Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 07-15-2015, 12:30 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 307/293/165

Height: 5'4"

Default I love Wellbutrin

Hi all-

So I started taking this med 1 week ago today. I have dropped 7 pounds, simply because I am not focused on binge eating. My energy is through the roof, however, I am not sleeping well at all. Maybe 3/4 hours a night if I am lucky. I have celexa which makes me sleepy, but I am afraid that it will counteract the effects of the wellbutrin. Taking this med has just reinforced, for me, my opinion that (for most people), being overweight is an emotional, mental, psychological issue. I have tried every diet under the sun, and I have been dieting since my size 2 mother put me on a diet at the age of 5. None of them worked, because they only worked on the physical component of my eating. This med has not really stopped my appetite, but has helped me to control the overwhelming compulsion I had to eat everything in sight, especially when I may be faced with stress or anxiety.

Good luck everyone
julie1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 10:13 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 178/172/100

Height: 4'11

I've actually been on Wellbutrin for a while but I've never had that effect really. Or lately. I was on a Quentapetamine for sleep and that literally makes you into a carb monster, which is probably how I gained all this weight in the first place.

Motivation to take my meds? I think so. I'll have to see about this... It's very interesting that I've been on this for so long and never known about this effect...
howyoulose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 12:34 PM   #18  

Height: 5' 7"

Default PM Slump?

Hi everyone,

Julie, what dosage are you taking and what time do you take it? I am finding that I am fine all day, not much of an appetite but around 8PM I want to eat things I normally would not eat. I have never been a binge eater, more a lazy eater and since starting Well. I have lost 15 lbs. I am going to try taking it later in the day and I am going to ask my MD if I can divide my dose into three doses to even things out. I am taking 300 xl which is the extended but I was on 150 SR twice a day.

I am sorry you can't sleep, that must be awful.

Thanks
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 01:27 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 190/190/140

Height: 5'5

How long did it take for you to see any weight loss?
missrohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 09:50 AM   #20  

Unhappy depressed again and always

I was on wellbutrin for a very long time. after a series of life changing events, I stupidly stopped medication- just felt so frustrated with life and all of it and didnt want to take medication anymore. that was about a month ago. now i am feeling depressed, unmotivated and needing to be back on my meds. my weight has gone up and i am bloated, not motivated to work out, and feel terrible. i am hoping the 2nd time around on wellbutrin will give me some success like it did with the first time around. problem is the first time i was on the medication, i was also on adderral. this time, no adderral. anyone have any experience with weight loss on wellbutrin alone. i am on 200 mg sr two times a day.
shoegirl3377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 07:14 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 218/200.6/140

Height: 5.3

I have been on it for about 3 weeks, only 150 per day until I go back for my follow up in 2 weeks. A few days ago I started having some abdominal pain and dizziness. I read that this could be side effects, and I was wondering if any of you have experienced this and if it goes away. If it's still bothering me in a few days I will call my Dr., I am not using this for forum for medical advice, I am just curious.
On the weight loss side, I have lost about 7 lbs since starting Wellbutrin, but I think it is because I am feeling more positive about things and am sticking to my exercise routine and diet.
Summersweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 08:26 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 218/200.6/140

Height: 5.3

Thanks for your quick reply. I feel much better today, and when I went into work there were 33 people out with a stomach virus. So I wonder if my problems were a less severe form of whatever is going around at my job. I guess if it happens again I will talk to my doctor.
Summersweety is offline   Reply With Quote