Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2002, 10:52 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Monday, September 9th - Daily

Hi Kids,

Got a ton to do today - uhhhhhhhh lol.

Just a quick hello and hope everyone had a great weekend. Mine was good, just to short as usual. Ate like a pig but what else is new

I'll be better today !

TTYL, Love, Leenie
Old 09-09-2002, 11:36 AM   #2  

Default Mornin'

Hi Leens and ladies,

Another week, another shriek.. Made it through the weekend okay. My depression really took a nasty turn on Saturday, but I think I have climbed on top of it. It never got bad enough to call the doctor.. just a dip in the road. I did overeat on Saturday, but ate a little less on Sunday to hopefully even things out.

Did any of you see the new report out about exercise? New dietary guidlines from the Institute of Medicine are increasing the amount of exercise needed to maintain weight from 30 mins to 60 mins. I already am doing 45 mins of aerobics a day, but now it isn't enough. So I made a decision.. no I am not going to get up any earlier.. 5am is too early already. I am going to spend half of my lunch break here doing some sort of exercise.. walking most likely. This week I am giving myself a chance to get my stuff together.. find my walkman, find my outside shoes, decide what to wear, find a sun visor.. etc. Then next week, I am planning on going for it! It's almost like pretty soon, I am going to have to give up sleeping to be healthy.. sigh.

Hope everyone had a good weekend.. pls check in and let us know how you are.
Old 09-09-2002, 03:39 PM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Oh Linny, tomorrow they will say your not healthy unless you are exercising 5 hours a day then they will say 15 minutes a day is enuf. If your losing and your happy and you feel good stick with it. Just make sure the extra exercise isn't wearing you out or making you sick of it. Your doing SOOO good I'd hate to see it start to creep away. My Hero !!!!

Tippy, April, Judo, Lizzy, Megiepooh, Charlenie beenie, Cathyxxxxxooooo, girls where are you ???? Anyone else this pea of a brain forgot to mention we miss you, come cheer us up...

Leenie
Old 09-09-2002, 04:07 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Default hey there gang!

Leenie - I was gonna say the same thing about the "new dietery guidelines" - man they change those things all the time - who can keep up!

I read something just last week (not that you can believe everything you read either) that the Food Pyramid was originally created by a bunch of attorneys who thought it "sounded" like a good plan to follow because the government was pushing for some sort of guidelines for food and that it was not put together by studies or even doctors for that matter! Has anybody else heard something like that lately??

Linda you have done so good - you just keep doing what you are doing girlie! But I was gonna mention, if you want to add some exercise during your lunchhour - you might think about getting some little hand weights (I have mine in a box under my desk) and you could do 15 or 30 minutes of handweights which is a great exercise to add to the aerobics you are already doing in the mornings. I keep hearing that adding a little bit of muscle can make a huge difference in our weightloss efforts. We all know that muscle burns more calories then fat does so it makes since.

I hope that the whole gang is well !

hugs,
Cathy
Old 09-09-2002, 04:43 PM   #5  

Here I am! I got a kitchen of sorts. No light, refrigerator or woodwork, but I do have a sink, water and a stove! Now comes the cleaning and I feel rotten. I have swollen glands, an ear ache, a headache and body aches.
I did make a meal in the crockpot today and it was actually fun. So what if everything is still packed away and I can't find things. It could be worse..like no kitchen at all.
Am also cleaning blinds-one a day. Am on day four. It really isn't that bad in the bathtub. Remind me not to let them go for three years!
See you all tomorrow and God bless!
Old 09-09-2002, 06:53 PM   #6  

S/C/G: H178/S170/140/135

I'm here!! I'm here!! just got home from work (can't post from there) and got supper out of the way.. running son to pick up his electric guitar and amp... getting groceries,... and got my thesis proposal back from advisor today.. more editing *sigh

hope everyone had a great day!! I weigh in tomorrow and I don't think anything happened this week even tho I was OP!!! I'm going to try that Wendie plan for my points starting Wed morning... see if it works for me.

*waving
Old 09-09-2002, 10:49 PM   #7  

Hi Everyone,

I'm here, just been sooooo busy and tired. Have been going to bed earlier, which is unusual for me.

Linda..glad you are feeling better and like everyone said, you are doing great so why rock the boat, just continue what you are doing.

Tippy...Just think, you might be all set by the time the holidays are here!! Hope you feel better soon! Take it easy.

Hello to everyone else!

Meg
Old 09-10-2002, 10:42 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Holidays? Holidays?
did somebody mention Holidays?
oh please not yet!!!!!!
Closed Thread