Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 04-29-2012, 10:08 AM   #1  

Height: 5'3 & 1/2

Default One year coming up..but not happy :(

Hey all so im feeling kinda depressed today about my weight loss journey. On May 1st it will be a year since I started this crazy roller coaster. & although i know i've come SO far since then I feel like i should be at my goal, or more closer to it at least. In august i hit 175! I saw this for a week and it was gone..(i never changed my stats) lol From August to Feb 1st i ate so much food and didnt do much exercising and really just didn't give a fck! I don't know why i did this or what happened...i stayed in the 180s for a couple months then in December i saw 190s then finally at the end of Jan i saw 200 and i will NEVER be in the 200s again so I re-started my weight loss Feb. 1st & i lost like 5lbs real fast so my true weight was probably like 195lbs so i re-gained about 20lbs!!..its been three months & im doing really good and im really happy about how my bodys looking & everythings going. I only weigh myself once a month, on the 1st so last time i weighed myself i was 179lbs and we will see on tuesday what i am now!! but even though I've got back on track and re lost the weight i gained and hopefully am lower then 175! I feel like i should atleast be in the 140s..why did i have to give up for six months?? I could've been so much closer..god its BEEN A YEAR and i just feel like a total fool for doing what i did for those months and im scared it could happen again any time, that i just decide for NO reason to give up. I mean nothing happened in August, i just got lazy and didnt care anymore...well anyways thanks for reading yall. I just want to be happy about my one year coming up on Tuesday and not be all sad because im not as far as i thought i would be

ALSO i plan on finally changing my stats on the side FINALLY on the 1st when i weigh myself..that 175 has been there forever! lol

Last edited by PrincessAmy; 04-29-2012 at 10:10 AM.
PrincessAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 11:00 AM   #2  

You can't change what you did in the past. Let it go and chalk it up as a bad learning experience. You can only go forward and you are back on track now. It takes time to build new habits and a new way of eating. Look at the positive thing you have done by losing weight and move on.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 11:12 AM   #3  
Time For Change

S/C/G: see/ticker/:)

Height: 6'0"

I just want to say, you have done an outstanding job losing weight!
Sure you may have messed up, but you realized it before it got to late, and you took that time to change it again.
The past is the past and you can't change it so there is not really any point in worrying about it now.
I would LOVE to be 175 pounds, actually my goal is 180.
I think you did an awesome job, even if you did ''mess up.''
Keep you head up girl, things could be SO much worse!
<3
ElociN2392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 11:17 AM   #4  
Vex
There is no try.

S/C/G: 281/T/140

Height: 5'6"

Default re:

Yep, be proud you were able to realize you were going up again and DID something about it. Not many people do that!

Vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 11:48 AM   #5  

Height: 5'3 & 1/2

thanks everyone for your words..they deff. cheered me up. & ElociN- I could hug you right now! I know your all right and I guess I just need to get myself out of this funky feeling im having today.
PrincessAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 01:23 PM   #6  
CB

S/C/G: 217.6/195.6/145

Height: 5'5

I understand where you're coming from. I lost about 30 pounds from June-October (lowest was like 189/8), and just sort of gave up and floundered around with the same 15 pounds until now. There were a couple health crises in my family and general seasonal depression to deal with, so I guess that's why.

I've been diagnosed with ADHD/anxiety/depression (and disordered eating), so I'm hoping that as I work my way through therapy and possibly medication for those issues, I'll be able to get a handle on this.

I started a weight loss study three weeks ago and I was really hoping this would be the inspiration I needed to get back on track, but the past month has been exceptionally difficult at work and I've just spent most of my time angry and depressed, and the thought of tracking food sort of pissed me off on top of that. (I feel so micromanaged that adding one more layer of self-control just felt overwhelming).

As it turns out, the only thing that can inspire me to make this change is myself. I've made sure to track all of my food/exercise, even though I wasn't terribly careful about what I was eating today. Take heart that you've kept off a significant amount of weight. We can get a hold on this day by day.
surfinqssr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 02:02 PM   #7  
Time For Change

S/C/G: see/ticker/:)

Height: 6'0"

Talking

ElociN2392 is offline   Reply With Quote