Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 12-19-2011, 12:08 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 207/212/155

Height: 5'9

I hope that I don't have to come off effexor anytime soon. I have horrible withdrawal symptoms if I don't take it on time. The worst is brain zaps. Does anyone else get this? It feels like your brain is shivering and you twitch a lot.
stellarwbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 12:57 AM   #32  
Vegetarian, Low carb

S/C/G: 180/168.1/120

Height: 5'2"

When I came off effexor, I bought tiny little empty capsules on eBay. I then split the little bits in my 37.5 capsules into smaller and smaller portions and filled the empty capsules with smaller and smaller amounts each week (sometimes only one or two 'crumbs' less at a time) until at last I was 100% weaned. It took several months and the symptoms were the worst, but eventually it worked.
shr1nk1ngme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 10:37 PM   #33  

I was also on Efexor, horrible stuff. When I got off, I felt like I had the flu and it took a few days to recover from each drop in the dosing. But I did it. What has helped me the most after getting off all anti-depressants is exercise. Feel better soon, and hang in there, you can get off it, just give yourself time and rest to get through the withdrawals.
eletelephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 06:29 AM   #34  
Daydreamer

S/C/G: 260/252.6/130

I also experienced the "brain zaps" associated with Effexor, it was scary! I quit taking it and had to endure the withdrawal symptoms for quite awhile. I would never ever take that again or recommend it to anyone.
arizonaskye is offline   Reply With Quote