Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 09-24-2013, 05:56 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 229/see ticker/135

Height: 62 inches

Default Depression Has Reared It's Ugly Head And...

I can't even find the motivation to work out. I was doing sooo well. Now, I just want to sit and watch tv.

I have worked so hard and have lost 56 pounds. I should be happy. But yet I look in the mirror and still see 229 pounds instead of 173 pounds.

I have sooo many physical things "wrong" with me that I can't find a single thing right. The past 2 days have been incredibly low for me.

I don't want to lose my momentum or worse gain back any weight. But I just can't get myself going.
RavenWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:46 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 69kg/65/60

Height: 5ft

On days when I feel like this I do short bursts of exercise throughout the day. Eg, I'll get on the ab circle pro and do ten minutes, then later on in the day I'll go on the exercise bike for ten minutes. Some days all I can manage is fifteen minutes total on the ab circle pro, but at least it's something. Walking is one of my least favourite exercises, so if I had to get up, get my shoes on and go walking I'd rather sit and watch tv. Do you like gardening? If you get out weeding for half an hour you can count that as incidental exercise as well.
happybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:04 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 300/225/150

Height: 5'4

Thumbs up That time of year

I feel for you RavenWolf.
One of my triggers is the colder weather and winter starting and the loss of daylight, our temps dropped yesterday and the cold set me off. I woke up feeling so bad, thought I wasn't going to make it to work. I took extra vitamins and on my lunch break I went outside and sat in the direct sunlight for 20 mins. It did help, but I am dreading this winter as I have been moved out of an office I had for many years that had a huge window and plenty of light thru the winters. I am now in a dark cubicle in a room with no windows. I was moved last fall and had the worst winter I have had in 13 years. I almost lost my job because I would get so depressed I couldn't function. I also work long hours and usually it is dark when I drive to work and dark when I drive home. My large office window was the only thing that kept me from going over the edge. I am trying to convince my self that my new commitment to losing weight and getting healthier is going to keep my going, I have also gave up alcohol so hoping that will help too since that usually just makes one more depressed. You have come along way in your weight loss, I admire that you have stuck with it. Don't let that nasty darkness win.
Catgoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:16 AM   #4  
Started IP May 17, 2013

S/C/G: 287/179/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Beaming love and light to you, RavenWolf.

Reach for the light. Keep reaching for the light. These are passing clouds. Keep reaching for the light.
Annik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:38 AM   #5  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

I totally hate this time of year!

Going to the gym tomorrow and pick things up and put them down!

Throw the med ball too!
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 06:02 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 229/see ticker/135

Height: 62 inches

Honestly, it's bad enough that I am actually considering admitting myself. If I don't start snapping out of this, I will be going in on Friday. It's really bad.
RavenWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 10:32 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 300/225/150

Height: 5'4

Only you know yourself, don't hesitate to do what you need to do if it doesn't lift.
Hang on.

Last edited by Catgoyle; 09-25-2013 at 10:33 PM.
Catgoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:03 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 147/147/135 HW - 190

Height: 5'6"

Hang in there! Things always turn around When I'm feeling too depressed to make it to the gym and do a workout I try and take a good walk, it helps my mood and helps me to get a little exercise in.
LisaTcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 07:05 PM   #9  

Hi, here's something I stumbled upon years ago. It was Christmas and the tree was overly full of lights. I found I felt good looking at the lights. So, I filled a brown paper bag full of Christmas lights and literally put my face inside the bag. Wow,. it felt great! You can do this at work, give it a try I am praying it helps you, too!
Cyndygail is offline   Reply With Quote