Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 12-24-2013, 08:13 PM   #16  
Ija
Extra gluten

S/C/G: 286/135/135

Seagirl, being home alone around the holidays is tough. I find that I need to have something on, the TV, or itunes, anything... because the silence becomes too much. This year it's even harder because I can't go home to be with my family (I'm finishing a research study that wouldn't be done in time unless I worked every day through January), and most of my friends have left the area for the holidays, so the alone-ness is even more than I'm used to.

The house is empty, but I'm hanging in there with lots of yoga and funny TV shows, maybe a bit more wine than I should, but things are okay so far. There's also 3FC!

Merry Christmas, have a great time with your family!
Ija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 06:01 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 345/see tracker/200

Height: 5'7"

I'm glad I found this thread because this Christmas has been the hardest of my life. This is my first Christmas with depression and it was really bad. Aside from being single which is always tough during the holidays, my family is pretty dysfunctional and not supportive at all. I don't have a relationship with my mother and the rest of my family couldn't care less about me. It all became too much as I sat there and watched everyone open presents around (apparently this year no one thought to buy me a Christmas present) so I left. It's really not about receiving presents-it just would have been nice to have felt cared about on the Christmas. I have never felt more alone in my life than I do right now.
NYFLAgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 05:03 PM   #18  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

Hang in there, NYFLAgirl... That's awful what your family does to you with the presents for everyone else and not you. Man, I really feel for you.

Maybe you'd like to join us on the December Ups & Downs Support thread: it will be ongoing, with a new thread each month. There are some very supportive people in the group. Come on in and introduce yourself!
Fiona W is offline   Reply With Quote