Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 09-20-2003, 11:47 AM   #46  

Welcome Cassie

I read the 5 Diana Gabaldon books last winter.....I really liked them.....am keeping them....maybe I might read them again one day.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 10:41 AM   #47  

Come to the daily's everyone....would love to hear from everyone! We have such a huge bio section but we never get a chance to get to know you....come post on the daily threads!

Eliz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 04:57 PM   #48  
Queen Weak Will

Hello All! I am a newbie.

DATE: Monday Sept 29, 2003

USERNAME/REAL NAME: volley11 / Steff

BIRTHDAY: Dec 19th

MARITAL STATUS: Married (6 years)

SPOUSE’S NAME: Jeff

CHILDREN/AGES: None (Can't have)

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: volleyball, tennis, watching hockey (GO DEVILS), knitting, singing, whatever I can fit in outside of school and work

PETS: 1 large cat (Milo) and 1 large dog (Buckley)

TOP WEIGHT: 162

CURRENT WEIGHT: 158

GOAL WEIGHT: 148

HEIGHT: 5'8 and 1/2"

EYE COLOR: Blue

HAIR COLOR: Blonde

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Idaho

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Husband stocks cupboards with junk food / stressed / not enough time to exercise.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: Friends with good advice and a motivation to feel good about myself.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? My husband and I are both huge ER and Friends fans!
volley11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 08:21 AM   #49  

DATE: October 2, 2003

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Jaden Ballard

BIRTHDAY: 12/25/74

MARITAL STATUS: married

SPOUSE’S NAME: Greg

CHILDREN/AGES: my son is 7 and my daughter is 6

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: ceramics, cross stitching, reading, writing poetry

PETS: 3 Bearded Dragon lizards and 4 rats

TOP WEIGHT: 160 lbs

CURRENT WEIGHT: 153 lbs

GOAL WEIGHT: 130 bls

HEIGHT: Five foot two inches

EYE COLOR: green

HAIR COLOR: brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Virginia Beach, VA

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I had a weight gain from taking Lithium...this is a recent gain...never been heavy before. I don't seem to have the motivation to excercise. I no longer take Lithium.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I am not sure. I think I am more patient with myself than ever before. This might prove helpful in achieving this goal...as I know weight loss dosen't happen overnight. I wish it did!!! It sure seems to come ON overnight!!

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU?
Sure....I am really looking for weight loss support. I am not extremley overweight and my health is not at risk, but I feel badly about myself and really need some encouragement. And maybe just a hug. Maybe someone out there to tell me I CAN do it. My life has been very difficult the last couple of years and I want to come out of this the winner. I need help!!!

Old 10-14-2003, 06:03 PM   #50  

DATE: 10/14/2003

USERNAME/REAL NAME: AnotherJen / Jen

BIRTHDAY: 4/12

MARITAL STATUS: Married

SPOUSE’S NAME: Dh

CHILDREN/AGES: None

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Comedy clubs, movie, The Lifetime Channel

PETS: 2 guinea pigs

TOP WEIGHT: 179

CURRENT WEIGHT: unsure (160ish. I do not own a scale)

GOAL WEIGHT: 130

HEIGHT: 5'4

EYE COLOR: blue

HAIR COLOR: red

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: WA state

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: staying away from sugary foods, staying with whatever diet, number on the scale

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: the help of sugar free subs, and keeping my eye on the goal

AnotherJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 03:07 PM   #51  

Default :angel:

DATE: 10/15/03

USERNAME/REAL NAME: lcastle/Lynette

BIRTHDAY: 8/16

SPOUSE’S NAME: Donald

CHILDREN/AGES: Justin/10
Neal/9
Amber/stillborn/would be 12

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: reading , cross stitch, singing, collecting angels

PETS: 3 dogs (Sadie-my baby; Tigger, and Sandwich-hubbie's babies)

TOP WEIGHT: 196

CURRENT WEIGHT: 185

GOAL WEIGHT: 145

HEIGHT: 5'5"

EYE COLOR: hazel

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Phoenix, AZ

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: being able to cook for family who do not have weight problems at all, and will power to stick to program even when I am depressed, bored, etc.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I am trying to find as much support as possible

lcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 01:31 AM   #52  
jro

DATE: 10/18/03

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Judy

BIRTHDAY: 04/04

MARITAL STATUS: M

SPOUSE’S NAME: Randy

CHILDREN/AGES: Stepsons 23 & 22(my husband started early)

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: snowmobiling, hiking (when I'm in shape it's fun), design/decorating

PETS: 13 yo dog Sky aka tubby

TOP WEIGHT: 250

CURRENT WEIGHT: 247

GOAL WEIGHT: 150

HEIGHT: 5'8"

HAIR COLOR: brown w/ a few grays

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Big Sky country - Montana

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: portion size; emotional eating; grazing if I've had a drink

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: Knowing that I graze if I have a drink; knowing I feek better when I exercise; knowing if I don't get the weight off I am going to have some major health problems down the line

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I need all the support and encouragement I can get
jro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2003, 11:06 AM   #53  

DATE: 11/16/03

USERNAME/REAL NAME: angelheadedhipster/Malory

BIRTHDAY: Aug 17

MARITAL STATUS: single

SPOUSE’S NAME: none

CHILDREN/AGES: none

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: writing, reading, internet surfing, art

PETS: black cat named Ebony

TOP WEIGHT: 190

CURRENT WEIGHT: 174

HEIGHT: 5'2"

EYE COLOR: brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: NY

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I have SAD which is a form of depression and I sometimes binge on sweet foods.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I'm doing one day at a time and won't starve myself from the foods I love.

Nope.
angelheadedhipster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 10:17 PM   #54  

DATE:19/01/04

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Raina

BIRTHDAY: May 25

MARITAL STATUS: Single

SPOUSE’S NAME: N/A

CHILDREN/AGES: N/A

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading,Computers,Writing,Watching Hockey<--typical Canadian, I know.

PETS: 2 Dogs 2 Cats Sparky,Sheena,Sadie&Sativa

TOP WEIGHT: 200

CURRENT WEIGHT:200

HEIGHT: 5"3

EYE COLOR: Green

HAIR COLOR: Naturally Brown, Dyed Red

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Atlantic Canada

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS:Cheese is the devil!!! lol

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I am Damned Determined

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU?I'm very good at finding excuses not to exercise.

Last edited by Raina; 01-19-2004 at 10:23 PM.
Raina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 12:27 AM   #55  
The cat lady

Angry Can I join?

DATE: January 24

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Davoswoman/Candy

BIRTHDAY: March 16

MARITAL STATUS: Married 9 mos.

SPOUSE’S NAME: Hmmmm, David maybe

CHILDREN/AGES: NONE

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: reading, sewing, crocheting, computers

PETS: four adorable cats- Melvin-12yrs, Maggie 2yrs, Groucho- 1yr and Missy-9mos

TOP WEIGHT: ~400

CURRENT WEIGHT: 225

GOAL WEIGHT: 170

HEIGHT: 5'7"

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Missouri

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I had a gastric bypass in Jan '01 lost 70 pounds and then my first husband died of a heart attack. I began drinking alot and stopped losing weight. I got myself together after a few months and have now lost almost 200 pounds. I began to gain back some the past few months after quiting work and staying home. Too much munching time on my hands.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I am joining WW to get some structure and accountability back. I spend too much time at home alone and need to meet with people who are struggling too.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? Think I said about all there is to say
davoswoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 03:43 AM   #56  

Default Bio for Skjolden

DATE: 2/11/04

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Susie

BIRTHDAY: October

SPOUSE’S NAME: Jack - my high school sweetheart (28 years)

CHILDREN/AGES: Jordan is 25, married, and in graduate school; Taffy is 22, still in college; Bryan is 19 and in the army; Lindsay is 16 and a junior; Charlie is 15, a freshman, and has pretty serious learning disabilities; Ben is 10, 5th grade, and also has a depression problem. Together they are the most fun you can imagine - what a lively crowd.

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Quilting, reading. Homeschooled for 16 years (older kids went straight to college from homeschool), took three years off but we're homeschooling again because the move in November didn't go smoothly for our two youngest kids. Lindsay goes to high school.

PETS: Maisie, Mistral, and Joey - cats with attitude

TOP WEIGHT: 240

CURRENT WEIGHT: 228

GOAL WEIGHT: 172 ?

HEIGHT: 5'5"

EYE COLOR: blue/grey

HAIR COLOR: light brown with highlights. Got my first grey hair at 47 and immediately covered it up

OCCUPATION: health unit coordinator but currently looking for part time employment after relocating with husband's job.

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Pacific Northwest - north of Seattle, blessedly close to salt water and mountains.

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Staying on the diet, exercising when I'd rather read a book, whenever I get below 200 I start eating compulsively so I'm thinking maybe I'm afraid (?) to be below 200

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I don't think anything is different. I know all of the games I play with myself to sabotage my diet and I let it happen because I'd RATHER eat potato chips than salad. But if I'm always planning to go on a diet or failing at one, at least I feel like I'm trying. I just read this and realized that I'm giving up.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? Hmmm. I love the Lord - very imperfectly, I'm afraid. I got my first speeding ticket last weekend. My husband is a park ranger so we always live in very beautiful places, but we've never bought a house. I tend to spend compulsively when I diet or when I'm depressed. My best friend is moving across the country and that makes me sad.
skjolden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 02:38 PM   #57  

DATE: Wednesday, March 03, 2004

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Flower / Julia

BIRTHDAY: 06/09/1969

MARITAL STATUS: Married 17 years

SPOUSE’S NAME: Edward

CHILDREN/AGES: 15

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: swimming , walking, computer

PETS: 5 cats

TOP WEIGHT: 404

CURRENT WEIGHT: 365

GOAL WEIGHT: anything under 300 lbs

HEIGHT: 5’4”

EYE COLOR: Brown

HAIR COLOR: Brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Ohio

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Bingeing has been by far the hardest thing from me to over come.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: Have been working up to being able to do this. Slowly getting control. Learning how to deal with what going on in my life has help me so much. I am in the place in my head to try again and I know this time will be different I can feel it.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? My diagnoses are Dissociative Identity Disorder and ptsd. I am a self-harmer and Compulsive Overeating. But in 7 mouths I have only hurt myself twice. Have been learning for over a year now to deal and handle them. Everyday is better.
Flower_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 01:45 PM   #58  

DATE: Thursday March 4 2004
USERNAME/REAL NAME: Mom23/Susan

BIRTHDAY: 12/15/63

SPOUSE’S NAME: Joe
CHILDREN/AGES: DD16 (just got her "adult" license yesterday), DD 6yrs and DS 2 later this month

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: reading, cooking, and saving money

PETS: 2 large dogs

TOP WEIGHT: 287

CURRENT WEIGHT: 185
GOAL WEIGHT: 150 or less (been there about 10 yrs ago)
HEIGHT: 5’7”

HAIR COLOR: Natural-ugly brown with lots of grey/ Now- reddish brown but needs to be taken care of

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: North Central Florida

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS:
Snacking at work, chips, bread, pasta, etc.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL:
Knowing that I'm not getting any younger, health problems, self esteem.

Husband is diabetic, but is in denial. He refuses to get with the program, although he is not over weight, does not eat healthy even though I'm trying to get him to understand. I also go through periods of depression (like now) when I'm stressed. Thankfully, my children do not have a weight problem and have no problem eating "the good things."
I lost 10lbs in Feb. with diet (sort of Dr. Phil's program) and exercising. I'm doing the "Leslie Sandsome's Walk away the pounds" and up to the two mile walk 5 days a week. So far so good. Just need some extra support every now and then.

Susan
mom23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 03:39 PM   #59  

DATE: 3-14-04

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Aquareggie

BIRTHDAY:

SPOUSE’S NAME: Husband, Sweetie

CHILDREN/AGES: n/a

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading, internet, easy computer games, movies

PETS: See avatar.

TOP WEIGHT: 180

CURRENT WEIGHT: ~173.5

GOAL WEIGHT: We'll see.

HEIGHT:

EYE COLOR: hazel

HAIR COLOR: blonde

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: midwest

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Keeping it off. Sweets. Emotional eating.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I have been losing sloooooooowly.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? Bipolar I
Aquareggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 05:48 AM   #60  

DATE: 3/29/03

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Selena but everyone calls me Sen

BIRTHDAY: 2/18

MARITAL STATUS: married for just over 2 yrs to my best friend of *counting on fingers* 12 years

SPOUSE’S NAME: Kirk

CHILDREN/AGES: See pets! They're my furry children!

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Harry Potter! Cooking, hunting, playing board games & video games with DH, and just hanging out in general.

PETS: Lobo-12 yrs old-Golden Retriever, Gracie-2 yrs old-Beagle/Basset, Indiana-2 yrs this summer-Chesapeake Bay Retriever, Samantha-8 yrs old-big black kitty, Diesel-2 yrs old- big ginger kitty, Ginger-6 months- fluffball kitty, Buckbeak-about a year old-Cockatiel

TOP WEIGHT: right now... 290

CURRENT WEIGHT: see TW

GOAL WEIGHT: between 150-180.. not picky!

HEIGHT: 5 ft 8 w/ a large build

HAIR COLOR: calico

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: TEXAS

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: It all happened over night it seemed like. Literally, one morning I finally noticed how heavy I had gotten and it's gone downhill from there. I became very depressed after TTC with no luck (it's going to be 3 years this November and still no luck) and that didn't help anything at all. Made things worse. I crawled into a shell and just didn't want to deal with much. The lack of activity was what did it I think. Now, I'm still in my hole because I don't want to be seen. When I graduated high school back in 96 I was @ 170-180 and looked pretty darn good.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I really don't know. I haven't started anything yet.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I'm new. This is my first post.

Sen
SenderellaBrat is offline   Reply With Quote