Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2002, 08:51 PM   #1  

Angry Another New Girl

Hi Everyone, my name is Mary. I am 22yrs old, and live around the Twin Cities area.

As you have probably already guessed, I have a problem with Depression. Self-image tends to be a particularly strong issue for me. I used to engage in SI (Self Injury). Occasionally, the urges are too much to resist.

As far as dieting is concerned, my goal is to lose 10lbs of fat and gain 10lbs of muscle. Diet and exercise have been helpful in combating Depression. So I guess I am doing this for multiple reasons.

Anyway, i'm looking foward to making new friends on here.
~Mary
Old 04-10-2002, 08:13 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Welcome Mary,

Glad you can join us here. We're glad to meet you.

Love, Leens
Old 04-10-2002, 11:20 AM   #3  

Default Welcome Mary

Welcome to the group. We are a small, but growing group of ladies (well, so far I think it is only ladies) who are battling clinical depression as well as weight! Glad you could join us and hope you will stick around.
Old 04-10-2002, 11:36 AM   #4  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

WELCOME!!!

You are definitely not alone!! Lots of people here dealing with the same issues. Jump in and start posting!!!
Old 04-11-2002, 05:19 PM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

Hi Mary, and welcome!

Depressed and overweight? You've come to the right place.
What are your plans for weight loss and muscle gain? Let us know how and what you're doing... we're here to support you.
take care...
ellis
Old 04-12-2002, 04:01 PM   #6  

Thanks for the responses.

I originally started with Body For Life, but decieded to move on to another program from ABCbodybuilding.com. The program is very similiar to Body For Life, but you work more specific muscle groups.

I started a couple weeks ago (with some cheating inbetween.), and tend to alternate between 140-136lbs. When your gaining muscle, the scale isn't the best instrument to use to meaure success.

I am not very overweight. I am trying more to get my body in shape, toned and healthy. Right now I appear a bit sloppy, and it's not very helpful towards my self-esteem.

~Mary
Old 04-15-2002, 12:23 AM   #7  

Wink Hi Mary!

Welcome, I am fairly new too but these ladies! Dentrassi, Lindat, Lizabee, Ellis, Leens, Big Sis, Kriss - Geeez the List goes on they are all wonderful people! And you are in the right place for encouragement!

Welcome!

Lil Sis
Old 04-15-2002, 09:02 AM   #8  

Height: 5'-2"

Hi everyone!

Excuse my ignorance, Mary... what are the Twin Cities?
Do you have some kind of an exercise schedule? Do you take medication?

I biked yesterday for 20 minutes. Doesn't sound like much, but I've just started my second week of biking. We're riding at a good pace, and it's windy along the river! It's a good workout.
We're going to go for a longer ride tomorrow, but I'm going to have to decrease my pace a bit... I was really winded yesterday.

I have to start doing some resistance training, too. I've got about 50 pounds to lose, and on top of it, I'm really out of shape heart/lungs-wise. And my fat is jiggly. Yuck!

going to drink more water... have a good day everyone...
ellis
Closed Thread