Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 06-19-2020, 11:52 AM   #1  
amber

S/C/G: 318/288.8/220

Height: 5'5"

Default The aftermath of "some" bipolar meds?

Hi,

I currently take Latuda but was on Seroquel. I gained 40 pounds in 4 months. I have been on Latuda a year and a half now with no weight gain. However, I've been exercising 30 min mon-fri and going on 45-1hr walks 2-3x a week and I eat healthy mon-fri then relax but still mind portions Sat and Sun. I've been doing this 3 months and have lost only 10 pounds from 256-246. I read Seroquel can mess with metabolism. It's frustrating and I don't know what to do. I'm working so hard and seeing minimal results, literally. I'll do it as long as I have to I was just wondering if anyone got their metabolism any better? How?
ButterCup85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 02:59 PM   #2  
amber

S/C/G: 318/288.8/220

Height: 5'5"

Well, I spoke to my doctor about the weight gain and he said some antipsychotics can really hurt your metabolism so he has prescribed me a pill that has weight loss as a side effect, it is a serious pill that CAN have other serious side effects so I did weigh the pros and cons and he is going to be watching me weekly. But, in 6 days I am down 3 pounds. Typically I lose a pound a month for the last 3 months so this is promising.
ButterCup85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 06:36 AM   #3  

Sorry the original media caused do much weight gain. hoping that med has all of the beneficial effects. And non of the concerning side effects! Congrats on the weight loss.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 10:02 AM   #4  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

You've been doing everything that is so good for you (the working out 30 min. 5X a week and then nice long walks on weekends) and watching your portions, congrats on getting those habits down!! but wow how frustrating to lose so little. I hope the new med helps you with no bad side effects keep us posted!
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 06:22 PM   #5  

This is a very tough question from me. I would say it balances out overall, and it's fair. I get super highs during the manic episodes, I and love it so much, and it's the complete opposite during the depression snaptube vidmate episodes.

Last edited by amelbeabk; 07-18-2021 at 06:48 AM.
amelbeabk is offline   Reply With Quote