Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 11-26-2011, 10:30 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 239/see ticker/110

Height: 4ft 11inches

Let me reassure you that I have been there as well... i too have thot you know what if I just left... would people think about me? would anyone miss me? would me being gone make things a lot easier? a slew of questions rolled into my head and ill admit that i did answer yes to quite a few of them and the logical thing to do would have been to take my life... but then i asked myself is it really what i want? of course its not what i wanted!!!!!! i wanted to travel and see the world. i wanted to find a guy and have a family. i wanted to do all those cliche things that people want to do in life... and then it all made sense.

Do I still have days where i get depressed and wonder if life will get any better? sure dont we all? Do I still have days where i think about the past and everything thats happened to me? everything from my hypothyroidism to dealing with watching my mom be beat as a child, to rape to over eating to anorexia and cutting and depression and anxiety... ive been there and ive done ALLLLLL that i know what your going through ....but its the future that keeps me looking forward....a future with my son.... so when you have those down days and life seems like its shi*....do something that makes you happy... talk to someone who makes you happy... **** come on here and shoot me a line... id be happy to sit and chat! Just remember that in the end nothing is worth taking your own life... whether its just thots or actual actions... seek the help you need... from a counsellor or a friend... sometimes its easier to hear from a friend then from a counsellor and i can say that because i am one... i have my degree in developmental psychology ive counselled and i completely understand.
candice1022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:22 PM   #17  

Candice and LovelyLeah you shared some really moving personal stories. Thank you. I hope the original poster reads them and I am sure you made a difference in other readers regardless if they comment or not.

I am sorry you are frustrated with your mom reading these posts. But I am glad that someone in your physical world can be there for you.

Powerful stuff all of you.
HikingChloe is offline   Reply With Quote