Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2003, 09:36 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Tuesday, January 7th

Hi Everyone,

Happy Tuesday

Well I'm back at work, it was very hard but I'm here. I'll be back later to check up on everyone

Love, Leenie
Old 01-07-2003, 10:34 AM   #2  

Angry Happy day!

Ok Leens I was back tracking a bit yesterday and I was noticing how early you get up....it is no wonder that you find days difficult sometimes...that is just tooooooo early Do you go to bed extra early?

April I am glad to hear that the light therapy is helping...how wonderful for you!

I am slowly getting back on track...more water, less coffee, more healthy food in the house and the crap out!

One of these days I will start exercising.

My self esteem is a bit fragile though...dd 11 is doing algerbra in school and I can't help her....I don't understand Good thing for hubby.

Well it has been a good month so far....sounds like we are all hanging in there.....hope everyone checks in!

Bye for now!

Liz

Last edited by liz321; 01-07-2003 at 10:36 AM.
Old 01-07-2003, 10:36 AM   #3  

G'morning Leens and everyone else.

I'm just getting out of bed. Actually got to sleep in!! Think Chris felt bad for me that he'd kept me up the night before so late and then sometime early this morning, he elbowed me in the nose hard. It was an accident and he really feels bad about it. Talk about hurt!! And my nose was starting to feel so good too.

Today is weigh-in day. Don't think I will have lost anything but who knows. I got side tracked yesterday with a bag of Oreos and a glass of milk. I could have eaten the whole bag...I love those things.

Linda you are in my thoughts and prayers today. I hope you know that you are very loved and cared about.

Meg it was good to see you in chat last night. Hope it becomes a ritual once again.

Liz I hope you're doing better today as well.

I've got to get my grocery list ready today as tomorrow is shopping day. I don't mind the shopping part...it's the putting away of the groceries that I detest. I think it rates with having to fold and put away clothes.

A lady just dropped by wanting to know if she could gather up gum balls from my 2 trees. She is going to make candles and put them inside for decoration. I don't know who she was but she was nice. We've had people want them to make Christmas decorations out of too. Dad popped his head out the door and told her "50 cents a piece." She looked so funny, guess she thought he meant it til he smiled really big.

Gotta go get started on that list....
Old 01-07-2003, 10:37 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Morning Gang!

Hey Leens - hope you have a good day back at work! Imagine it will be wild after being off! How r u feeling any better?

I have been awake since very early, so I got up and did my 2 mile walk with Leslie Sansone. I hacked and coughed threw the whole thing but I did it anyway. Must have cleared out my lungs or chest or whatever because I'm feeling much better now. Have already drank a couple of bottles of water too.

I was up and down during the night, because my youngest son was not feeling well. They started highschool baseball practice yesterday after school and I think he got dehydrated. He threw up during the practice from running so much (Coaches are animals!) and then once later in the evening and around midnight. He doesn't drink anything all day because he says he doesn't have time in between classes and then didn't have anything to drink the whole practice (duh) and I think he was dehydrated. It's not hot here at all right now, but still you need water during a 2 hour practice - duh! Also he weighed 134 yesterday morning, and last night after his shower he weighed 128 - that is 6 lbs of water the poor boy lost! (Coaches are animals!). Hopefully today's practice will be better. I loaded him down with Gatorade and stuff like that. At least it will be easier once the games start.

Well gang I have lots of year end stuff to do and I've played in here too long!

Everybody be good and have a good day!

hugs, Cathy

p.s. Liz & Sweetie snuck in while I was posting - hey there!

Last edited by cathyxxx; 01-07-2003 at 10:40 AM.
Old 01-07-2003, 11:35 AM   #5  

Hey all, I just thought I would pop in. I has to work on the year end files myself. I really dread doing it. I don't let anyone else do it b/c they never can seem to do it right.

Everyone sounds busy today. That is a great feeling to have goals to get done.

My doc switched my meds the other day, I am on Effexor now. I hop this one works. I had crying spells on the Serzone and I knew that wasn't right.
Old 01-07-2003, 12:52 PM   #6  
CIN

Hi you all!
So THIS is where you hang out now instead of chat! Ha! FOUND YOU!

It was like reading someone elses mail.I liked it!

Wishing all of you a Happy New Year and the best for 2003!

CIN
Old 01-07-2003, 12:56 PM   #7  

wow Cathy!!! 6 lbs in such a short time... where can I sign up to be on that baseball team???

Glad you're feeling better Cathy. Just think how much better you'd feel right now if you'd walked 4 miles.

Grocery list is now complete. Looks like Dad and Chris will get the usual. They won't help...I ask what they are hungry for, what they'd like different. I get the same answer every month, "I don't know". Wish we all 3 ate more alike. I added more veggies to the list this time. Hope they are ready to chow down.

I have on a pot of meatballs and stuffed peppers for me and Dad. Chris won't eat the peppers so he gets the meatballs. I cook them early and by 4:30 this afternoon they will taste sooo good after setting for 3 hours.

Now it's time to do the Leslie Sansone video. I am such a goddess in my nightgown and tennis shoes. Talk about sexxxxy. I live on a 4 lane road so it's a must that I shut the blinds in order to keep traffic moving. Don't I wish!! hehe

I weighed. Last Wednesday I was 274. Today I am 274 1/2. Those Oreos caught up with me. I was afraid it would be worse so I am pleased. Just lets me know I have to behave myself this week.

Thinking about stirring up taboli. Of course I've been thinking that for over a week now. Maybe it will turn into reality before the day is over.

Well I am off to go get this fat rocking....if you hear of any earthquakes today, just know I got too exhuberant exercising.

bye
Old 01-07-2003, 01:38 PM   #8  

Hi Cin~glad you found us!
Well, my life style change lasted until I grabbed a small slice of pizza yesterday afternoon instead of that soup. It was only an inch by two though. Then last night, DH decided to have a drinkie and who am I to say no to a Black Russian! That led to summer sausage, cheese and crackers! Oy vey!
As Scarlet said, "I"ll think about that tomorrow!"! Well, today I'm having a large salad as I type. It has some chicken in it for protein since veggies will not hold me until our evening meal.

See you all later....
Old 01-07-2003, 02:15 PM   #9  

Hi everyone,

Just popping in......had my 2nd light treatment this A.M.....I feel really good.....just got back from Wal Mart & Super Store with DH....so am going to have a coffee.

See you later.

April
Old 01-07-2003, 02:51 PM   #10  

April how many times do you have to go to this therapy? It sounds like it is doing wonders for you.
Old 01-07-2003, 03:06 PM   #11  

Kemp.....now I am going for light therapy 5 times a week for 2 weeks....the counselor said if it worked for me...i would start to do it in October until April every year...am not sure if I would do it for 5 days a week or 7 days a week. I will find out more when I see the counselor on Thursday.

Liz.....I know what you mean about exercising.....am having a hard time getting back into exercising.

Kemp....I am on Effexor XR.....but in mid November it didn't seem to be working....then when my DR. doubled the dose....the depression just seemed to get worse...even after being on the double dose for 4 weeks.....until I started the light therapy with the light box.

SweetPea....when my kids were still at home...I used to tell them...if they wanted some type of food...to write it on my grocery list....only my DS3 would write what he wanted me to get for him. When I would buy him these foods....the others used to say ....you like him more.

Have a great day everyone.

April

Last edited by april99; 01-07-2003 at 03:39 PM.
Old 01-07-2003, 04:26 PM   #12  

Hi everyone!!

Glad to see so many of you here. We are going to do this!!! I keep telling myself that!

Just got done with another 5 miles of walking today...wow, two days in a row...now if only I can keep this up!!!

Sweet...I didn't have any oreo's, but I always gain weight as soon as I get on a good exercise routine, then all of a sudden the weight loss starts...SLOWLY, but it kicks in, so hang in there!!!

To all of you...have a great day~~~~~~Meg
Old 01-07-2003, 08:22 PM   #13  

Hi everyone,
Thanks for being so open about the struggles. I'm going to counseling tomorrow, and have been trying a new medication...celexa. So far it is helping.
Blessings to you!
Closed Thread