Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 08-13-2018, 11:37 PM   #16  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaloveshearts View Post
Im bleeding really hard today. I cant leave the house, I'm flooding.
lisa, do you need to call the dr? I had to do that when I was bleeding hard.

flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 11:48 PM   #17  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop27 View Post
Thanks Flower! I do have thyroid problems, I've got really early stages of Hashimotos, but my thyroid isn't affected yet so I'm not on medication. I really hope it's not a sign my thyroid is struggling, I've been on a really strict diet to control/reverse it, and would be so upset if it's all been for nothing

Is the diet the 16:8? Someone at my work did that recently, it sounds good! Hope you get on well with it
well, I get allopecia from stress. So perhaps that's what's happening. I also can get it from improper diet. Glad you are on the thyroid diet. I was on it for years. Have added in some cruciferous vegetables.

The diet is "intermittent fasting". Eat for 8 hours a day. "50% fat, 40% protein, 10% carbs". That's All I know about it. I eat way more carbs than I should for this diet. But I try to keep to the 8 hour thing. My cravings are intense. But not because of a diet. I empath. And that can sometimes be a pain in the butt. Especially since I live with depression and intense anxiety anyway. I think that many people who struggle with weight issues are empathic. Not saying anyone here is, though. I just know about moi. It's a real PITA these days, lol.

Last edited by flower123; 08-13-2018 at 11:50 PM.
Old 08-14-2018, 12:22 AM   #18  

Quote:
Originally Posted by flower123 View Post

lisa, do you need to call the dr? I had to do that when I was bleeding hard.

Im waiting on a call from an OBGYN.

I think my bleeding is finally winding down but i could spot for another week, yet.
lisaloveshearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 06:17 AM   #19  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Default hello!!!

Oh my gosh Lisa my friend i am so sorry that happened with the kittens I also have NEVER heard of hypothermia being a problem with kittens being born indoors during non-winter months!! please don't beat yourself up anymore. You are a loving person and an animal lover and we know Bluey and Sasha love you and are lucky to have you as their Mom Hope your spotting/bleeding is not a problem!!!

Coop very sorry to hear you were/are so stressed and lost a clump of hair?? thank goodness no jury duty, that's one less stress. take care of yourself my friend!!!

Panda thanks so much for being this thread's leader/starter champion great that you've been going out but don't feel weird about not ordering alcohol, lots of people don't. If you don't want to drink your calories you shouldn't congrats on your fitness regimen!! that you are so regular about it. you are an inspiration!!

flower wow this has been the summer of heat and humidity for us!! and usually the warmth would cut my appetite but i am with you, I have been craving all things, everything. Are you considering the modified fast diet? hey we all have to try things..and what once worked for us might not work at the present. I still mean to post some pics here of my 'mini farm' love that.

besides my usual working 6 days/week schedule in the summer, our Internet and land line phone have been out intermittantly (flower, it's that Consolidated Communications, all horror stories are true!) And I don't have cell service here so if we dn't have a landline, we are screwed. Our phone is back for now, but the internet just cuts out all..the...time. And yeah the heat and high humidity have just zapped me. I don't want to clean or pick up, the house is a wreck, it's a struggle for me to sit at my desk and pay bills, everything is sticky/humid (the envelopes of the return part of the bills are stuck together!! ugh!) I feel like a mess. Each week I go to the store for teh 4 hour shift, i apparently do something 'wrong' and the new boss is so condenscending and a jerk. I have been looking on Craig's list for winter job and applied to one, did not hear back
I am thankful for good health and feel sorry for folks in the country with flooding, or fires, or drought, but really want some lower humidity PLEASE
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 09:13 PM   #20  

Lisa, I am glad you called the OBGYN. did you hear back yet?

I hear ya Holly re the humidity and heat. 27 days consecutive in Burlington of temps in the 80s and 90s. Broke an all time record. PLUS the humidity. I think this year I have used my bedroom AC more than the previous 3 years combined. Having said that, yes I agree with bring very grateful we are not experiencing wildfires and floods. And my heart too goes out to those who live in the areas of fires, smoke or floods. I hope you find a great winter job. Nothing worse than working for a condesending unappreciative jerk. You deserve better than that. I hope someone from your summer job can give you a good lead for winter employment. Crazy how your internet is bad. We have comcast In So. Burlington. Reliable, but a very unethical corporation.

It seems odd to me that this intermittent diet diet is somewhat helping, considering how many carbs I am eating. I finally was able to wear my "boho" white summer skirt. It barely fit this summer so I left it on the hanger, until today. Food cravings are still fierce. But I Finally found low cal lunch and dinner that I like. Salad with low fat feta and low calorie BH farms yogurt dressing for lunch. Fat free Mexican style ground chicken over cooked vegetables for dinner. My own recipe. 300 calories and totally satisfying. Truthfully, what I really want is hot food bar foods from the grocery and health food stores. But they are way too fattening and expensive. Before my very late lunch I eat a whole bag of peanut bamba, a pound of frozen peaches and 2 od of bittersweet chocolate! I can no longer find the emocons here (using my iPad). So please imagin shocked and horrified faces here . Cravings be gone

I hope everyone is doing okay.

Last edited by flower123; 08-14-2018 at 09:22 PM.
Old 08-14-2018, 09:54 PM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by VermontMom View Post
Oh my gosh Lisa my friend i am so sorry that happened with the kittens I also have NEVER heard of hypothermia being a problem with kittens being born indoors during non-winter months!! please don't beat yourself up anymore. You are a loving person and an animal lover and we know Bluey and Sasha love you and are lucky to have you as their Mom Hope your spotting/bleeding is not a problem!

besides my usual working 6 days/week schedule in the summer, our Internet and land line phone have been out intermittantly (flower, it's that Consolidated Communications, all horror stories are true!) And I don't have cell service here so if we dn't have a landline, we are screwed. Our phone is back for now, but the internet just cuts out all..the...time. And yeah the heat and high humidity have just zapped me. I don't want to clean or pick up, the house is a wreck, it's a struggle for me to sit at my desk and pay bills, everything is sticky/humid (the envelopes of the return part of the bills are stuck together!! ugh!) I feel like a mess. Each week I go to the store for teh 4 hour shift, i apparently do something 'wrong' and the new boss is so condenscending and a jerk. I have been looking on Craig's list for winter job and applied to one, did not hear back
I am thankful for good health and feel sorry for folks in the country with flooding, or fires, or drought, but really want some lower humidity PLEASE
Hi Holly,

Im so sorry you are struggling. I wish i was there to help you. I know I could make you feel better. I was thinking about winter today. Its almost Sept and fall is my favorite time of year. Just know i am thinking of you.

I hope you continue to look for a job.
indeed. com is another place you can look for a job.

My bleeding is over. (I think) Maybe still some spotting.

Last edited by lisaloveshearts; 08-14-2018 at 10:21 PM.
Old 08-14-2018, 09:58 PM   #22  

My next paycheck I'm going to hit the local 2nd hand stores for size 22 jeans. I want to do it now before cold weather starts. I'll have a better choice of jeans to choose from now than if i would wait.

I need a new winter coat, hat, scarf and mittens, too. I brought winter boots with me, from Ohio so I dont need those.
Old 08-14-2018, 10:08 PM   #23  

Coop and Flower,

Do you both suffer from hair loss? That must be awful. I can't even imagine how painful.

I have tons of hair. I'm spoiled. My mom had a lot of hair. My Dad had a nice headfull, too. I come by it honestly.

Flower,
I have not heard back from the OBGYN yet. I'll give them a couple days.

Last edited by lisaloveshearts; 08-14-2018 at 10:32 PM.
Old 08-15-2018, 03:50 PM   #24  

Hi all
lisa, the great thing about buying winter coats at some used clothing places is they charge almost nothing for the, because they know people need to stay warm. Hope you find some good things

i finally weighed myself. Now I don't know what my clothes fit better. Because I have NOT lost weight . I am doing emotional eating. So I don't think I will be able to reduce the carb intake.
Old 08-15-2018, 10:54 PM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by flower123 View Post
Hi all
lisa, the great thing about buying winter coats at some used clothing places is they charge almost nothing for the, because they know people need to stay warm. Hope you find some good things

i finally weighed myself. Now I don't know what my clothes fit better. Because I have NOT lost weight . I am doing emotional eating. So I don't think I will be able to reduce the carb intake.

Flower,
Isnt it possible to lose inches but not weight?

I will probably get a coat online, maybe a pea coat. I want one with a belt on it.

Im done with the period from ****.

Last edited by lisaloveshearts; 08-15-2018 at 11:13 PM.
Old 08-17-2018, 07:53 PM   #26  
I can do it!!!

S/C/G: 223/165/145

Height: 5'4"

Hello Everyone! Things have improved a lot for my daughter. Thank you for your well wishes for her! She had the second part of her surgery (just an activation of the device they installed) on August 15th, and things are looking good so far!!! This could be life-changing for her!!! I am cautiously optimistic and hesitant to even write that, because it seems that every time I write something on here, things go wrong afterward. But I am refusing to be superstitious and want to give you all this good update. We have gone to her college the past two days for "Welcome Weekend." Today, after the events were over, we walked her through her schedule. Then, the disabilities lady (who has been very kind and helpful) called to say that we might have to change her schedule around due to a conflict another student has. School starts on Monday!!!!! She is supposed to try to work things out and call me back tomorrow (Saturday). I am SO hoping that my daughter can keep the schedule she has. The classes she currently has are set up very conveniently for her, especially considering her handicap. I hate last minute changes and uncertainties, so I hope we can get this resolved ASAP and in a way that keeps things convenient for my daughter.

I have done a few sporadic workouts in the past couple months. In general, I am still WAY too lazy and immobile. I do worry about the effect it is having on my body, but apparently I'm not motivated enough to do something positive about it. I do stay busy most days, but I really don't have a good excuse to not get SOME kind of exercise in during the day, except for my hip pain. My food choices haven't been great, but I haven't been overeating, which is good. Basically, I have quite a bit of room for improvement in both my diet and, especially, in my exercise. Same ol' story!

I made an appointment with a chiropractor/rehab guy for next week for my hip. Got a referral through my doctor, so I am hoping that insurance will cover it. This guy helped two of my husband's buddies with their backs and a guy who works at his office with his knee and thigh. So I am hoping he will be able to help me, too. I walk with a limp now and lean to one side when I walk to compensate for the pain in my right hip. I feel pitiful and it makes me feel very old. I am SO done with this hip pain!!!

I think I told you guys that I was having a colonoscopy and a hearing test. Colonoscopy went very well. No polyps, so I don't have to go back for 10 years! YIPPEE!!! I do have mild hearing loss in both ears; nearing moderate loss in my right ear. I tried out a hearing aide for one week and it didn't help all that much and was a pain in the butt with my glasses, too. So I turned it back in and told them I will go back in a year, as recommended. Just not ready for a hearing aide yet, but I do have to wear ear plugs at all of my concerts from now on to avoid additional hearing loss.
IBelieveInMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 08:13 PM   #27  
I can do it!!!

S/C/G: 223/165/145

Height: 5'4"

Lisa: I am so very sorry about the two kittens you lost! I totally agree with everyone else that you couldn't have possibly known about the hypothermia in the midst of summer, and you have such a big heart that you would never have allowed this to happen if you could have helped it. Please do NOT blame yourself!!! You do not deserve it!!! Sending you lots of love and many hopes and prayers that Bluey continues to grow and thrive and stays out from underneath Elvira!

Holly: I honestly cannot believe that the new owners at your winter job are rat b@st@rds, too!!!!! You deserve so much better!!! I hope and pray that you will find a place that is deserving of your hard work and wonderful personality! When does the summer job end? You still love it, right? I hope you are getting lots of motorcycle time in this summer! I know that makes you happy!

Flower: Best of luck to you with the intermittent fasting diet! It sounds like things are going well so far. Keep up the good work!

Panda: Thank you for faithfully starting our new Ups & Downs threads lately! As always, your commitment to exercise inspires me! I wish I had just half of your motivation!!!

Coop: I hope that your thyroid is okay. Have you had it checked lately? Losing a clump of hair would freak me out a bit, too. But stress could easily be the culprit, too. I am glad to know that you are in Scotland! I've always wondered. I love Ireland and Scotland!!!

Last edited by IBelieveInMe2; 08-17-2018 at 08:16 PM.
IBelieveInMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 03:05 PM   #28  

Just wanted to say hi.

Miss you Kathleen. Good to see you post.

Miss you Holly.

Miss all you ladies. Enjoy your summer.
Old 08-23-2018, 04:15 PM   #29  

I haven't felt quite like myself the past couple days. I skipped out on my therapist appt on Tues. Didn't feel like talking.

Im going today instead but I'm kinda woozy. I feel like I could sleep all afternoon.

I'm forgetting when I'm taking my meds. I know I'm taking them but then I turn around and am forgetting what time I took them. Sorry if that doesn't make sense.

I need to figure out a system.
Old 08-24-2018, 09:35 PM   #30  

I feel better today. Marking on a sheet of paper when I take a pill.

It's so nice out. 78 degrees.