Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 11-17-2018, 01:34 PM   #31  

Lisa, you are not alone with deciding going to the .Gym after
joining. That's the general trend. I have done the same thing many times.

You have new kittens??? Congratulations and awwwwww <3. I would love to read more about them. Details, please <3. I hope you missed the last snowstorms that hit east coast and PA. They are predicting that this current weather pattern will continue through the winter. "Teeth chattering cold". And lots of snow. maybe that's just for VT?

Coop. Great go see you post. I hear your concerns about your dad. Hopefully he can find a great way to volunteer. A way that feeds his soul and gives good meaning to his days. Glad the skin cancer is manageable. But sorry he is dealing with it.

I am on a 3 day very low sodium, carbs and calorie diet in preparation for going to my MD on Tuesday. Will be weighed and BP will be taken. Gained 3 lbs. (would be more if I had weighed first thing in the AM). lowering the sodium and quitting the high carb foods should bring the weight down. Honestly I am well within normal weight. I just do not want go show a gain. Being a maintainer is a slippery slope for me. Especially since I cut way back on eating chicken, the only form of animal protein I eat. Fish is too expendive. Mi do not eat red meat. I eat 6 oz chicken per day. Ideally I would choose vegetarian or vegan.

Hope everyone gas has a great Saturday, weekend.

Sending lots pf good wishes to all.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 09:17 AM   #32  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by flower123 View Post
. I think I am part canine, without the wagging tail, relentlessly seeking food.
this was hilarious!!!

thank you Pat for the insight about my 'hurt child' feelings. Kinda rang true! You have lots of great perceptive thoughts for us!!
Yeah how about all this snow??? we got almost a foot. And I will be a SUPER - positive person and say how glad I am for this free health and strength building workout opportunity (shoveling)
I hope you get the scale to a number you are happy with, for your appt on Tuesday!

Coop Oh gosh that darn SAD that gets us starting every November!! battle it!! My husband probably groans at the thought of the electric bill but he has every light turned on for me, plus every room has a string of pretty white lights. Sorry to hear about the forced retirement for your dad, volunteering is a great idea. Oh gosh and sorry about his skin cancer diagnosis!!! but at least not malignant.

Lisa - kittens sound adorable especially the cuddly one!! and CONGRATS on being down a size!! that is always such a great feeling. Oh and you know I am always generous that I want to send you some of our snow

Hi to Kathleen ! and PandaCupcake, where are you

Thanks for the commiserating about the son and daughter-in-law stuff, I sent her an apologetic email AND a new Friend request on FB and NO response from her, it's been a week today. I've done my part, I am NOT gonna stress about it.

So great to have weekends off like a 'normal' person!! Last week we had 7 hours overtime and my paycheck was NICE!!! this week was 'only' 3 or so hours overtime. This week coming up, we might have to bust butt for Mon Tues Wed., but we have Thanksgiving and Friday off. They won't be paid holidays for me, as a new temp, but that's okay!! I will do alot of housecleaning and then start my Christmas cookie planning. I am going to make LOTS of cookies to bring to work, I have to show them that I AM very good at something....just not assembling

Oh hey!! at work last week they had a local hospital there to do a 15 minute 'health analysis', my friend Lynn signed us both up. I was reluctant but she was all "we're still on the clock so we get paid to be away from our assembly for 15 minutes" so I agreed. I had never stepped on one of those fancy-pants scales that you hold the handle-thing and it measures EVERYTHING..muscle, fat, etc! I did show 4 pounds heavier than my home scale but I had on jeans and 2 shirts..plus my friend Lynn said hers was the same amount over. BUT I am 'normal' weight for my height now; my BMI is just on the 'normal' range; blood pressure was high but this was taken at work, and I need to do my regular cardio to get that down. My visceral fat was measured to be almost next to nothing!! AND my muscle percentage was higher than expected!! loved to hear that!!! all that damn shoveling LOL!!

Last edited by VermontMom; 11-18-2018 at 09:21 AM.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 11:42 AM   #33  

I'll post again later but I got a vet appt for Elvira on Friday. Her third nipple has changed shape. It's bigger and heavier. I called the vet immediately. Im scared.
lisaloveshearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 01:03 PM   #34  

Very quick post
Lisa, The vet will know what to do. Could you call again today and insist to speak with the vet or get an emergency apt for today or tomorrow so Elvira can get treatment asap?
Sending hugs for your heart <3

Last edited by flower123; 11-21-2018 at 06:04 PM.
Old 11-21-2018, 10:04 PM   #35  

Holly Sorry that the DIL is being so confusing. Not accepting the friend request. You have done what you knew to be right. I think you are running up against her likely strong feelings atm. Great that you have a 4 week weekend. I didnt know that officially are considered a "temp". WTG re the "health analysis" at work. You work hard for those healthy results!

I cant believe how cold it is going to be on Thanksgiving.

Lisa, how is Elvira doing?

This thanksgiving I will be home except to feed a neighbor's cat. The neighbor asked me to feed her cat while she is away. Thats okay, but the cat likes to bite. And is an escape artist. I found myself standing outside trying to coax him back into his home. I was of course only successful when the cat decided I would be.... an hour later. I still cant figure out how he did that. I am good at not letting cats get out of doors. He may be a magician. Meow

tomorrow if he does the same thing, hes on his own. I am not standing outside in windy and cold weather. Today he broke skin on my hand biting me. I LOVE animals. But this cat is challenging this long held blanket unconditional love, lol. okay, in the cats defense, after 15 minutes standing outside in the cold, I was not hiding my frustration. For me it is difficult to be responsible for someone's pet who sneaks outside and refuses to come in. She rarely lets him out. He's a house cat who perpetually longs for the great outdoors. He's a big and very male guy

This neighbor got into the habit of often asking me for various favors. Finally I had to put a stop to it because the "favors" were expected way too frequently. If we were friends, or even very neighborly it would be different. So when I finally let her know that I am not available for her various needs, she backed off. This is the first one in a number of years. So of course I said yes. Unfortunately the subject of this favor bites, barfs (which of course I am supposed to clean up) and sneaks out, lol. I would prefer to not have to stand outside and wait for a cat to decide he has had enough time being outside. especially tomorrow when it will be so windy and cold. I do think that tomorrow I will prevail. Hoping I dont find chunky barf on the floor again. I was warned this happens. Its because he is a long hair boy. Fur balls
Thank you for listening to my rant. I appreciate it.

Hoping everyone has a good thanksgiving.

Last edited by flower123; 11-21-2018 at 10:08 PM.
Old 11-22-2018, 10:17 PM   #36  
Biker Chick!

Hello friends, Happy Thanksgiving!

first, Lisa, we are thinking of Elvira and you!! you are a good doggie parent and you called the vet right away and we will be thinking of you tomorrow at the appointment and hoping and praying for good news!!!

flower well drat that barfy mean cat!! I am NOT happy to hear he broke your skin!!! does he have all his shots?!? that neighbor really oversteps to ask such of you, of such a horrid creature. I love most animals also but I would NOT love that meanie. I hope you didn't have to stand outside in this FREAKISHLY COLD weather for him!

Hi to everyone else! I hope you all had some sort of nice Thanksgiving.

Again, the absent daughter-in-law messed with our Thanksgiving plans, we were supposed to go to younger son's place (me, husband, and other son) but she decided she wanted to spend the day with him...maybe. So that of course puts his hopes up. I don't know if she even showed. We had our older son over here, my husband cooked his usual great T-giving food and we did a few Mad Libs...but we were feeling younger son's absence and thinking of him of course.

The absent daughter in law did finally accept my re-Friend request but has not responded to my nice email.

Oh hey!!! some of us are the same age. If any of you have considered getting the shingles vaccination, Shingrix, be aware that when you get the second shot, the booster, there is a large possibility of having temporary debilitating side effects. Yes , I know!! I had the booster on Sunday afternoon at a supermarket pharmacy, where I had the first shot in August. The technician definitely should have counseled me on the side effects possibility, I would have re-scheduled. But she didn't . When the needle went in it felt like it was coated with acid. I said, "wow that is stingy, the first one wasn't' and she said 'oh yes, the second one is stronger' or something dumb like that. A couple hours later I had the usual muscle soreness where the needle went in, and a few hours after that, my whole arm was sore, and I was worried about being able to do my duties at work the next day, Monday.

Monday I woke up and felt okay except for the sore arm. But as the day progressed, especially in the late afternoon, started feeling really bad. Like coming down with the flu, when every joint feels like it's burning with fire or filled with broken glass, every cell and muscle hurting. By this time I couldn't raise my arm and it was tender in the armpit and down my side too. And then the uncontrollable shaking. Like when you are going into shock, that kind of deep, whole body shaking. And this was at work! I tried so hard to 'keep it together' but realized i could not. Got a supervisor and they were concerned about me getting home safely. It's only 5 miles I told them. In the parking lot it was all I could do to put one foot in front of the other to get to my car. In town I actually stopped to consider going to the ER (we have a small hospital right in town) The only thing that kept me, was thinking of the cost, it is at least $500 out of our pocket. I decided to just go home. Drove so slowly and carefully yet 1/4 mile from home, closed my eyes for too long and jerked awake as I saw the guardrail looming. thank god I avoided it!! got to my driveway and just about careened down it. Got into the house, was able to remove boots but crawled into bed with coat, gloves, scarf still on. Just laid there concentrating on one breath at a time. Was able to get up in the night to properly undress and get a big container of crystal-lite type of drink by my bedside, I know it always helps to drink lots of liquids pretty much whatever is wrong with you. Got through the night and in the morning called my doctor, who confirmed that Shingrix does prevent shingles like 95% but a high percentage of people have to put up with some side effects, from mild to temporary debilitating. Yeah I was debilitated!!! I called out from work which erases my 3 weeks of perfect attendance for my $1/hour raise!!! I have to start at 0 again for that! But anyway I spend all day Tuesday in bed, and woke up yesterday feeling MUCH better, and by yesterday afternoon just about 100% back.

well thanks for listening to that, my captive audience

I did a huge, unintentional cleanup today our older son's room has become a dumping ground, not by ME because I don't do that sh*t. But i have been a nice quiet wifey and not nagged about it. I do know husband has been 'saving' (HOARDING) cardboard, he said he will put it on the parts of the lawn that he wants to suppress weeds. Welll, he does NOT do yard work at all, and just putting down cardboard does sh*t against weeds, I've laid down tarps and the weeds still come up! and you would not believe the amount of cardboard that was in there..dozens and dozens and DOZENS of boxes (all from amazon, from stuff he buys online) they were flattened but SO VERY MUCH. Well I went into the room to put a tray of our desserts, it is an unheated room so it is very cold but not freezing and I didn't have room in the refridgerator. I had to clear a freakin path just to get in!!!! then got so mad, just started grabbing as much of that crap and throwing it into the adjacent living room..then got my boots, snow pants, gloves, everything (it was 5 above zero outside) and started hauling it out. Then I had to cut it all down!!! to fit into our big recycling bin. I would have never done this with him in the house before...I didn't care. i am almost 58 years old and I am not gonna live with effin roomful of cardboard for something that will never get done. And it's a fire hazard!!

Well now you can at least walk into the damn room but it is still awful. Now I'm all mad again, lol. I was seriously p-o'd about it earlier and not very Thanksgiving-y feeling. Guess I should be glad I got so much out of the house in one shot. Gonna get to the rest next week after the recycling is picked up, the bin is stuffed full of cardboard now
Old 11-23-2018, 01:14 AM   #37  

Yikes Holly what a harrowing experience with the shingles vax. I am do sorry you went through those extreme and debilitating symptoms. People should be warned about possible side effects. You could have gotten into a car accident. I can only imagine what conditiin you were in to not even be able to take off your boots. You were in survival mode. Also, sorry you have to begin again at day one to get the perfect attendance raise.

Sorry the DIL was so rude. Not being definate about her thanksgiving plans. I am sorry thus all is happening to your son. Hopefully he will eventually find someone who truly appreciates him and treats him well. But the pain of going through this is so excruciating.

I did not put my hand near the cat today. I went there twice. The second time was because I questioned if I had filled his water bowl. Of course I had. realized I am a worrier to the max. I worry that I have not done something properly. Thus endangering the cat. Ugh. I am very kind with my voice to him. And I do love him. But I am not sitting with him to keep him company for a while, as his mom requests. I don't want to be bitten. She says he does it as a play going. And he doesn't bite hard. And usually that probably is true. i applied natural antibiotic healing stuff to my hand twice yesterday. I think it will be okay. No signs of toxicity. One more day of feeding that cat.

Lisa I smile so glad you have the vet appointment for Elvira on Friday. Like Holly said, you did good calling the vet as soon as you did. And yes, you are a good mom. I hope you had a good thanksgiving.

Today's thanksgiving meal was a skinless turkey thigh pan seared and cooked with Brussels sprouts. It was a perfect meal. I wanted more. But yesterday I was smart enough to not buy another package of thighs. I knew it would end badly if I bought another package. I also had a salad with low calorie feta. And ate oil free stir fry. Lots of ginger, garlic and coconut aminos. Low in calories. I made a thick whipped milk thing in the blender. Ice cubes, powdered non fat milk, strong coffee and stevia. It was SO good. I can't eat dairy often. But every once in a while I can handle it.

Hope everyone had had a good thanksgiving.

Last edited by flower123; 11-23-2018 at 01:15 AM.
Old 11-23-2018, 11:43 AM   #38  

Elviras appt is at 1030 this morning.
Old 11-24-2018, 05:26 AM   #39  

Lisa how did the get apt go? Did you get medicine for her?
Old 11-24-2018, 09:56 PM   #40  

Quote:
Lisa how did the get apt go? Did you get medicine for her?

She needs that appendage taken off but it doesn't look cancerous. The vet quoted $500 for her operation. It'll have to wait. Right now it's wrapped. She seems more comfortable.
Old 11-24-2018, 11:50 PM   #41  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaloveshearts View Post
She needs that appendage taken off but it doesn't look cancerous. The vet quoted $500 for her operation. It'll have to wait. Right now it's wrapped. She seems more comfortable.
glad it's not serious Lisa!!! I wish there was a fund to help low income people pay for surgery for their fur babies. There is a good cat fb community on Jackson Galaxy's fb page. Someone there would likely know of the closest clinic that helps fur babies of income parents. Jackson has such a big heart. The fb page is either his, or "my cat from ****" fb page, or maybe both. He knows about affordable vet clinics that charge less money but do good work. Because they want to do good for pets whose parents cannot afford a lot. And the community LOVES their cats. <3

Last edited by flower123; 11-24-2018 at 11:50 PM.
Old 11-25-2018, 10:02 AM   #42  
Biker Chick!

Lisa I'm glad Elvira is taken care of for now. wow $500 It's hard enough to come up with money for people health stuff, let alone our fur babies!!

Pat - are you done having to watch the bitey barfy neighbor cat? I hope so. Hey your Thanksgiving meal sounded so very sensible and so very good!! and how wise not to cook more than the one serving. We have a 22 pound turkey, but we do love turkey and as long as I don't stuff myself with everything else.

I have enjoyed my 4 days off so very much!!!

Did some shoveling/clearing yesterday, we didn't have snow fall but working on clearing space to make room for the next snowfall but it's good exercise and I'm not sore afterwards.

Old 11-25-2018, 08:55 PM   #43  

Holly I'm so glad you got some time off. We all need time to recoup and relax. I worry about you.

Flower jennifer was going to help me with surgery but 500 is way too much even for her. Just Elviras appointment cost me $63. I've got her hangy thing gently wrapped against her body. It doesn't seem to hurt her. I'll keep a close eye on it.

I bought an iPad the other day. It's used. I've been wanting an tablet and now I have one.

much love to all.
Old 11-25-2018, 08:59 PM   #44  

Quote:

glad it's not serious Lisa!!! I wish there was a fund to help low income people pay for surgery for their fur babies. There is a good cat fb community on Jackson Galaxy's fb page. Someone there would likely know of the closest clinic that helps fur babies of income parents. Jackson has such a big heart. The fb page is either his, or "my cat from ****" fb page, or maybe both. He knows about affordable vet clinics that charge less money but do good work. Because they want to do good for pets whose parents cannot afford a lot. And the community LOVES their cats. <3
I'll have to do some searching around the area. $500 is ridiculous. $63 is awful simply for an appt, no meds.

I'll make her as comfortable as I can.

Does anyone have their tree up yet? I don't but I went to the dollar store and goodwill for tree stuff.
Old 11-29-2018, 12:30 PM   #45  
Biker Chick!

Lisa - I hope so much there is available some veterinary care that doesn't cost so much! that IS a ridiculous amount just for a visit, no meds. Give Elvira love from all of us

Hey cool that you got a tablet!! I LOVE my Kindlefire. It is kind of deluxe, it was a birthday gift from my husband and he is extravagant but I don't mind when I benefit I can watch movies, go on the Internet, have my email, take pictures, play music, good stuff.

We got SO much snow :shock: !! almost 2 feet total from about 3 day's worth. I took pics yesterday with my Kindle, tried to come here to post, and had to go thru the process of a new password, etc. so I'll try again.

HI to everyone Lisa thank you for worrying about me I love your concern :hugs: I am good, the new job does have challenging hours (we were kept til 1:40 a.m. on Tuesday and until 2:00 a.m. last night!!! it doens't make sense to me, to have relatively unskilled people like me there so late, when I am not actively 'on the line' producing the product, just making backup items..whatever.

my new car the Subaru Impreza with the new snow tires is AWESOME in the snow!!! One less worry , driving home at 2:00 a.m. in winter!

We do not have a tree yet..i am ashamed to say I don't think we even did one last year!! If we do get a tree, it usually isn't til the middle of December.

Our younger son still isn't communcating with us, about his marriage situation . I don't blame him to not want to talk about a painful subject. Just still letting him know we support and love him. And jeez, we will still support and love the absent daughter in law, if that's what he wants