Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 08-02-2017, 08:46 PM   #1  

Default Just sad

I'll be 31 next month. I'm single. I'm in more debt than I can manage. I don't feel I have a career path. I'm 30 lbs overweight. I hate having to go to work because I take public transportation and people can see me. I eat to feel better but then I only end up feeling worse. Maybe today is just a bad day. I don't want to feel like this but I don't feel motivated anymore to change. I'm just tired.
Brighterday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 09:27 PM   #2  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Welcome to 3FC, Brighterday -

Posting here is a great start to changing what you want to change in your life.

Look around at the different threads and find a group that sounds like you'd fit. 30 somethings and Chicks up for a Challenge are two of many possibilites.

Good luck on your new journey.
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 11:52 PM   #3  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Good luck! I get the feeling of being overwhelmed by the negatives. If you can, just find one thing to work on. One small manageable step in the right direction. Work on that. It can make everything else seem less daunting.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 12:57 PM   #4  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brighterday View Post
I'll be 31 next month. I'm single. I'm in more debt than I can manage. I don't feel I have a career path. I'm 30 lbs overweight. I hate having to go to work because I take public transportation and people can see me. I eat to feel better but then I only end up feeling worse. Maybe today is just a bad day. I don't want to feel like this but I don't feel motivated anymore to change. I'm just tired.
Welcome!
As my mom says, "this, too, shall pass." And it's not to be trite. I was in a VERY similar situation at your age, and in fact my weight got much worse (I ultimately was 90 lbs overweight). But you're here and that shows you're willing to take steps to change and that's the most important part! Motivation can be tough, I understand. Make a plan, and stick with it, whether it's to pay down your debt or to lose weight. Read other people's success stories (I always find those so motivating!). Subscribe to blogs, read social networking posts, etc. that uplift you and motivate you. I try to keep myself surrounded my positive messages so I don't become discouraged.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 01:06 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 230

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brighterday View Post
You just gotta keep going.
It's literally never tho late just keep going.
Hopefulfatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote