Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 07-26-2012, 06:51 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 179/172/150

Height: 5'4"

If I posted whenever I wanted to snack, after 7:00PM it would be every 10 minutes!! Wish I had a mantra or something that would really take those cravings away.

All evening I wait till DH goes in to shower so that I can grab something quickly! If I snack in front of him, he will either frown if he's feeling strong or start snacking himself if he's tired or feeling down himself. Which really is worse, because he needs to lose too.

Rose Centered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:54 AM   #62  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

Hello ladies! A quick check in and - I went for my tests yesterday. I should have my results back tomorrow or early next week. I am still struggling to get back on the wagon. I am working out but my dietary motivation is awful!!!

I'll come back in a little later today to chat a bit more. to our new people!

Last edited by grneyedmustang; 07-26-2012 at 05:11 PM.
grneyedmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:54 AM   #63  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Rose, I hear you on snacking at night. I could graze all evening, before and after dinner. It's crazy how much I can eat and one thing leads to another.

It's down to me and one other person for the job that I interviewed for. Tomorrow I meet again with the guy who would be my manager and then have lunch with 3 people who would be my colleagues. I'm kinda nervous in a way just because I know that they all have to like me more than the other person. The feedback from the recruiter was that I needed to have more energy and be more excited about the position. It's hard to pull out a bubbly, positive personality out of somebody who is really down and dislikes themselves most of the time. Tomorrow I will have to be who I would like to be rather than who I am. Wish me luck. My bills depend on me pulling it off.
hope4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 05:00 PM   #64  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hope4me View Post
Rose, I hear you on snacking at night. I could graze all evening, before and after dinner. It's crazy how much I can eat and one thing leads to another.

It's down to me and one other person for the job that I interviewed for. Tomorrow I meet again with the guy who would be my manager and then have lunch with 3 people who would be my colleagues. I'm kinda nervous in a way just because I know that they all have to like me more than the other person. The feedback from the recruiter was that I needed to have more energy and be more excited about the position. It's hard to pull out a bubbly, positive personality out of somebody who is really down and dislikes themselves most of the time. Tomorrow I will have to be who I would like to be rather than who I am. Wish me luck. My bills depend on me pulling it off.
Hope ~ I know just how you feel about trying to be perky when you're feeling anything but.

What time is your interview? I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, and I know that our other "July Chat" friends will be too.

Don't forget that a lot of people find you talented and caring, and I'm sure that these folks will realize this when they meet you.

And remember, if things don't work out, it's because God's got another plan for you! (That's what I tell my daughters, and I don't think they believe me. )

Old 07-26-2012, 06:42 PM   #65  

Hey everyone! Rose, my plan to post everytime I felt a craving isn't happening as planned...munching on a freezer pop as I'm typing...but hey, I can think of 101 other THINGS I'd rather munch on and these are fat free. Besides, it's 200 degrees outside and I just got back from an hour drive and the air conditioner went out on the car. If it's possible to lose weight by simply sweating, I'm good for the day! :-)

I'm also trying not to eat around DH. He's also trying to lose and is in the 6 month diet required by insurance before a gastric sleeve. He's lost 16 and has to lose about 20 more in the next three months. I've considered going for surgery also but I'm kinda chicken. I think I'd freak out when they would try to sedate me. he's also taking phentermine to loseS

Speaking of phentermine, I can't take it because I'm using zoloft BUT the harmacist said I could take Alli or the perscription strenth Alli, which is called something else but is like two Alli pills at once. My MIL said it made her...sorry for lack of better way of putting it.....grease the toilet from the fats in food. Does anyone have experience with Alli or the same in perscription strength with the use of Zoloft?

Hope, good luck on the pre-job hurdles. It's hard to try to be someone your not but I understand because I have to do the same. It's such a relief to be finished working and can relax and be whatever mood your in without trying to impress people.
tnhomeschoolmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:07 PM   #66  
on a journey

Hello everyone. Lots of posts since my last visit.

I had a bit of a meltdown today. I let my anxiety get to me. I just wanted to curl up on the couch and not go to my second job. Even after I went, I just felt so overwhelmed. It was awful. When I got home, I had to have a serious talk with myself and do some serious positive self talk.

I tend get overwhelmed easily and I know my limits. Today, I only worked for 2 hours, even though I should have worked longer. Tomorrow, I will tackle work for a couple of more hours, hopefully, making a dent in the job at hand.

The good thing is my eating has been wonderful. I haven't felt the need to over eat. I have been eating sensibly. I think I've got so much going on in my life that I don't have time to think too much about food.

It's great to see you all and I'm sorry I haven't been in sooner to read your posts.

Last edited by Lisa_C; 07-26-2012 at 10:10 PM.
Lisa_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 06:16 AM   #67  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

a quick pop in from me to say Hi and we are thinking of you today, hope!!!! best wishes and luck to you!

Last edited by VermontMom; 07-27-2012 at 06:17 AM.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 07:57 AM   #68  
Trying.....

S/C/G: 248/ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Angry

So I literally think I have had the worst 7-10 days I have ever had.

1. My boss and I got into it and that was rough. Hopefully though we got it all ironed out.

2. I found out that it would be very difficult, if not impossible, for me to have a baby either through Artificial Insemination or naturally. In Vitro was recommended but I can not afford the cost.

3. I got sick last week from not sleeping I'm sure.

4. I cut my thumb bad enough that I had to go get stitches. This also caused me to not get my cooking done because of the inability to grip things as well as the fact I don't want to try to cut anymore veggies (mom came over the other day and finished cutting my veggies for me so it's back on).

5. I broke one of molars and had to get a crown which promptly came off that same day so I had to go back to the dentist to get it put back on.

6. I am back to not sleeping. Ahhh the viciousness of working graveyard shift.

My diet last week was good and I actually lost 6 pounds. However because I am an emotional eater I think I've gained it back . Hopefully not all 6 pounds though. I'm not obsessive about weighing because it just makes me mad so I will have to wait until Sunday morning to find out.

Thanks for listening. I just wanted to/needed to vent.

Last edited by brvsfan99; 07-27-2012 at 09:44 AM. Reason: Forgot to add an issue
brvsfan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 08:47 AM   #69  
Starting Again

Thanks everybody!! My interview starts at 10:45 and then I have lunch with them at 11:30-1pm. I'll let you know how it goes...
Old 07-27-2012, 12:09 PM   #70  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 196/ticker/140

Hello my Peeps! OMG! I am sooo happy to see you here Mom! What a trip you have been on! I love Washington, but I know how hard it is to move and try to meet new people and everything I hope you find some really cool people really soon We have missed you around here very much! Thanks for the comment, I have to have a lot of energy right now or I would never survive! My job is insane, and is only getting more so I am working at a golf course, I do beer cart/snack shack and lately I have been getting plenty of time in the Pro Shop behind the counter as well Now, you have to keep in mind that I dont know anything about golf and haven't worked an out of the house job (except for dogwalking) so I am losing my mind! However, my boss and co-workers are amazing so that is why I always sound a little bit like I am on speed! I am not I promise! There has been so much going on, on Tues I worked my first tournament, aside from the sheer number of cash you have to handle and I closed....the phone WOULD NOT STOP RINGING!!!! And yesterday I had my usual Thurs group that I was trying to do normal beer cart when the soda/beer refrigerator CRAPPED OUT!!!!! Ugh!!!! Luckily I had and awesome marshal (that is a little sweet on me) that helped me move all the stuff out of that into another fridge....oh and then get my butt back to the pro shop to finish up my shift behind the counter!!! Yeah....lots of insanity!!! Today I finally get a day off but I need to finish up my homework and get some stuff done around here

Holly!! OMG!!! How freakin hot are you????!!!! Amazing picture Dude!!!!
Hope!!! Nail it Sweetie!!! We are all behind you!!!
Everyone, I am sorry but I have to get busy so.....love love love ya!!! :-)

Raven
Ravengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 12:17 AM   #71  
Starting Again

Well guys I think that it went pretty well. I first met with the person that the manager reports to. He is the head of the entire department. I feel like that went well. We had a good conversation about my sales background in financial services. After that I met with the guy who I would report to. I had already interviewed with him so he said that he just wanted to get to know me a little better. I know that he was trying to see if he could make a connection with me b/c I would be responsible for making good connections and building relationships with the agencies we work with. It felt ok but I feel like he is just thinking that something is missing. I can't put my finger on it but I sense a small degree of doubt from him.

After that was lunch with 3 people who would be my equals/colleagues. I had a good time with them and felt like we connected really well. I hope that's what they told the manager anyway.

Anyway, that's all boring I know but thanks for listening. I think that I should hear something next week.

I will try to do personals soon. There is a lot here to comment on. I'm not trying to ignore anyone. Big to those who need them.

Last edited by hope4me; 07-28-2012 at 12:19 AM.
Old 07-28-2012, 05:43 AM   #72  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hope, I think it sounds like it went very well!! continued vibes to you, I want so much to hear an huge "yippee!" - type post from you when you get confirmation of an acceptance!

Raven - LOL @ "I'm not on speed" I think it's so kewl that you were plunked into a position about a pasttime you don't know about but you are working your butt off and have amazing co-workers! sorry to hear of the crapped out cart but you got rescued

brvs - oh my gosh..i agree, those were terrible events all strung together!! I hope things are better now!

and :welcome to tnhomeschool!

so many other posts...no time now to respond to all but HI to everyone!! isnt' this a nice big group now
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 07:59 AM   #73  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hope4me View Post
Well guys I think that it went pretty well. I first met with the person that the manager reports to. He is the head of the entire department. I feel like that went well. We had a good conversation about my sales background in financial services. After that I met with the guy who I would report to. I had already interviewed with him so he said that he just wanted to get to know me a little better. I know that he was trying to see if he could make a connection with me b/c I would be responsible for making good connections and building relationships with the agencies we work with. It felt ok but I feel like he is just thinking that something is missing. I can't put my finger on it but I sense a small degree of doubt from him.

After that was lunch with 3 people who would be my equals/colleagues. I had a good time with them and felt like we connected really well. I hope that's what they told the manager anyway.

Anyway, that's all boring I know but thanks for listening. I think that I should hear something next week.

I will try to do personals soon. There is a lot here to comment on. I'm not trying to ignore anyone. Big to those who need them.
Hope ~ So glad to hear your interview(s) went well. We're really pulling for you. Isn't waiting the hardest part?!
Old 07-28-2012, 02:31 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 128.5/128.5/113

Height: 5ft 2

Hi everyone! Sorry, but would it be alright if joined this wonderful thread? If you've got room for another person?
Rose Elizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 10:41 PM   #75  
Starting Again

Hi Rose and welcome. Please do join us! Tell us about yourself.

Ohio, how is the anxiety?

Brvsfan, what a bad week! I hope the weekend is going much better for you.

Tomorrow I work my part time job. Whine, whine, lol. I would love to give it up if I get the other job.