Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2002, 08:21 PM   #1  
SAHM Cheerbabe

Wink Klonzapam

I recently had a bad bout with anyiety/depression and coe(compulsive over eating) this drug has worked wonders for me. Is anyone else using it? How has it worked for you?
Old 05-22-2002, 10:53 AM   #2  

Hi LilBit,

I think this is a drug I took for awhile, a long time ago. Was known as Klonopin then. This belongs to a class of drugs called benzodiazapines. There are a lot of people who swear by these drugs and a lot that will condem them. For the most part, benzodiazapines have replaced barbituates for medical use since they have been considered safer and more effective. I personally found they helped me quite a bit. I did not want to stay on them forever, however. They do have a sedating effect and that isn't always desirable... especially when you have to work, drive a car.. etc. I eventually got off of them with the help of cognitive therapy. I occasionally have a bout of anxiety, but nothing like I had before. I still take a separate medication for depression, as that is a life long affliction for me , I suspect.

Good Luck
Closed Thread