Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2002, 03:14 AM   #1  

Default Monday 12/9/02

G'morning.......

I am up with Chris who is having a problem. Had to irrigate his bug. Boy was I sleeping good.

I hope I have a better day today...yesterday was a bad day depression wise. It's been 2 years as of Saturday since I've drove. I've been at the mercy of everyone else. I want to get out, alone!! and do my own thing. I know this isn't possible for now but no matter what I do, there is always someone. I can't even go to the bathroom that someone is not knocking on the door or asking if I am okay. I've put walking on hold for a while since falling. Guess it's time to get back out there even if it isn't but a couple blocks.

Sorry to rattle...

See you all later today.......
Old 12-09-2002, 10:45 AM   #2  

Talking Happy monday morning...what were you all doing 11 years ago today?????

I was in labour with my first born! She turns 11 today and do I ever love to celebrate her!

We had a full weekend...I will be spending most of this morning tidying up. Mostly just dishes to do.

I have been off for a few days now and it feels pretty great. I am gonna do some studying today as I have to wait until pay day to do the rest of my XMas shopping.

Hope you are all having an ok monday morning and that everyone checks in.

SP watch your step...things happen in three's you know!

Bye and I'll check in later.

Eliz
Old 12-09-2002, 11:44 AM   #3  

So much work so little time. I will have to check back in later in the day once I get at least half of it done.
Old 12-09-2002, 11:58 AM   #4  

Talking

Done the dishes! Getting things done! It is gonna be a great day!
Old 12-09-2002, 12:06 PM   #5  

Shhhhhhhh liz...don't say that!! yes I know about the 3's. Many think it is a myth but it's not. Having worked at a nursing home for several years, when we lost one, we lost two more each and every time.

I had Chris up til after 4 this morning. He shouldn't have woke me up 'cause then I got in a talking mood and kept him up. I admitted some feelings I'd been having and he listened. He thanked me for sharing them with him and says he now understands me and my reasons for some things I say and do. I admitted to him and myself (I've just recently realized it) that I have never grieved losing Mother after 5 1/2 years.

I say things like when she left us, when we lost her, when she went to be with the Lord....never have I said when she d**d I never been able to say that...it makes it too real. I know she is gone and I wake up daily knowing this, it's just not a part of my vocabulary or thoughts. <shudder> I can't even type it. I know I have to come to grips with this but oooooooh I don't know but where my mind will take me. I don't feel stable enough and I have to be. Like I told Chris, I feel if I say it or admit it, I will lose my mind. This way "I" have control. Something I don't have in the rest of my life. Does this sound screwy???

I slept in til 10. Wow, you all just turned green. : It's now time to start Dad some lunch. No clue what to fix. I feel I cook the same thing all the time. I fixed a crockpot of meatballs yesterday and they went through those in no time. And I thought I'd have leftovers. waaaaa.

Catch you all on the flip side.....take care.
Old 12-09-2002, 12:21 PM   #6  

Liz, 11 years ago today I was on an all paid vacation with the man of my dreams. You know the type...tall, dark and extremely gorgeous with a body to die for. I was the envy of everyone. We stayed up nights enjoying one another (get my drift??), dancing and dining by moonlight. By day we went shopping where I was given full access to his credit cards, dined at the best places, drank the best wine.

DANG!! the phone just woke me up......

heehee
Old 12-09-2002, 12:43 PM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi,

Sweetpea I don't like to use the "d" word either, just the thought of it I get all choked up. Grieving is a difficult thing to do, I've been thru it to many times or shall I say I am still going thru it. And no you don't sound screwy, you sound real to those of us who understand what you are going thru. Wish I could say something to you that could help. All I could offer is a cyber hug from the heart.

Lizzy tell that precious one HAPPY BIRTHDAY from all of us

Kem, all work and no play makes you just like me !! BORING !!! My boss leaves on Friday and I won't see her until January. How great is that

Linny binnie bo minnie !!
Tippy bippie bo mippy !!

Meg, Cathy, April where are you chickies, did the Christmas cat get your tongue ? Huggs !

Talk to you later, Love, Leenie
Old 12-09-2002, 01:58 PM   #8  

Happy Birthdya to Liz's daughter!

Sweet sounds like that cruise was wonderful. I would love to go on one some day.

Leen I don't think I am turning boring just angry. Everytime I turn a corner here I see things that the employees are not doing. I don't give them difficult things to do. Come on how hard can it be to wash and fold towels? Now I have to do all of their work PLUS all of my stuff. The bnad thing is I have to do their work first b/c it is out where all of my members see it. What is the deal with people not holding their own around here. Even my boss has a hard time doing it. Sorry, I just really needed to vent. Thanks guys for listening!
Old 12-09-2002, 02:05 PM   #9  

kem what on earth do you do?

Eliz
Old 12-09-2002, 02:34 PM   #10  

Oh, sorry, I thought all of you guys knew. I am the Executive Director of a fitness facility. You would think with me being around fitness all day I would be a muscle bound rail. I think that is just the problem. When I first started here I did great with my workouts but as the responsibility piled on so did the pounds.
Old 12-09-2002, 03:24 PM   #11  

Default Afternoon!

Hi everyone.

Oh this is a good day so far! Got up with enough sleep, did one of my new aerobics tapes, had a good commute to work.. and have had a quiet morning at work. Now it is lunchtime and I am enjoying my Lean Cuisine.

Sweet and Leens, yes I agree it is hard to say they D word. I don't know when I was able to start saying it, but I now am able to. Being able to say it takes time and coming to terms with your grief. I still get terribly sad when I think of the day I found he had died..I don't think that will ever stop. It was traumatic. Everything we go through helps make us stronger.. so I'll just keep on keeping on.

Happy Birthday Lizzy's daughter. Hi Kem and Liz.. Lizzy chat is back....YAY huh? It may not be perfect, but it is something.

I had a lovely weekend. I got my hair done on Saturday, tried making homemade pet treats later that day ( Zooni didn't like them so they went into the trash... sigh), vacuumed the house, spot cleaned the carpet ( it looks wonderful) and baked COOKIES!!! I have more to bake this next weekend, and then they are leaving the house and coming to work! I haven't bothered them too much. I think it is because I have them nearly every year and they aren't new. I did use my new Cuisinart for making them... awesomely cool machine!

I had my first Church Council meeting last week and it was interesting.. and boring too! Our pastor's last day is December 15th, so we will be having emergency meetings interviewing Interim Pastor's this week. This is just what everyone needs during the holiday season, but serving the church during this season means something special I think. What better time?

Well, I am going to go fiddle around on the web and in my email for a bit... hope the rest of you are having a wonderful holiday season
Old 12-09-2002, 04:40 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Hey gang!

Tis the season to be BUSY huh!

I just checked out the new chat room - of course nobody was there - but at least I was able to get in there. It certainly isn't as nice as what we use to have, but I guess it is better then nothing - at this point I will just be glad to be able to chat again - assuming I can catch somebody in there. I'm just wondering what the thing will look like when there are several in there??? are their different colors for each person? anything to set each one apart from the other? looks like it may be a little hard to tell who is talking - but like I said - it will be nice to be able to chat again.

Tonight is Monday night football, so maybe, just maybe, I can sneak away from all my guys and chat for awhile???

We finally put up our Christmas Tree on Saturday. This is very late for us, but at least we have it up. I don't think we will bother with putting up the outside lights - we just don't seem to have the energy or the time to get to all of that.

later gaters

hugs, Cathy
Old 12-09-2002, 09:24 PM   #13  

Question Linda just wondering????

Who died? Who is he?

Eliz
Old 12-09-2002, 10:19 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Chat Aggravation!

well this is really aggravating for me tonight. my youngest son has been on the phone for 2 hours. I finally told him he had to be off at 9:00 so that I could get on the computer, besides the fact that he has been on there for way too long. I broke my neck to get to 3fatchicks and get into the chatroom and for some reason I cannot get into the chat from my home computer. I could scream.

I just know all of yall are in the chatroom having a grand ole time, and here I sit - unable to get in and chat with you guys! wah!

somebody let me know what I'm missing! :-(

cathy
Closed Thread