Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2003, 05:39 PM   #16  

The major causes of my depression is

1. Not being a normal person
2. Never doing things right
3. Always saying the wrong thing
4. Not having any talent
5. Not having any friends

what can I do to make myself feel better?

try not to get in my family's way and don't ask for anything....usually does it.
Old 03-03-2003, 06:40 PM   #17  
One day at a time..

Default Flabby thighs...

I am so sorry you are so depressed. I have been depressed a lot in my life and have a great story to tell but I never feel sorry for myself. Life goes on and we must do all we can while we can. Too,soon we will not be jere any more.

I want to live for my children and for my grandchildren. I love life. Who knows what follows. Pick yourself up and go forward. I would like to be your friend.

Venetia
Old 03-12-2003, 05:48 PM   #18  

Default Book that actually helps overcome depression

Hello all. I just wanted to mention that about 7 years ago I found a book that actually helped me change my thinking patterns enough that I was able to bring myself out of chronic depression. I'm now convinced that negative thinking really can change the mind's chemistry by constantly hitting our brain with the addictive drug/chemical adrenaline. We get so used to the slight jolt we get when we think negative or anxious thoughts, that we are unable to give them up. It's very similar to the well-known fact that meth users suffer from deep depression after using amphetamines over a long period of time.

The book that helped me learn to take control of my thoughts, so I could get off this destructive merry-go-round, was Psycho-pictography, by Vernon Howard. Don't let the slightly silly name fool you - this is one of the most powerful books I've ever read.

Old 03-18-2003, 08:51 PM   #19  

Unhappy I've got the blues!!

Wow, what a question!!! Um, things that are contributing is...
1) My weight
2) My self-loathing
3) Lack of self-confidence
4) Finances
5) Bad body image
6) Constant binge eating
7) Feeling I'm not worth anything
8) Comparing how I look to others (i.e. women in Hollywood)

What makes me happy is...
1) My hubby!
2) My pets
3) A good book
4) My family

I have had depression/panic attacks running in my family for years. Lucky me. I haven't been on my meds for a while now and I'm feeling it. Yuck. Since I've gained weight, I'm not sure how to dress anymore (sounds weird, but true). I don't know what age bracket I fit into clotheswise. I mean, I know I'm not in the teenage bracket, but it seems that if you have curves, you have a hard time finding clothes that look good.

HEEEELLLLPPP MEEEEEEE!!!
Old 05-14-2003, 09:54 PM   #20  

Things that contribute to my depression:
1. my husband's anger problems
2. malpractice case
3. compulsive spending
4. negative thoughts
5. negative self image
6. not going for my walks
7. not praying

things that help me with my depression
1. positive thoughts
2. praying daily
3. walking
4. cleaning my house
5. online support groups
6. my kids (of course)
7. atkins way of eating
8. my mom
JUST TO NAME A FEW. mainly i just try to focus on the positive. it does'nt always work but the great days are much more than the bad.
Closed Thread