Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 05-31-2018, 11:21 PM   #1  

S/C/G: SW:142/127.8/120

Height: 5’ 4”

Default June Ups and Downs Fighting Depression Thread

Welcome current and new posters. I’m thankful for those that pioneered this ongoing thread.
PandaCupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 05:02 PM   #2  

Thanks Panda, for setting up this month's thread! How on earth is it June?!? Well done for your big clear out!

Lisa, I hope you feel up to joining us soon please let us know how you're getting on - you're sounding so deflated just now.

Holly - boo for the flies! Do they stick around for long? Glad to hear the summer job is going well. Have you managed to get your bike back, and get out for a ride?
Coop27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 05:13 PM   #3  

I didn't do anything about my fall last weekend, it didn't seem doctor worthy, so I've just been nursing my bruises. My right forearm has a bruise down the whole length!

I'm starting to feel teary eyed a lot at the moment, I'm having a bit of a low period. It's been hot at night, I keep waking up too hot, then turning things over in my head. I think it's a vicious cycle - I'm tired because I'm stressing, but I'm stressing because I keep churning things in the night.

One plus though, I have been keeping up with my running, and I managed a whole 10 minute run, without stopping, last week
Coop27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 08:11 PM   #4  

Coop- great job on the running!
I just powered off my laptop now at 8pm- I actually powered off earlier then 2-3 times returned as I suddenly thought of more work to finish.

I just discovered one of my orchids is flowering! I have three indoor plants that I brought last year over from my previous sunny loft apartment and thought every one would die. I did buy a small violet plant and some other plant a month or two ago and they both died. I’m terrible with plants but buy fresh flowers each week and wish I had better conditions here- my three plants are at my kitchen window.
All of you with your gardens are blessed!
We did get a new front lawn though.
Old 06-02-2018, 12:17 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop27 View Post
Thanks Panda, for setting up this month's thread! How on earth is it June?!? Well done for your big clear out!

Lisa, I hope you feel up to joining us soon please let us know how you're getting on - you're sounding so deflated just now.

Holly - boo for the flies! Do they stick around for long? Glad to hear the summer job is going well. Have you managed to get your bike back, and get out for a ride?
HI Coop,

Thank you for worrying about me. There are just some days I just don't feel like talking. I even put my journal away on the book shelf.

I ran errands today, paid bills mostly.

I saw an ortho surgeon today. He's taking over my case. I didn't like the last guy so Dr Stanfield said he'd start looking after me. We had a good talk and he shot cortisone in my right knee. Let's hope it works wonders.

I need to lose 35 more lbs to make it safer for me to have surgery. Gotta get my BMI down. He also brought up weight loss surgery. I'm not really thinking ahead that much. I'm kinda just thinking about tomorrow.

Gonna go to Goodwill tomorrow. Nothing like second hand shopping.

Night all.

Last edited by lisaloveshearts; 06-02-2018 at 12:19 AM.
lisaloveshearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 02:33 PM   #6  

Been a while since I have been here. I have been here a couple of times to read. Will start where I left off in May. But some of the responses will be to old news

Panda thank you for starting the June thread. you wrote " barre, hit intensity training and some other cardio" I bow to you. OMG I could not imagine high intensity training. Some cardio, yes. Barre, yes. I really admire you doing this. Sorry that your old group of friends gossip and do not have the kind of manners that you want to see in friends. No wonder you are looking for a new group of friends. I hope you can soon find friends who are coming from a different place... kinder in general. I hope that you have by now cleared the clutter of the old clothing purge. Good for you that you are getting rid of the things you are not using. Congratulations on your orchid plant beginning to bloom again. Keeping certain house plants alive can be daunting. I tend to have ones that easily thrive.

Coop, I am sorry you blacked out last weekend. And sorry to read in the update that your arm is still quite bruised. I hope things heal more quickly this coming week. Great re: the running. I am totally in honor of that! Sorry to read that you too are stressing. Sounds like the pesky mind is in overdrive. I hope you are having cooler weather today.

Holly, your garden sounds AWESOME. I really do want to see photos. Gardening is the best ever work. Being with all those living plants. Working in the soil. Breathing in all that great garden air. Glad the new chef, and your co-workers are in honor and recognition of who you are. You deserve to be respected in the workplace! Ouch, re the black flies. I found a couple of natural repellent recipes for them if you want one. https://www.greenmoxie.com/natural-b...ly-repellants/ I hear ya re: summer bliss. I think many here love summer more because its so short. Although there are many more who prefer cold weather.

Lisa, I understand "not feeling like posting". I often get into those places. I hope today is a good one for you. I have said it before and will repeat for current info, many people are having a difficult time. Seems a lot is coming up for many. Please let me know if there is any way I can help. And believe me I am no stranger to challenge (to put it politely), for sure.

Today the air is less humid. The temperature lower. The past two nights I put the standing fan very close to my pillow. It allowed me to sleep as well as i can these days. I don't mind hot and humid weather during the day. But when I sleep, that's a different story. I loved that it rained last night. Gardens and farms needed the rain. Maybe today I will plant the sunflower seeds... and hope the woodchuck doesn't eat the plants. If they do, then I hope they enjoy them. Its all okay either way.

yesterday I gad a crazy eating day I kept going to the store to buy more food. Its like I could not get enough carbs. I am certain I was feeding my emotions. But it was all too fattening. I am not getting on the scale today. I need to go to Costco to get spring salad mix for the coming week. I do not know how I am going to be able to stay on plan today. Some days the food monster just takes over screaming FOOD NOW.. MORE... ASAP. lol. And I relent. I wish there was a summer camp where I can send my food monster. I am ready for a break from that pesky . On Friday the 8th, I need to be down 2 lbs from yesterday morning's weight.... before I relented to the food monster.

Hoping everyone has a great late spring day <3

Last edited by flower123; 06-02-2018 at 02:40 PM.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 04:30 PM   #7  

Flower- I kept eating yesterday as well - I just kept wanting to eat something but everything was disappointing. I just realized it’s 4:30 and I haven’t eaten today. I’m not hungry though.

Last night I canceled today’s workouts. I slept in and am doing a lot of loads of laundry because I washed my pillows, curtains, blankets, etc.

Yesterday my neighbor asked about the weekend - we may get together on Sunday. It’s very up in the air so maybe 40% chance I’d guess.
Tonight I’m actually headed out to a social event to meet new people. I’m not sure how it will go, seems disorganized but I made up my mind to go regardless.
Update: Over 20 people rsvp’d to this thing- guess who showed up? Me. Just me. And no one even posted they were running late, changed their mind, or any comment at all.

Last edited by PandaCupcake; 06-02-2018 at 10:58 PM.
Old 06-03-2018, 12:32 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaCupcake View Post

Update: Over 20 people rsvp’d to this thing- guess who showed up? Me. Just me. And no one even posted they were running late, changed their mind, or any comment at all.
Panda, that's horrible! So you were the only person? There was no host or facilitator? Just you? I am REALLY sorry. Some people can be quite irresponsible

Today I ate a lot of samples at Costco and the grocery store. Other than that I was okay with calories. But I am craving something sweet. It's fortunate I have nothing sweet in the house that I can eat. No eggs to bake something. No chocolate or cocoa powder. I purposefully keep eggs away from my home.

Update: I found hot mango chutney in the refrigerator. A bit spicy. But great straight out of the jar. That led to curried carrot soup with coconut milk. I try to not use my curry paste because it's loaded with oil. But this was an emergency.

Hope everyone has a good Sunday

Last edited by flower123; 06-03-2018 at 01:02 AM.
Old 06-03-2018, 11:13 AM   #9  

Yes, there was no host or facilitator just me.
It’s frustrating.

Anyway happy Sunday to all
Old 06-03-2018, 04:33 PM   #10  

Quote:
It’s frustrating.

Ouch. I am really sorry you reached out and no one showed
Old 06-03-2018, 05:58 PM   #11  

Quote:
It’s frustrating.

Dont give up, panda. Keep finding ways to make new friends and socialize.
Old 06-03-2018, 06:00 PM   #12  

Flower,

We do miss you but are so happy to see you, when you do post.
Old 06-03-2018, 06:05 PM   #13  

I've got a rash underneath my boobs. Probably from heat or sweat. I need a new bra so bad.

I put flea medicine on elvira and her itching has improved. That makes me feel so much better. I've been combing the kitties with a nit comb. It makes me feel like **** when they are uncomfortable.

I bought 1 pair of capris and 1 shirt at St vincent DePaul. I also bought 2 books.
Is it sorry that I have to second hand shop for all my things?

Last edited by lisaloveshearts; 06-03-2018 at 06:06 PM.
Old 06-03-2018, 09:39 PM   #14  

Hi all,

I felt blah all weekend- cancelled my workouts to sleep in. Today I ironed a lot of clothing and cleaned and bought groceries.
My neighbor is moving soon- she’s going to have roommates so she can pay less rent. I wonder who will move in.

I have to go to my parents this coming weekend but trying not to think about it.

Last edited by PandaCupcake; 06-03-2018 at 10:43 PM.
Old 06-04-2018, 11:00 AM   #15  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/143/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hello friends!! thank you PandaCupcake for starting the June thread and for YOU to be a great contributor and friend with us!

PandaC, that SUCKED that no one else showed up at that event! sheesh. Hey maybe the new neighbor will be an 'interesting' (in the good way) person! there's always hope right Wow and yeah for your cleaning out, and cleaning up! (washing curtains, pillows, etc) But that is such a great feeling of accomplishment isn't it. And yay for the orchid blooming, nice!

Coop - oh I am so sorry you are not sleeping well, and stressing Each one will make the other worse! hope that is easing up a bit. But hurrah on your running!! I could maybe run from a bear for about 5 seconds before playing dead Yes my beloved bike has been back with me and a new front tire and I'm riding as much as I can

Lisa - so sorry to hear you don't feel like talking much but we are here for you!! Hey I LOVE shopping at Goodwill, too bad ours is almost 50 miles away. First, I love that the price is right. Second, I love that it is 'recycling, reusing' . Yay for you for taking care of the fur babies' itchy problem, they love you for that And I hope the new doctor is good for you.
and that the cortisone shot gave you some relief.

Flower - You made me LOL at sending the hunger monster to camp! I imagined him all decked out in his khaki shorts, backpack and a sad look on his hungry face Some days we are So very hungry! I tell myself that I will just make up for it on the days I can do without. I also can't keep things like chocolate chips in the house, i eat them in a weak moment.

Yes gardening is the best!! I love the indominable will of plants, except I wish the burdocks were not so bent to survive, ugh, lol. I hear ya on spending LOTS of money on annuals and planters and soil..wow it is easy to go crazy. I thought I was done with buying, and we saved alot by starting things from seed, but I want some color NOW. Got just a couple six packs yesterday of neon pink petunias, white petunias, and some adorable pansies. Got them in pots and planters last night, with only a few black fly bites (and thank you for the tip on the repellent!) And today the newly potted plants are getting nicely watered, all day long Husband is working on the long single row of corn and sunflowers. I have been slowly getting all the pumpkin, squash and gourd seedlings in the ground. Also made a pact with myself, as I walk around and dig up a dandelion, I dig up a mint sprig and transplant that in the hole. I love how mint spreads and I take it to work every day for garnish. Wow i love to talk plants

Monica we always think of you here and hope all is well!! is the remodeling done?

I have been working in the dining room as waitstaff a couple nights a week, along with baking in the day, because we are short handed until we get the 5 Slovakians at the end of the month. It makes for a long day, and the trays can be heavy, but I like the money. Especially that I need to make an appt for my car for something kinda major (wheel bearings)

I have today off, and it is a rainy day, that is OK because I did all the yard work yesterday after work, and we need the rain, and it forces me to do inside stuff like pay bills and prepare for our monthly motorcycle org. meeting on Wednesday.

I hope everyone has a good day with no sad thoughts!
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote