Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 07-28-2008, 09:41 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Wink Weekly Chat - July 28th - August 3rd

Good Morning

WOWEEE August is right around the corner... where is summer going

How are you ladies ? did you have a wonderful weekend?

Nothing is planned for this week, just puddling along lol.

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 12:21 PM   #2  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Wink Afternoon Chicks!

Afternoon Chicks!!

UGH almost August, Already!!! Pretty soon we'll be singing "Jingle Bells"

Well Here I am home..........Guess who stopped down this morning to see me, at work? My NEW supervisor! He is VERY nice! He is gonna work on our schedules that got screwed up with our previous management.....So I am very hopeful. Can we all do a "Keep my supervisor dance???" lol.

DH is out running errands and job searching today. I sent him a bunch of jobs and he applied to those this morning.

Well I guess I should go to bed now. I don't wanna. I feel like a little kid who doesn't want to go to bed. lol. I don't wanna. lol..............Ah well only two more nights this week and I'm off again!!!

Have An Awesome Monday!!!

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 01:14 PM   #3  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

Wow, I'm 18 this August! I'm absolutely dreading it too, i planned to be 130 lbs or so but I'm 160. But nevermind!

How is everybody else doing? Leenie, surely you're doing more than 'puddling along' lol, either way all I do during weeks are read and eat then work two days, so I guess I'm puddling along too
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 01:33 PM   #4  
Just keep moving ...

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: Just short enough (aka 5'4")

Morning!

Lauren - here's hopin 18 is an awesome year for you! Don't let yourself get too caught up in stressin that you haven't gotten where you wanted to be - you are where you are and comparing it to some old plan just takes you out of the moment. Trust me - I got experience in this

I think I'm getting another crack at being 18 -12 years late. At 18 I was all caught up in being ahead of myself, and lived like a 30 year old, so I guess its only fair I get another chance at 18 now that I'm 30. In the next year I plan on 1) moving away from home to go to school, 2) getting some independence from family, 3) falling in love at least once - if that doesn't sound like an 18 year old, I don't know what does.

Sassy - here's another dancer for your party!

Leenie - puddling along doesn't sound too bad. As a kid I used to love jumping in puddles!!!!

Ack - gotta run, I'll be back later to report on my weekend.

Amarie
Amarie2pt0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 01:54 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Height: 5'4"

Did i mention I hate mondays....Mondays are like the hardest...I have to kick myself back into routine. I had an good vacation...nice time out. Bad part is I only took two days of med last week so I have like no meds. The meds really help me with my energy and moods and stuff....Oh yeah after being worried for more than a week tom came in town...So like i got blasted today with Tons and tons of laundry, Completely TRASHED house, Tons of phone calls to make, TOM in town and sooo not feeling good and still tired cause I was awake every few hours last night couldnt sleep right. I finally slept in my boys lighting mcqueen bed with the air on and slept ok until my husband scared me and I almost punched him...LOL...

So i think I am going to just clean the kitchen back up and run the sweeper then lay down with the kids for nap...my eyes are starting to get heavy!! ok lata chicas!!
momof4under5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 04:02 PM   #6  
Just keep moving ...

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: Just short enough (aka 5'4")

Ok, I'm back. And I've caught up on weekend posts, too, so a couple quick shout outs:

Sassy - I am so sorry to hear about dh's job situation. But wanted to say yay to you for not turning to food to fix stress. You totally rock.

Mof4 - Eek! I read today's post before the weekends' so I knew the outcome, but you must have been so stressed! No wondered you are all tuckered out. at the image of your zonked out on a kid's car-theme bed and waking up and knocking your hubby's lights out - glad it didn't happen, but it woulda made great tv!

Alright, my report on the weekend. I got a LOT done, which is fabulous, but it somehow only seemed to highlight how much more I have to do I got the garage cleaned out (kinda). THere's still a bunch of stuff I need to figure out what to do with, but at least its mostly sorted, and I have some storage options. Because I did that all weekend I didn't get any of the painting done, so that will be my job tonight. Speaking of paint - my major accomplishment this weekend was to open and dry all the paint cans I had stored in my house - some of them have to be REALLY old, they were nasty. Anyway, that cleared up a lot of space.

I also stopped myself from buying another kayak - it was a screaming deal and included all the gear, but 1) I already have a kayak, and 2) I already have the gear, so I'm really proud of myself for stopping in time. Maybe, just maybe the bleeding wallet can stop now - then again, I did just spend $70 on 2 wraps to go with my formal dress - but I'll return one of them tomorrow (whichever I don't like).

Anyway, I might not be around much at all next week and the week after. I'll try, but I don't know how easy it will be for me to get online. Next week is vaca, and then I'm at a conference. But I WILL try.

Anyway, love you all!
Amarie2pt0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 05:44 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 210/187/160

Height: 5'7

Good Afternoon everyone! I'm trying to make it through the summer. It is so hot here. I am so bored. I cannot wait until school begins.
Ambrosia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 05:58 PM   #8  
Less Juicey

S/C/G: 246/135

Height: 5'5"

Question Dealing with Clutter and Depression?

There's possibly a connection among clutter, depression, and weight gain. Reference: Walsh and Tolin's books on hoarders and keepers of clutter. Is anyone attempting to deal with this issue? My house is driving me crazy. I have stacks and stacks of "stuff" I move around on a regular basis, but can't find a place to put or get rid of. I feel anxious and depressed (and want to get in bed) when I see the "stuff" or even think about the "stuff." But it's ridiculously hard to get off my duff and do something with it.

Today I really couldn't stand it and parked the rolling bin outside of my front door and threw in stacks of magazines - some of them ten years old! I filled the bin about a third of the way full - and that's about a quarter of the magazines in my house. I filled a shopping bag with paperbacks to trade-in; I do that regularly because I love to read.

Anybody else working on this or have any experience with this?

(I'm beginning the second week of Atkin's induction - and have a rolling bin of fat to lose.)
sandyfanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 06:01 PM   #9  

Feeling lousy...crampy and nauseous (sp??) blah...I have so much to do just cant make myself do it...UGHHH...ok catch ya lata...
Old 07-28-2008, 08:12 PM   #10  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Sandy, a few of us regulars here struggle with clutter and the power to clear it out. I think there is a connection between clutter and depression, I just don't know which comes first. I do know that one feeds the other though. Sometimes I can deal with it and sort it out and other times I just want to hide from it. I really have to take advantage of the times I feel like tackling it.
In my experience when I'm taking care of myself by eating right and exercising I'm better at keeping it under control. (That would not be now however. )

Long day again. I'm getting ready to heat up dinner and do my bills. Aren't you all jealous?
hope4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 10:40 PM   #11  

hope-you can do my bills for me too!!!

SO FLIPPING crampy...not only was it late but so very crampy and i am hardly ever this bad...ughhh...i need to re color my hair but i dont even have the umph to do that even. usually that is like something that I jump at cause i like to do it...well i gotta run to take a movie back and i think i am gonna get a donut..... dont you even look at me like that!!! LOL I want a flipping cream filled donut and a big fat PEPSI...would be a dew but i would never go to sleep cause they tend to keep me up way late...When TOM is in town he always wants donuts and soda...and other bad things...HAHA...ok lata girls!!!
Old 07-28-2008, 11:15 PM   #12  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 196/ticker/140

Default Hey Chicas!!!

Howzit Peeps!

Crazy busy today...housework...catching up with friends' drama...Yoga class etc etc...I am doing dinner as I am typing this too... Multitask...who me??
I can't believe it is almost August either!! This summer really is flying by.

I do think clutter can contribute to obesity...depression...etc... I think it makes everything more overwhelming...and you are already feeling overwhelmed.

Ooh!!! Guess what!!! My heels went all the way down for the first time today in down dog in yoga class.... I was so excited to feel that rug underneath my heel!!! It was amazing!!! Awesome class...and I think they may be going to try to start a meditation class as well... I would LOVE that!!!I meditate anyway but I think the energy would just be incredible in an actual class!!! Yay!

Hey Mom...sorry about TOM...I am glad that you are ummm less stressed now though!!! I used to have massively bad cramps...horrible..and really bad eating binges and moods as well two weeks prior...since I started my new food plan though my last TOM was nothing...I took two pills for cramps...on different days...I still worked out...no binges...no moods...my family didn't know WHAT to think!!

You know Sandy...I get lots of magazines too...I ended up taking a bunch of my old fitness ones out to the YMCA for them to put out in the workout rooms...(though I think the girls in the office may have picked through them first) They were happy...I was happy...win win!

Amarie! Great job on the wallet control!! I really have to learn that one... Not so good sometimes! Hey, who said you could go on vacation from us? I don't remember signing that memo! lol

Hey Sassy...glad the new supervisor is cool you could use some good stuff for a change right now...good luck to your DH on the job search...

luv luv Everybody!!

Last edited by Ravengirl; 07-29-2008 at 12:05 AM. Reason: typo!!!
Ravengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 11:44 PM   #13  

Raven-ill have to do your food plan...LOL

This town sucks...all the grocery stores sell out of cream filled (powdered donuts) at like 1 in the afternoon...hmm you think you would start making more...duhhhh...so I didnt get a powdered cream filled...i got a chalupa from taco bell turned around to get it...LOL....oh well...I usually only get the cravings before tom comes but i guess this is all different...

ok gonna go watch a movie and relax lata
Old 07-29-2008, 06:16 AM   #14  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Morning - no time, no time... will try to pop in tonight!
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 01:13 PM   #15  
Less Juicey

S/C/G: 246/135

Height: 5'5"

Cool De-cluttering...

I'm not talking about a "bunch" of magazines. I'm talking about the half of a big rolling garbage bin filled with nothing except magazines I've gotten rid of since yesterday afternoon. I still have three big stacks (each 18" or so) to go. Too many for me to take anywhere! I will, though, take your suggestion and take them to school for my students (high school juniors and seniors love magazines) as I finish reading them...no more stacks allowed.

I'm cleaning up my bedroom now and feeling a bit less overwhelmed. Thanks, all.
sandyfanny is offline   Reply With Quote