Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 06:15 AM   #31  

Mom of 4-I am sorry.I so cant imagine letting go of a child after that long.Bless you and DH for giving her a home and loving her and caring for her when she needed you.I realize that they system is designed to reunite foster children with bio parents.I know you have made a lasting impact on her life and she will be a better person beccause of it.I am sure she has gained the tools she needs to respond and deal with this so unfair world we all live in.I hope things work out for all of you.Take care.
Old 03-07-2009, 10:24 AM   #32  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Big momof4.......
Old 03-07-2009, 10:40 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Height: 5'4"

thanks guys.....I knew this could and might happen and everyone can try to prepare themselves but no matter how much you prepare its still sooo hard. Just everytime I think about it I have to keep from breaking down in tears....So I just try to block it out but I dont know...I just dont know. I think it will help because I am close to the our youth girls. Like I have one that just started coming a few weeks ago and she is here for the weekend again and shes like I am closer to you than I am my mom. She calls me Momma too so I think all of them will help cause they are like my children to. Ok I need to get some stuff done so I can take the kids to the park after nap time.
Old 03-07-2009, 01:05 PM   #34  
Getting my Halle bod! :)

Height: short stack

Oh lol Thanks sooo much ladies for the computer help!

Hi Heather, good to hear from you

Sassy I hope you all are settling comfortably in your new home. Have a restful weekend

Thanks Leenie for the reminder, I'm so not looking forward to losing a precious hour of sleep tonight though

Missirish it's always nice to have a break from dieting sometimes

Hope4me I'm sorry about your backache, hope you feel better soon. Good luck with your fundraiser I LOVE chocolate covered strawberries, yum

Momof5 I'm sorry you are going through this hard time.

I guess I don't have too much going on here. Harrismm & Hope4me don't work too hard and I will catch everyone else later!
Old 03-07-2009, 01:35 PM   #35  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 196/ticker/140

Hi Guys!

It's been a busy work week for me. I started off with walking one dog 3 days a week and now I have added another that is five days and am looking at adding a third for 5 days a week as well! AAAHH!!! Not really, I am completely loving it, it is the best job in the world for me. The German Shepherd that I walk three days a week takes my breath away when I see him after being away from him over the weekend because he is so beautiful...the yellow lab that I walk everyday makes me feel like the most important person in the world because he is so happy to see me. It is really helping me to have this outlet. Plus, it isn't a ton of money or anything but any time you can get paid for doing something you love...well..there just isn't anything better than that! And, so far I have been tipped like $40 and I have only been working about 2 weeks! The yellow lab has hills surrounding his house so his 30 min walk is a butt buster! I am still struggling with weight creep, I am working on figuring it out, I am doing RadiantRecovery for my sugar addiction and the "diet head" is something they try to discourage, the problem is, even though I am seeing a lot of muscle, my foot cannot take the extra weight, I have got to get it moving down, or this job is going to kill my plantar fasciitis. I have found that certain yoga moves help with the pain, I have to do down dogs several times a day. And I am making sure to do my weekly yoga and pilates classes...that is non negotiable so I am booked for my midday walks now. I was also dealing with hot flashes and poor sleep, I have started taking Evening primrose oil and I found this article in my last yoga journal that showed me three restorative poses that are supposed to help with sleep and stress...it is so working!!! I also have felt a decrease in pms since I started spending the hour relaxation...whew...I am so high maintenance!!!

Anyway! I just wanted to check in with you all! I am sorry you are having a hard time MO4.... I don't really have anything to offer you other than a virtual hug...so consider yourself hugged...

Good to see everyone! Hope you have a great weekend...here in Hawaii we don't have the time change...all the same...everyday...hehehe

Though we have been getting some nice cloudy cool weather lately! I am so in heaven!!!! lol

I need to go work out!!!

See ya peeps!
Old 03-07-2009, 07:15 PM   #36  

I took the kids to the park and kept myself moving around while there. I was doing ok till she came home from her visit and said the lady that visited her said they were leaning on her going home on her court date....now I am sick in the stomach and just want to cry and just want to go somewhere...
this totally sucks.
Old 03-08-2009, 08:06 AM   #37  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning,

SPRING AHEAD !!!

After church today I need to get my rump to Walmart for bathing suits... haaaaaaaa not me sillies, my daughter. Camp is coming up fast plus she takes swim lessons and her suits are just worn. I'm trying not to go out and spend as things are getting tight $$$ but she really needs them, no choice here.

Momof4.... they say being a Mom is the toughest job in the world but I say its the 2nd toughest. Being a Foster Mom is the toughest bless you and your family.

8 AM... wow.... time is going to fly today. So up and at it to make breakfast and get ready for church.

Have a great day Chickies

Last edited by Leenie; 03-08-2009 at 08:07 AM.
Old 03-08-2009, 10:18 AM   #38  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Hey girls - how's everybody holding up??

I'm still plodding, but finally booked a holiday for my March Break, so I'm motivated to move my butt more - yay!

Chat soon,
Heather
Old 03-08-2009, 02:22 PM   #39  

thanks Leenie.....i am starting to think your right because it is hard. At church today I just tried to stay away from everyone cause if they ask whats wrong I just wanted to cry.....I started to cry a little bit but was able to recover...ok gotta go
Old 03-08-2009, 06:35 PM   #40  

I agree with Lennie.Not many people are able to do what foster parents do.I cant imagine it myself.Our neighbors have fostered over 20 kids.Some are grown and gone.All still visit them.I hope that is what happens for you.I hope she continues to be a part of your life, and you in her life.
Old 03-08-2009, 10:34 PM   #41  

Yes she plans on visiting on weekends and asked if I could pick her up. Her mom is not happy about it and makes her feel bad. When she went on a visit at her moms house she was talking and accidently called me momma when she was talking and her sis in law lectured her. When she has actually lived with me longer than she has lived with her mom. She only lived with her mom for a few months before she went into foster care. To me it feels like you know someone has a terminal disease but you dont know when they will go. Cause I go to think when we go camping or go swimming at my moms or the beach.....etc...and then I remember she probably wont be with us then. I didn't go to church tonight just because I didn't want to be around people. This is helping me to trust and lean on God when I dont have the strength. I just feel like my heart is being ripped out of me. I never thought it would be this bad...I mean I knew it would be bad.
I am sorry other than my best friend you guys are the only ones I have talked to about this. Because even if I break down typing about it I dont feel like an idiot...Sorry I am so stuck on it I just and having a hard time. I had to fake like everything was ok today just to keep myself from breaking down. Being on of the pastor's wives in the church it was hard because I still had to smile and talk to everyone or they think I dont like them.... I hope she will have to stay until the end of the school year gives us a little more time with her. I know she is a different and better person now. She is not the same girl that came in here. She was so hurt and wounded from other foster homes, she cut, No one helped her get thru the death of her father....Just so much stuff and now she is so much stronger and atleast I KNOW she knows what is right and wrong and how to make the right choices!

Ok enough for tonight. I am gonna go talk to you ladies later..Thanks for your support.
Old 03-08-2009, 10:43 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Hi all,
It has been a little while. I had my little baby girl on Feb 12th. Some of you may remember that I was having a difficult pregnancy. Well everything went well with the delivery. She is beautiful and all of my other problems went away right after delivery. My gestational diabetes went away which I am so greatful for. We named her Eva and she was 7lbs 10 oz and 19 3/4" long.

Mom of 4 I am so sorry to hear about foster daughter. I hope all goes well and you have peace with it in the end.

Talk with you all later.

Trish
Old 03-08-2009, 11:59 PM   #43  

trish congrats on the baby. I am glad everything got better for you after the delivery!!! Enjoy the little one!!!
Old 03-09-2009, 03:04 AM   #44  

Height: 5'6"

Congratulations Trish!! What wonderful news!!

Momof4 so sorry you are having to go through this.

Hey Raven good to see you again!

Big hello's to everyone else.
Old 03-09-2009, 11:27 PM   #45  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

hi all.

I am just bummed. Stupid but I am just really sick of people always coming and talking to my best friend or if I'm with my DH they only talk to him, not me. I know its mostly my own fault because I've been told that I am "unapproachable" and most people think I'm mad at the world. I've never just been a smiley person. I remember working in retail and fast food and the customers would always tell me to smile...........I guess that is why this job is perfect, they don't see me, only hear my voice..............

I dunno just kinda sick of it. I know its all my doing and I could change it myself, but I dunno just bummed.

I hope your all well.
Closed Thread