Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 07:10 AM   #31  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Hi all

No time for personals, but I am thinking of you all. My life has become more and more bizarre and surreal by the day -almost by the hour... and it's very tiring.

I am back to work, but the hour's commute means I have to retrain my body to sleep earlier - and it's not listening yet!! I am doing a LOT of driving, not just the commute.

So - not eating brilliantly, not running () and generally fighting feeling a bit sorry for myself - no reason, so no excuse!

It's lovely to meet the new people -welcome

Hope to post properly soon!
Heather
Old 09-04-2008, 08:08 AM   #32  
stand-up philosopher

S/C/G: 276/260/???

Height: 5'7"

to buddly.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:36 AM   #33  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

G'Morning

Heather dolly, its good to see you. I know what you mean about traveling, getting up early, etc... My natural alarm clock goes off at 5 AM every day so believe me when I say, you'll get there lol

at all the other chickies... have a wonderful day.

Leenie
Old 09-04-2008, 11:53 AM   #34  

Height: 5'6"

Thanks tera.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 09-04-2008, 01:37 PM   #35  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Talking Hi Peeps!

Hi Peeps!

Well TG its over!! UGH. I am just so exhausted....... Was a busy week with training the new girl + we had 2 new accounts that went live this week too, so it was BUSY, BUSY, BUSY!

I stayed up to see DH off to his interview. Its for a position at the Children's Hospital. He REALLY wants it so if you all could please manage a few extra vibes I'd greatly appreciate it!!!! He wore his new suit today we got him at the Outlet Mall, he looked so handsome.....

So now I am going to go and crash cuz I am exhausted!!! It takes a lot out of you having to train someone + the extra work of having more work to do as well!! lol.

So Sassy is out Ya'All, "Nighty Night!" lol.

Old 09-04-2008, 02:07 PM   #36  
stand-up philosopher

Talking

Ok, i just did some lunchtime backreading and...

Sassy: Heya, gal. Sometimes people just click! I'm glad you found someone you could connect with. If you're gut is telling you she's cool, then she probably is! Trust the gut!

Wishing lots of luck to your DH!!!

Also, Leenie is right. Call the doctor about the mystery lump. Chances are very good it's nothing dangerous, but in the rare instance that it is life-threatening, the earlier you get it tested, the better your prognosis.

Leenie: Thanks for the welcome! I'm loving this place! Best smilies I've ever seen!
Old 09-04-2008, 11:27 PM   #37  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Hi everybody,

I had to close tonight so I didn't get home until about 9:30. Luckily I'm off tomorrow. We don't have any exciting plans unless you count mowing the yard and possibly shampooing the carpet. I can hardly wait!

TTYL
Old 09-05-2008, 08:35 AM   #38  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Wink Hi All

Morning Chicks.

I have been an absolute bum lastnight and this morning......(I'm off now until Sunday Night) Just sooo tired from the week at work...........Phew.

I need to get some energy up to get some cleaning done...............This place is a mess! DH said he is going to get some Oven Cleaner today, man our oven is a nightmare! lol. I told him we should just break it to get a new one, but he said they have a stockpile of old ones here...... So I was like oh well guess gotta clean it then. I told him to get me a big bottle of bleach for the bathroom. I wish there was a way to like put the cleaner in one of those spray thingys that the bug man uses and just spray down the entire bathroom, it'd be easier! lol.

Well DH said his interview went well. The Manager said that there is a total of 5 people (including DH) who are interviewing for this position, so he said it would be 2-3 weeks before they make a decision..........DH also remembered that he forgot to go to take a test for another job on Wed. I think they only have this test like once a year.......Oh well, I forgot about it too.............Maybe it was meant for him to forget it............

Thanks Leenie and Tera and everybody, but you wanna know something terribly embarrassing about my "lump"? It is my RIB CAGE! I guess I haven't felt it in so long I didn't even know what it felt like! But I just went to feel it Wed. night at work and I was like, "Wait a minute...........that isn't a lump, that is my bone!!!" I even sucked in my belly to feel it again to be absolutely sure and yup its my bone. Boy do I feel dumb. lol. But I would have felt even more stupid to go to the dr and he'd be like, "Ummmmmm that is your rib cage." Can u imagine? I will keep feeling and I will also have my DH feel too (he was a paramedic/firefighter & worked in the hospital) just to be absolutely sure, but I am pretty sure its my rib cage cuz when I press I can now feel it........

Tera -- Yeah I am so relieved that me and the new chick are getting along. I guess she was worried just like I was. Only thing I am worried about is towards the end of our shift on Thursday morning I was getting extremely tired and um cranky, esp with all the "Daywalkers" (Dayshift people ) there.

Plus I found out one annoying habit that the new girl has -- she pops her gum, which drives me totally insane! So between those two, I was just ready to get the you know what out of there and so when it was time to leave, she said to me, "You go home and get some rest, you look like your really tired" and I know that was a nice way of saying, "You look like your about to blow a gasket, go home." But I just hope she understands that I was just sooooo tired and when I am tired, I get VERY cranky. lol. If not, she will learn soon enough.

I kinda wear my emotions on my sleeve, as my mom always said. I just can't help it. If I am p.oed. everybody knows it, if I am sad, everybody knows it and if I am happy, yup everybody knows it. lol. And also I noticed that my attitude seems to affect everybody around me if I am mad or sad and quiet, then so is everyone around me. I guess they are in fear for their lives that if they say something to me I will bite their heads off. lol. Only people who are "Brave" enough to talk to me when I am in that state of mind is my DH, my mom, and my "Work Husband" as my DH calls him, but as I told DH, he is no longer my "work husband" anymore since they moved me. So DH said, "Now you have a "Work Wife" So Sunday night when we go back to work I may have to explain about me but her being a woman, she probably is aware of it. lol. But also with this PCOS, it makes me even moodier than I am normally too, so that doesn't help.....But yes I am a moody person, shocking , I know. lol. I try really hard to stay positive and I did all week at work, even with all the ciaos, just the last hr I just kinda "cracked" lol. I believe it was the gum popping that did it and I may just have to tell her that drives me crazy because we work together too much now to get on each others nerves, even though I know its inevitable. I know its a matter of time before I get on her nerves, if I haven't already. lol.

She seems like a very open person, so I think it will be ok. I will just tell her "please tell me if I ever do anything to get on your nerves or if I do something that hurts your feelings or p's you off." that way we can discuss it and get over it. With my "Work Husband" as my DH called him, he just would ask me out right, "What is wrong?" lol. Just like my "Real" DH does. lol. So I tell them and then feel better than I'm fine. lol. So I guess if I would have just turned around Thurs. morning and asked her to pls not to pop her gum, that would have helped me not have been such a crank. lol.

When DH came home from his interview I asked him to stop and get me something from one of our favorite restaurants that we don't get to eat at very often. Infact I believe the last time was about 1 yr or maybe even 2 yrs ago! So yes it wasn't healthy and yes I ate it and we also had a Pizza Party for one of our coworkers who is getting married on Saturday. I only had 3 pieces all night and I work 12.5 hrs so I don't think that is too bad? I did eat crazy bread though and I know that is really bad........but it wasn't a lot.......I also ate one Turtle Brownie that my DH made for me to bring to work. My new coworker ate 3 brownies and the guys I used to work with ate the rest! lol.

But good news!! My Eating Clean Book (by Tosco Reno) came yesterday. So I plan on reading that.

Well I have rambled on and on......... lol.

Have a Great Friday!!!

Old 09-05-2008, 10:46 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Height: 5'4"

wow i am doing AWFUL...The worst I have done since like the beggining of the year. Since its going on like two weeks of no medicine I thought I was going to be ok but oh wow...I am not. I went to bed at 11 last night and was up at 8 even though I didnt want to be..I am sooo tired...all I want to do is sleep. I did half of their school work this morning and I cant hardle keep myself awake. This is what I was like before I got on the wellbutrin. I thought it was the lexapro doing it but i still feel that way. I am going to go get my medicine. I was going to get it last night but they were closed before I got there. I was feeling really drowsy last night and figured it would be rough today......UGhh. i feel AWFUL....and have a wedding rehearsal to go to tonight..UGHH...and the wedding is tomorrow....So like I have to be all chipper and awake...i just want to take a really really long nap and do absolutely NOTHING today...ok lata
Old 09-05-2008, 12:44 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

hey momof4under5 - i just wanted to say that what you are experiencing is withdrawal symptoms. you cannot go cold turkey of these meds without experiencing a lot of HECK and probably feel you are losing your mind to boot!!

if someone needs to come off a psych med (or find out the actual cause of their depression/mental problems is from a thyroid problem and is properly treated for that and then needs to come off the psych meds) it needs to be done very slowly and most have found that what works best is the 10% water filtration method - which is basically a 10% reduction of the med about every 2 weeks or so, until stabilized and then another 10% reduction is done!

People go cold turkey off these meds and then have terrible side effects and then think well surely they need the meds if they feel so badly - but again - it is withdrawal symptoms. I'm not saying you don't need the meds (bec I do not know what you do or do not need) -but I'm just saying if you decide you don't need the meds you have to withdraw off them very very slowly!!!

here is an link explaining water filtration if you feel at some point you need to come off a med

http://forums.realthyroidhelp.com/vi...c.php?f=3&t=23

hope this helps,
Cathy

Last edited by cathyxxx; 09-05-2008 at 12:48 PM.
Old 09-05-2008, 01:18 PM   #41  
stand-up philosopher

Hello, chickies!

It's feeling like a lazy day to me, even though it's really only been a lazy couple of hours. This morning I started my new morning routine, per FLYLady's recommendation and when my hubby got up an hour after I did, I was already ready to make a productive day of it. We sat down with our list of necessary expenditures (being broke like crazy means we don't get everything we need as soon as we need it) and set our priorities. I don't now how long it will take to finally get everything on it, but at least we've got a good idea of what's most urgent for our wellbeing so we won't keep letting the easier, less expensive and less important things keep getting in the way of the really big important stuff (like updating our eye prescriptions).

I intended to come over to Mom's house and immediately take my quiz and test in Biology I, but Norton decided it urgently needed to scan the computer, so I told it to go to it and I'll get started on tests once it's done. This afternoon, I'll pick hubby up from work and we'll get a new mop and some toothbrushes. Then home to watch a marketing video for the business.

Feeling a bit sleepy now, even though I got a really good night's sleep and woke feeling refreshed. Hmm.

Sassy: What a relief that it wasn't a lump! And what a great NSV, that you're able to feel those bones!

mom of 4: Cathy has a point about withdrawal. Is there any way you can get to a doctor about your prescriptions?

Ok, I'm going to maybe take a nap but probably not.
Old 09-05-2008, 03:19 PM   #42  
Just keep moving ...

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: Just short enough (aka 5'4")

Hey all - no time to chat but wanted to pop in to say hey. Still buried under a major pile of homework, and exhausted to boot. Hopefully things will clear up soon. Maybe.
Old 09-05-2008, 03:28 PM   #43  
stand-up philosopher

Wow, Amarie, that didn't take long! Classes just started and already you're swamped! Good luck, hon. :
Old 09-05-2008, 03:36 PM   #44  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

Hey buddly, hope you're feeling better today

Amarie - Remember to give yourself some free time too. I know how you feel though, first week back and already I've alot of work to do What are you studying? (Sorry if I've already asked o awful memory)

Just popping into say hi. I'm not doing too badly, just my scale isnt going anywhere and I'd really like it to move now.. never mind, I just need to stay OP. I'm doing studio work next week which for me has always been very stressful and difficult, so I'm hoping I can deal with that and stay calm without having to go to the pub before hand then brush off my wonky out of focus pictures as 'artistic' .

Last edited by Spoz; 09-05-2008 at 03:39 PM.
Old 09-05-2008, 10:57 PM   #45  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Hi ladies,

I should be heading to bed soon because I have to work early tomorrow. I was off today and we didn't get anything done. We ate breakfast out and went to the movies. We saw 'Traitor' with Don Cheatle, it was good. We did buy a bissle rug shampooer, just haven't used it yet.

We are finally getting some rain since the tropical storm is moving up the eastern coast. We need it badly. Our grass will probably be over our head before we get to mow it, but that's ok. My pool league starts up this coming Tuesday. It'll be nice to see everybody again.

Momof4 , Buddly , and Heather

Gotta run.
Closed Thread