Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 12:38 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Height: 5'4"

Well I started the video 30day shred with jillian....yep totally killed me...I only stopped a few times but I pushed thru. I have been concentrating on my eating so much that I have not done much excercise so its time to do that now...I guess thats how it works. Nothing much going on here other that screaming fighting kids!!! GOTTA LOVE IT!! ok lata
Old 03-25-2009, 06:21 PM   #107  
Just keep moving ...

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: Just short enough (aka 5'4")

Hiya - thanks for the welcome back chickies!

Ugh - Hope! don't remind me I only have 3 weeks to do my taxes. hahaha. I'm usually one of those people that files the week I get my W2s, but not this year! Mine are going to be complicated too, with income in two states, and wierd moving stuff, etc. I'm glad you'll get a break, though, when its over!

Buddly - more or less just Lucky, I guess I dropped my exercise habit when my schedule went all kookoo, and without that, my meds aren't enough to stabilize me, I guess. Plus, I moved closer to school so I gon't get the daily bike ride I was getting at the old place. I'm glad the celexa is working for you! How are A, B, and C?

Mof4 - yay! on the SHRED!! The first day of a new workout always kciks my bum. Hm, I should probably work on getting my bum kicked, come to think of it!

Btrflygrl - When do you plan to take the LSATs? Prepping for those big tests always drives me batty. No wonder your sleep is eratic with all that studying. Anymore, I sleep in chunks whenever I can between bouts of studying. Haha, I made it sound like the flu... apt comparison.

Anywho, I'm actually in spring break this week. Sortof. My program has SO much reading, that the only way to really make it through the quarter is to get a head start on it all before classes begin, so that's my plan. Read until I'm cross-eyed! At least I can drive out to the beach to do it if I choose.

I remembered to take my meds this am, hooray! For a while I was back at the stage of depression where I couldn't seem to remember to take them everyday, which of course only makes it worse. Normal rituals seem to be one of the first things to go for me...

Anyway, I better run - Thanks all for welcoming me home.

Amarie
Old 03-26-2009, 09:52 PM   #108  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Oooh - all my chickies are a-hiding!! Come out, come out... wherever you are!

I'm doing well - on plan, back to my running - s'all good in my world this week, thank goodness!

Sending hugs to those who need 'em today!

Heather
Old 03-26-2009, 10:16 PM   #109  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Hi girls,

I have cramps and pms. Need I say more?

Heather, I can't even imagine getting on track. It is such a distant and foreign thing at this point. I can see some exercise, but eating right? Nope, can't even imagine it.
Old 03-28-2009, 12:18 PM   #110  

did well on the 30ds yesterday I think I might do it today or next week start everyday cause I am not as sore and it was easier yesterday. I mean it was work but I think I only too like a second break!! nothing much here house work. blah...ok lata
Old 03-28-2009, 03:04 PM   #111  
Just keep moving ...

Hi chickies

Hi Heather! Good to see you

I am sitting in front of my happy lite, drinking my coffee (with which I took my Pzac) chatting with my favorite chickies... the dy looks bright. In a bit I will walk to the office (its only like 20 min) and work on some projects.

Yesterday I did yard work, and boy did it kick my fanny! I am OUT OF SHAPE. Time to fix that. My plan for the quarter: start running again (from scratch), yoga twice a week, and walk the dogs at least 3 times a week (they need it as much as I do!) I think I can handle it, in fact I know I can.

Laters!
Old 03-28-2009, 06:01 PM   #112  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 196/ticker/140

Hello Peeps!

Amarie! Yay! Good to see you! Sorry you have been feeling bad though. I haven't been around much either. MIL is in town and keeping us busy...plus, I am still walking the puppies...well one puppy right now, but he is my fave one! I have a horrible cold/flu/don't know what the **** it is but it has knocked me on my butt for the last couple of days... Just trying to breathe is a chore, so sitting here drinking my tea...ugh.. I even had to bow out of a glass bottom boat ride this morning because I just wasn't up to it. Also, our DVR crapped out and we have had a huge drama with DH trying to get the new system up and working, our living room looks like a disaster area!

Good news is I have returned to my previous workouts (well, when I'm not dead sick anyway) and have dropped a couple pds so far. I backed off while working my program for the sugar addiction, thinking my exercise my trigger me, but what I have discovered is that as long as I balance the workouts with relaxation/meditation it balances me just fine. I am also returning to keeping a closer eye on the calories to see what is going on there.

Sorry guys...the couch is calling...hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Raven
Old 03-29-2009, 06:54 PM   #113  
Getting my Halle bod! :)

Height: short stack

Hello, I can't believe the weekend is almost over. I worked and other than that didn't do much but at least I finally got to catch up on some sleep. I don't have a date for the test yet but I'm giving myself plenty of time to study for sure! Hope4me, I hope you are feeling a bit better now...thank goodness it only comes once a month! Momof4under5 keep up with the good work, I've heard ppl have great results with the 30ds! I'm trying to start working out again too Amarie. I'm hoping it will help with my depression! Raven I hope you feel better soon.
Well take care everyone, I'm out!
Old 03-29-2009, 09:45 PM   #114  

Yeah this week I am going to hammer the 30ds!!

We watched mosters vs alien 3D today. My 4 and 6 yr old loved it!! It was good!!

Been a long day way way tired so I am gonna go I am gonna crash soon!!
Old 03-30-2009, 12:53 PM   #115  
Just keep moving ...

Yello all.

I could NOT wake up this morning - I think I hit the snooz alarm for over an hour. Wow. 'Course I was up most of the night - dogs kept wanting outside, etc.) Then I read from about 2-4am, so I suppose that could be why I was still tired this morning

No real plan for the day - just gonna see what happens. I'll work on planning later

See yas! Oh, and Happy Monday!
Old 03-30-2009, 09:35 PM   #116  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Hi all!

Sorry - crazy busy day - thinking of you, my chickies! Will check in properly tomorrow!

Heather
Old 03-30-2009, 10:38 PM   #117  

had a break down today. I missed some meds over the weekend here and there. Was busy and just forgot. I have done great with meds until this weekend. Well today I did nothing and felt like crap ate like crap. I have been drinking pepsi and eating junk. I did awesome for like almost 4 weeks then my dd start cooking all the time and not really caring how much calories and then he did try but he still kept making a LOT of stuff and every day i would screw up so I just gave up. I was tired of feeling crappy and guilty for eating stuff I shouldnt. So when he got the recipe to make the pork he told me how many calories and I was just like I dont care. Hes like mom thats no way to be. I was like whatever. So he came over and asked why I was feeling like that and I told him so he is going to start tracking his calories also and eat healthy. I am afraid though because it took me some time to get up the momentum and motivation to do it I dont know if I can get it back. Just very frustrated...ok lata
Old 03-30-2009, 10:47 PM   #118  
Getting my Halle bod! :)

Height: short stack

Oh I hate Mondays! I'm so tired, but I've gotta keep pushing myself! I did an hour on the treadmill earlier this morning and I'm already sore....I Really need to get into shape! I can't believe it's almost the end of the month. I'm off to do some laundry and try to prep for tomorrow
xo
Old 03-30-2009, 11:06 PM   #119  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 196/ticker/140

Well Chickies,

I am indeed feeling better this morning... I am still taking the Zicam...I credit that stuff for this mess not going down into my chest like it did the last time! Today being Monday I had to get up and get DH off to work...yes...that means 5 am! I made his lunch and everything...how cool am I? :P I also had my one dog to walk today and that split up my day really nice. It was a nice 30 min hillwalk followed by some wonderful yellow lab love...aww...who wouldn't feel better after that! I came home, had lunch, and took a siesta for a good chunk of the afternoon. But! I have been slowly getting my laundry caught up and had change the sheets because of all the germs and snot! EWWWW!!! So, I still sound horrible voice wise but feeling about a million times better...my energy has still taken a hit but I figure that will just take a little more time!

MO4- You are really brave to go to the Monsters Vs Aliens movie! The last kid movie I went to was Race to Witch Mtn (mmmm Duane Johnson...) and this horrible family behind made tons of noise...and the one little girl actually stuck her hand on the back of my head! All I could think of was...buttery popcorn or sticky candy all over my newly colored hair!!! UGH!!!

Amarie....oh Amarie...WAKE UP!!! hehehe Sorry, had to be done!

Good to see ya Heather!

Thanks for the thoughts butterflygurl!

Gotta go get some dinner...at least I can taste (mostly) today!

Raven
Old 03-31-2009, 10:58 PM   #120  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Hi everybody,

I had the day off today. I spent it with df. We saw a movie and ate out tonight. I feel bad b/c I have a friend coming to town this weekend so I should have spent it cleaning. One day off just isn't enough. If you relax you don't get anything done that you need to do. If you clean the house you are upset b/c you didn't have any free time on your day off. Whine, whine, whine.

Hope you all had a good day today.
Closed Thread