weather. Hoping the rain on .Saturday helps a lot. I'm looking forward to it.
Awesome that you went riding. I know it's important for you. Hope you had a nice time doing the cookout with your son. Glad you had that time with him. I didn't know you have a son in my area of VT.

Food is worse than ever. They are repaving my condo complex. That throws off my flow. Finding a safe parking space because cars cannot be in the driveways or even garage. Drievays were done first. Then Monday the oadway gets paved. But I can keep my car in the garage until Tuesday night. Service vehicles will not be able to enter. No mail delivery today. Complex entrance will be closed off on Monday. My refrigerator is broken. No cold air in the ref. part. Called a service person. Left message. He doesn't work weekends. Monday no vehicles are allowed in yo the complex. So I have no way to get it fixed before Tuesday. And I'm not sure it even can be fixed. Worst timing. It's wreaking havoc on the anxiety. Tough to be alone, agoraphobic and have no one to help. So I'm eating lol. Not going to spell check. So if you see a swear word, it wasn't my intention, lol

hope you and all have a great weekend. And happy rain!
Old 07-13-2020, 05:41 PM   #7  
Biker Chick!

Pat - I am so sorry to hear you are not doing so good with all that 's going on, then you have to deal with the paving, vehicle restrictions, broken refridgerator...too much!! I wish there was someone close to you, close by. It is pretty hollow but I am thinking of you

Yes our younger son and girlfriend moved into an apt on Swift Street in February, and our older son has a house in Hardwick.

It has been so brutally hot and humid! we do have a small a/c window unit and finally installed it 3 days ago. It made sleeping BLISSFUL but it reinforced that I don't do well with closed door rooms (we would close the bedroom door because it is a small unit) .Minor claustrophobia I guess. I am the same way if I am in a room with people, I can't be in the back of the room seated with a bunch of people in front of me..makes me a little panicky about being able to bolt if needed. Anyway, thank goodness for the break today, less humid and much cooler . aaahhh

Still haven't weighed myself..don't want to and see the bad news.

Old 07-15-2020, 12:46 PM   #8  
Biker Chick!

Hoping your refridgerator is repaired, Pat?

I feel the need to reach out to communicate that I am actively fighting a down spiral. I have been fighting by attempting to accomplish 'something' each day. Something that visually makes a difference. though I know I must do my daily exercise, even if that doesn't show. That is an investment in myself. but something in this dear little cluttered house. and yeah as always I blame my spouse. But I have to live here too. And if I nicely ask for something to be taken care of, and it just doesn't get done in days/weeks/month/YEARS then I have every right to take care of it myself. Even though I don't want to!! I am a neat person and pick up after myself, I don't leave my mess for my spouse I know this is a MINOR problem! I am fortunate in a hundred other ways. and I try to remind myself of that. Today's 'difference' is cleaning out the cupboard space under the sink. WHY we have 5 bottles of febreze spray??? because when he wants one, he doesn't want to bend down and find it, just buys ANOTHER one. Again...NOT a big deal in the scheme of things, right?

*edit. It was 5 cans of air fresheners, 2 cans of Febreze :rolleyes

Last edited by VermontMom; 07-15-2020 at 12:47 PM.
Old 07-15-2020, 05:11 PM   #9  
Biker Chick!

Okay...I used to tell myself "just get through today, and tomorrow might be better". I just got good news! my chef boss just called and asked if I was interested in helping him with a gig job. He's leasing a food trailer and needs someone to be counter person/helper. and I can make cookies/goodies to sell. Hopefully start next Wednesday !
Old 07-16-2020, 03:43 PM   #10  

Sorry Holly
i just saw the messages. What exciting news about the job!!! Congratulations. BUT I'm so sorry you have been dealing with a doenward spiral. I understand how difficult tgat can be. Has news of the impending job turned that around? I hope so. Has it? it sounds like fun work.

I think the thing around living in a neat enviornment is more important to your well being than he can figure out.. Typically when people need that it's because it's their very important and necessary way of controlling their life. So when people are feeling like things in the inside are out of control, it's vitally important for things in their enviornment to be neat. It's actually very important. All those multiple bottles of things. If it were me I would pour them into one bottle.
If they don't fit, I would throw out the others. You need a manageable enviornment where things are in their place. And not messy!!! Very important. So I get that. I give you permission to do that, lol.

re the a/a Unit congrats!! I would not live without one. Although I did until I was around 50 years old. That was fine when my bedroom was on the first floor. But when I was 39 years old I moved to a place with an upstair bedroom. Being a bit clostrophobic and having to keep the door closed must be tough. Sounds very challenging. Hoping maybe you can somehow get used to it.

, so your youngest son lives near me. I'm around 5 minutes away from the intersection of Swift and Dorset streets. Someone from Hardwick just dropped off zucchini to me today. A surprise gift. He works in Williston. So I have lovely fresh zucchini.

My refrigerator is workimg again. The guy showed up on Tuesday, told me it needed a new defrost switch. Told me it had to be unplugged and completely defrost for 24 hours. The ice buildup was not visible. But somehow he saw it. Then on Wednesday he came back and replaced the faulty part. Sadly, he was an anti mask person. I asked him to wear a mask the first day. He did but he turned mean. The second day I felt he would be even worse if I asked. I felt in my gut he might be vengeful. So I didn't ask. I am VERY immune compromised. So I hope he was not carrying covid. He was breathing in my refrigerator for a long time. So time will tell if he was carrying covid. What a HORRIBLE man! Now I have to get chicken and turkey to replace the spoiled stuff. I don't eat beef or pork.

A friend who moved to Washington state has started to do zoom with me once a week. She didn't know what a toll being completely alone for months had taken in me. But she now knows. So we have a lot of fun talking and laughing once a week on Zoom.

How are you feeling now Holly? Has the downward spiral turned around with news of the impending new job? I really hope so. But understand if it's still going on. If there are typos, please excuse them. Too tired to proof read, lol

Hi to anyone one who is reading this. As always, please feel free to join in. <3

Old 07-16-2020, 04:03 PM   #11  
Biker Chick!

Pat - that is so very crummy that the appliance repair guy was a JERK (and I'm reigning in my potty mouth ) about the mask!!! and of course you were under his control, because you needed the fridge fixed. and who knows what retaliation he would have done, to your fridge or to your bill!!! I bet you cleaned everything afterwards!! but yeah he was breathing in your home, in your fridge. Jerk!!!! But people ARE getting violent when called out on not wearing. do you think you need to be tested?

I am so glad you can "Zoom" with a friend! that must help alot. Yay! and nice that you have some fresh zucchini! that person's garden must be doing well! I wanted one zucchini plant but it didn't make it. Our cucumbers are doing great though! each day I get at least a couple. They are small though. like pickling size. That's good for us.

today and yesterday, such nice breaks from the heat and humidity!

Yes! I feel alot better. Due to the news of 'going back to work' - and because just some days are not as good as others. And I always do feel better when I tackle something and it makes a difference (like taking care under that cupcoard) The number of bottles of stuff was a 'tame' example. There must be hundreds and hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars worth of tools and stuff around here. They get bought. They don't get put away properly (because the garage or back deck have never been properly set up with shelves, organization) So when he is looking for what he bought, but can't find stuff.. buys more. I'm gonna have a **** of a yard sale when I am a widow, LOL. One year I went on the back porch and gathered a bunch of items, cleaned them off (still in packaging) and gave it to him for Christmas

I need to reinforce to myself all positive things. Home, health, marriage, sons, dog. Flowers. Living here. That I am not as overweight as I though. I weighed yesterday. I am 10 lbs heavier than my lightest adult weight. 10 pounds over is not so terrible. though I am so self concious of my upper arms. And my legs. So I don't wear shorts EVER. I am OK at wearing capris. And then I see women in public who are much heavier than I, and they don't seem to care, they are dressing to be comfy. I'ts all in our heads isn't it!!

so glad I have Pat here to talk to but we always welcome others!!
Old 07-17-2020, 11:43 PM   #12  

Hello everyone!! I got away from all my boards this past year. I shouldn't have but I did. I hope everyone here is doing well.

Not much going on in my life except health stuff. My weight loss stalled at - 50 lbs. I'm still fighting the good fight.

Sorry I left. I had so much going on here.
lisaloveshearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 11:15 AM   #13  
Biker Chick!

LISA !!!!!! so glad to see you here! I have not stopped thinking of you all this time

Pat and I have kept the place going

I was about to start the August thread. but I'll wait until I'm sure Pat sees this

hooray!

Old 08-05-2020, 02:34 PM   #14  

Lisa, great go see you. No worries about being away from this board. But it's GREAT to see you back.

Holly. Sorry I have not posted in a while. Been in a funk. Have not had energy to do most things. How is your job going? Hoping it's great.

I just dared to try to try on my summer pants. One pair that fit loose no longer really fits. But it's not as bad as I thought. Stomach distended due to bigger hiatal hernia. So that too is a factor. So I'm guessing my covid months of isolation yielded around 7 lbs gain. Honestly it's an extreme loss that the woman who channeled the healing guide retired. The guide and she kept me figuratively above water for 27 years. The loss is significant.
Sorry I cannot be more positive.

Sending very best to you both, and all who read this.
Old 08-06-2020, 09:19 PM   #15  

I'm so glad y'all aren't mad at me. My life has been mad crazy the past 3 weeks. Mad crazy.

I finally got my left knee replaced. It was done on July 16th. PT is ****ing ****.

I'll finish this in the Aug thread.
lisaloveshearts is offline   Reply With Quote