Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 07-23-2018, 01:52 PM   #1  

Default Everything Sucks

Ugh. I'm sorry to start out that way, but DANG that's all I've got!

Background: about a year ago I decided to YES I AM GOING TO LOSE WEIGHT RAWR I WANT TO LOSE 100 POUNDS AND I WILL DO IT IN A YEAR.
I have bipolar disorder, heavy on the depression and PTSD with crap anxiety.
I was doing well for about 6 months, then my schedule changed, which messed up my workout schedule. I couldn't get to the gym anymore (so I tell myself), and it went down hill from there. I have been lowering my antidepressant meds because the withdrawal and sideaffects weren't great. That hasn't helped.
About 4 months ago, my transmission went out, into depression I went again because we did not have 2 grand to put into that. Got it fixed a month and a half ago.
Then July 2nd, I was in an accident and now my truck is kaputz and the insurance people are taking for freaking ever to do anything.
And now I'm just beyond blah and done and tired and I am in therapy, and talking about it helps.
I have zero, zero, zero energy and just talking myself into making the family dinner, much less going for a walk, has been dang near impossible. What can I do to help this? It's it really just get up by my bootstraps and will it into being? Because my will power right now sucks.

-_-;;;;

Thank yall.
Ceira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 09:07 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 217/185/142

Height: 5'2

Ciera, welcome to 3FatChicks. I'm so sorry to hear that you're having such a hard time. Weight loss is hard. Having medical issues like you mentioned, bipolar, PTSD, depression, just make it harder. I don't know much about these disorders, but I think it's important that you keep up with your treatments, medications, and don't make any changes without consulting your doctor.

There are a lot of good groups in the Challenge threads. People who are struggling as you are and are willing to give support. Check them out!! You should be able to find one where you fit in.

Good luck to you.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 05:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: Goal Weight: 100

Height: 5' 2"

Hi, I also have something similar to bipolar (schizoaffective) and I find it hard to motivate myself to do the right things by my health. I'd say even if you can't motivate yourself to exercise try to focus on diet. After all diet is 80 percent or so, exercise only 20. Don't beat yourself up too much as you have a real disadvantage to losing weight...I take Vraylar and have taken lithium for over 10 years...I used to be an hourglass shape and 115 pounds and then gained until I weighed 180 pounds and became an apple shape. Now I am at 165 and following a 1200 calorie diet with no exercise. I have followed this for six days and lost two pounds. I am a big proponent of the fact that you can still lose weight without exercising. Granted everyone SHOULD exercise...but if you can only do one focus on diet.
LadyBinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 02:36 PM   #4  

Hey sorry to hear about what is going on. I had this problem do to me not getting enough sleep and overworking myself. Don't worry you are not alone.
drewp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 06:13 AM   #5  

I had this problem too and now healing, you're not alone
richard123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 09:03 AM   #6  

get better soon
CastielSteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 01:47 PM   #7  

100 lbs in a year is not realistic, did you gain it in one year ?
FrankB is offline   Reply With Quote