Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 04-24-2017, 05:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'4 with Cuban curves!

Default Cant see through the fog

Hello all,

I'm new to this part of the forum, but not so new to issues with depression and anxiety. Right now I just wanted your input, and also I guess to not feel so alone.

I've been slowly working on losing baby weight for over a year now, but I keep hitting snags whenever I get depressed, or angry. I've had a very stressful year, and lately my husband's job has been so demanding he is almost never home. I feel isolated and distant from him, and just very alone and sad often (other times this changes from sadness to anger, when I feEl more like a single mom). I'm not really sure how to deal with my feelings. My knee jerk reaction is to eat them, but I hate that I do that, it's not what I really want.

On top of all that I just don't feel great about my marriage. My husband is looking for another job which I'm sure would help a lot, but I feel like it's more than just that. I'm unhappy, and my husband is extremely un happy as well (mostly with work) sometimes I just don't recognize either of us at all. Sometimes I feel like things are fine, and then I have moments like now when I feel like everything is wrong.

I guess I'm just looking for someone else who understands what I'm going through and can help. Thanks for reading.
Claygirl1518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 06:48 PM   #2  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

Hi, Claygirl. I can understand. The past year has been super stressful for me- last year in January my father-in-law began his slow decline into terminal dementia and my husband had to move in with his parents temporarily (a few months) to help and I got very lonely and depressed not having him around. Then I got sick with an undiagnosed illness (got diagnosed finally in October), then my Uncle died, then my FIL died, then my dad died, we're also in the process of building a house so that my MIL can move in with us. Stress sucks, and not having your husband around can be really tough.

I hope he finds a good new job, because that will undoubtedly help.

What I did to get through the loneliness and stress was get involved with an all-ladies hiking group I found on Meetup. I also get some socializing at church. Can you find some groups where you have some similar interests and get out and socialize? Maybe a group of moms with young children to go stroller-walking or something?

PS- I love your description about being 5'4" with Cuban curves!
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 01:09 PM   #3  

I don't like to understand me on wrong way, but sometimes having an affair can be so relaxing and healthy if you understand what I mean
chicken27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 01:19 PM   #4  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicken27 View Post
I don't like to understand me on wrong way, but sometimes having an affair can be so relaxing and healthy if you understand what I mean
Which part is relaxing? The guilt? Living in fear of being caught? Actually getting caught and damaging the trust between you and your spouse? Or the pending divorce? The destruction of your finances? The impact on the kids? I don't think there's anything healthy or relaxing about cheating. If you don't want to be married, don't get married.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote