Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2002, 06:12 AM   #1  

Red face Twisted Thursday

Good morning! Or should I say good night as I haven't been to bed yet! I went to my course at work and got talked into working 6 hrs as the ER was really busy! So I worked from 9 pm to 330 am...I am off to bed....and in a few hours my mother will be here to do Xmas baking...bah humbug~!

Take care all!

Eliz
Old 11-21-2002, 08:57 AM   #2  

Arrrgghhh!!! It's snowing!

Last night we watched the movie "Shrek" for the fourth time! I absolutely love that movie. Everytime I watch it, I see something I've missed. I gotta go buy my own since we borrowed it from the grandchildren. There are some scenes that make me almost pee my britches form laughing.
Old 11-21-2002, 09:10 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning !

Hey Lizzy I see you up there ^ Can I come over and do some baking. I have a recipe for thumb print cookies that's to die for. This year I'm going to fill them with pnut butter and dip them in chocolate whooooooohooo how great does that sound... (tummy growling). Have fun, don't forget to play some Christmas music to get really in the mood, something like Perry Como, Bing, or Frankie, and how about some Berl Ives ...enjoy.

Tippy you snuck in on me. I have that movie but didn't get to see it yet. Some day ?

Nothing much new here sosdd...just waiting for Friday again. Got alot of work here to keep me busy until I'm 90, but I don't want to do it

Ladies, I have to run, so have a wonderful blessed day.

Love, Leenie

Last edited by Leens; 11-21-2002 at 09:26 AM.
Old 11-21-2002, 10:27 AM   #4  

I love Shrek too. I am the same way with certain scenes. I love the part where Donkey is laughing and tlaking at the same time saying you think Shrek is your treu love. I annoy hubby everytime I see it cuz I say it with him. I love it!

Snow! Wow! I saw some last year but not here we were in Denver. It didn't snow while we were there, but there was snow at the ski park. As we were driving back to Denver we could look behind us and tell that it was snowing. Why couldn't it have started while we were there.

Liz I hate baking cookies. I end up eating a ton of them as I am baking. Of course you have to taste each batch that comes out. I do have a good one for Buck Shots. Pbutter balls dipped in Choc. I also have a naughty receipe for egg nogg. It is full of alcohol. I don't know if any of you ladies drink but I could give it to anyone that wants it.

I will tell you guys what my test result are when they come in I have to wait about 3 days.
Old 11-21-2002, 11:33 AM   #5  

Good morning ladies,

I got up earlier....had to make a call before 8 A.M. Now I am tired. DH is still sleeping. When I got up.....the dog wanted to go in the garage. Dh says it's because it's cooler there. He is a Border Collie & they have quite a heavy coat.

I think I will do some of my Christmas cards today. There is a gift.....that I will get off in the mail also.

It is cloudy today....but I could see some blue sky poking through. It is quite mild today...it is + 10C already. I live in northern Canada & it usually isn't that warm in the last half of November. Sometimes at this time of year....it's about -30C & snowing. The weather seems wierd. Every day that there is no snow on the road.....is a good day.

Tippy......I love Shrek too. DS rented it once & I watched it

April
Old 11-21-2002, 12:30 PM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Okay don't kill me !

April I know you've told me this before but I forgot
Do Border Collies shed alot ? Some day I would like to get one but if they shed (like my shepard/lab mix) forget it.

Thanks again
Old 11-21-2002, 12:41 PM   #7  

Hey Leens, did the boss walk away? LOL
Old 11-21-2002, 01:40 PM   #8  

Default I liked Shrek too!

I love a good laugh!

One of the movies that I laughed the hardest in was a Jim Carey movie called Liar Liar....and I don't care for Jim Carey all that much....I hadn't really laughed for almost a year and a half after my son died...I mean a real belly...pee in your pants type laugh and I watched that movie and I cried tears of laughter and I peed my pants and I loved it! Especailly the part where he beats himself up in the bathroom.

I would love to get the house decorations and cards started in the next couple days too....we don't even have our outdoor lights up yet.

I will see how much in the Xmas spirit I feel after today....

I am having a Grey Cup Party here for a houseful of Sunday so we shall get through tha first.

Cheers!
P.S If anyone would like to hook up on MSN from time to time I can be found as [email protected]

I chat with quite a few of my 3fc friends that way....even used to with Cathyxxx once upon a time...anyhow it is another way to stay connected

Eliz

Last edited by liz321; 11-21-2002 at 01:43 PM.
Old 11-21-2002, 01:56 PM   #9  

I will drop in to check you out if I ever get my DSL connected. I don't think being able to read was in their job description. I left specific orders for them about what time to show up and what number to call. Did they follow them? NOOOOOO! So now I have to wait until tomorrow night to have them come out. I am sure they will screw that up too. Boy don't I have a sunny outlook right now.

Liz what is a grey cup party?
Old 11-21-2002, 02:21 PM   #10  

Default Mornin'

Well almost afternoon here, but the greeting still is legit

Nothing going on here except work. Been busy today, but that makes me glad. It means I have a job. So glad a weekend is coming in 1.5 days.. but then again I always am glad. Tomorrow I'll be buying the stuff I need to make for Thanksgiving. I am making a roasted vegetable dish and perhaps a dessert or appetizer of some sort.. still comtemplating.

Lizzy, sweet dreams.. sleep an hour for me please. I can use it.

Leens, I know how you feel. A bunch to do, but don't want to do it. People at this company sometimes drag their feet on things.. I shouldn't HAVE to beg for someone to do their job so I can do mine. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Exercise and eating are going fine here. I cut out my lunchtime pretzels without too much trouble. Eventually, I like to give up "junky treats" as a regular part of my eating, even the low fat ones.. because they really aren't nourishing me even if they are low fat /calorie. The skinny cows are the only thing left now.. and that is going to take some doing to part with those. I'll still have occasional ones.. but the every day has to stop, even if I can afford the calories. Fruit and veggies are so much better for me....

Gotta scoot. The kidneys are screaming!!
Old 11-21-2002, 02:29 PM   #11  

Default Grey cup

Grey Cup is Canadian Football Final....happens to be our home town is in it so it is a huge deal.....an excuse for hubby to drink beer and eat yummies and hang with his buddies!

Bye for now!

Eliz
Old 11-21-2002, 02:50 PM   #12  

Leenie,

I will tell you about our Border Collies. We have had 3 of them over the years. The first 2 slept outside in a doghouse. They didn't shed much. Now this one....he slept outside until September....when we had him fixed....then we decided to let him sleep inside. When I came back from my trip 12 days ago....he was shedding a lot. Dh has been brushing him lots. DH says it's because he is now an inside dog. He says when they are inside most of the time....they somehow don't go through the the seasons....like if the are outside. He seems to want to go in the garage a lot....it's cooler there. We have started to put him out in the backyard some...now.

They are beautiful dogs, smart & all different. This one is real layed back. He was trained to herd cows & sheep. The ones we had were all very affectionate. They all thought they were lap dogs....this one too. All 3 weighed around 42 lbs.

The first 2 we had were more focused....they wanted to do something a lot....like in the house I was constantly kicking the tennis ball or hockey puck.

Border Collies have this thing about staring....they will be on the floor facing frontwards & they stare.

This one even vocallizes....we have heard him say Mama.

If you get a Border Collie....be prepared to brush him. They do give you lots of love & affection.

April
Old 11-21-2002, 03:10 PM   #13  

Liz sounds like SUper Bowl here. Just a reason for my hubby and his friends to drink beer, bar-b-q and yell ot the tv. Boy can't wait for that again this year. We have to big screen tv so everyone comes to our house. YIKES!
Closed Thread