Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 03-13-2008, 08:28 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Aloha Gang

I made it back late Sunday nite and I've tried to get in here every day (cuz I've missed you people!!!!) and then I can't find a minute to get in here. It's ridiculous to be this busy really

Liz - DANG IT'S GOOD TO SEE YA!!!!! i think about you all the time and wonder how you are doing and what you are up to. Soooooooo how are you doing and what are you up to? it's great to have you back home

Leenie, Me Amarie, Heather, Sassy, Hope, Emmy and all the rest of our gang - how are y'all doing? missed you chicks!

Maui was absolutely AWESOME! the weather was absolutely perfect, no humidity, perfect temperatures and the wind was always blowing. I loved it! now why can't it be like that in Louisiana? flying was great except for all the waiting around for luggage and lay overs. Zip Lining in the mountains was AWESOME! if you ever get a chance to do that - do it! it was so cool. The catamarin sunset cruise was great! snorkeling was fun! we saw LOTS of whales even from our patio (or Lani in hawaii). The beach was just a few feet from us. It was absolutely beautiful! I had Mahi Mahi. and the pineapples were like nothing i've had before! sweet like candy and yummy good. They were $10 a piece LOL at the end of the week we finally found one for $6. Oh and I also had my first massage ever! good grief why haven't I done that before!?!?! We did lots of walking and laying out and ..... well it went by way too fast..except that I was more than ready to see my 3 guys

Me Amarie - we did eat at the Cool Cat Cafe you told me about. We all had hamburgers since we had been eating seafood all week and boy were they GOOD! then we shopped in some of the cool little shops down there :-)

ok gang I've got to do some work that i brought home bec i'm so far behind, but i'll try to get back in here tomorrow.

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 08:57 PM   #17  
Just keep moving ...

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: Just short enough (aka 5'4")

CATHY!!!

Welcome home chica! We missed you!
Amarie2pt0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 06:52 AM   #18  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Wink Happy Friday!!!

Morning All

Well my mom is once again talking about wanting to move in with us......I wish she'd make up her mind...... I know its a big decision and I've been there before, but she needs to make up her mind once and for all. I think its gonna be just like how I got here, (here being Ohio, I am from Indiana, not a huge move but still a different environment) one day something happens and you just say, "That is it" and your life changes. At least that is how it happened for me and I am glad I did it. Infact that is how I met my DH. He is from here. (Ohio)

But I know its much harder for her since she is much older and hasn't moved away from there in a long long time (way before she had me). I was only in my early 20's when I moved, so you know how young folks think. lol. Young Folks, makes me sound like I'm ancient doesn't it? lol.

Anywho, I just wanted to come in and share a site with you all that I happened upon on while looking for a recipe. Its the Quaker Oats site. They have a Weight Management portion on their site where you can sign up and get a customized eating and exercise plan. I may just try this one......It makes it easier, although it has a lot of quaker items in there. But I am sure you can substitute.......

I haven't been doing well in what I've been eating, but at least I have managed to control my portion size. That is one plus. See I am staying positive, for once. It is scary ya'all. I've been in a "positive" state of mind for about 2 weeks or so now!! That is incredible to me! I just stay focused on staying positive because being negative only brings negative things, or at least I think it does for me. I am not saying I will never ever again be negative because lets face it, I am human. But I have noticed a big change and how people respond too. It makes a huge difference. Even at work, when I found out some "frustrating" news. I did vent my frustration, but I moved on. I did not "focus" on the negative. I dunno its a very small thing but I can honestly say I am proud of me. That is a huge step for me and most of you who know me anyways, know that work was my major negative point. I am not saying that I won't have bad days, because lets face it, we all do at one point or another.

I dunno I am just rambling here........lol.

Today is supposed to be warm again, up to about 50 degrees, but its already 43, so I imagine its gonna get warmer than that!!!

Sorry I have not done individual postings yet......I will tonight..........

Have a Great Friday!!!!

WB CATHY!!!!

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 07:09 AM   #19  
~Believe~

Smile Wanted to share a Beautiful Song........

I just wanted to share a Beautiful Song I just heard:
(Click on the link to watch the video on you tube)

Mountains

By: LoneStar

Lucinda Jones workin' at the IHop
Ten years worth of bacon, eggs an' tears
She's waited on every creed an' color,
While waitin' on this day to get here
Graveyard shifts, two bit tips,
Makin' every quarter count,
Was worth it all to see her son,
In that cap an' gown

There are times in life when you gotta crawl,
Lose your grip, trip an' fall
When you can't lean on no-one else:
That's when you find yourself
I've been around an' I've noticed that,
Walkin's easy when the road is flat
Them danged ol' hills'll get you every time
Yeah, the good Lord gave us mountains,
So we could learn how to climb

Private Bobby Dunn came back from the war,
Lost his leg but they couldn't take his will
**** bent to run in that local marathon,
He trained through the endless pain an' pills
It hurt so bad that sometimes,
He just had to cry,
He didn't stop until he crossed,
That finish line

Them dang dong hills'll get you every time

This world ain't fair,
It can knock you on your butt
You can just lie there,
Or you can get back up
You gotta get back up

Them danged ol' hills'll get you every time
(The good Lord gave us mountains)
Yeah, oh
www.onlylyrics.com
Old 03-15-2008, 07:29 AM   #20  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning Ladies

I have the flu.... ick am I sick lolol, went home yesterday at 2 PM from work.....can't hold anything in and haven't eaten since Thursday night's dinner. I've managed to drink some cranberry juice, water and tea. The stomach pains are incredible and the fever doesn't help. I finally fell asleep last night at 3 AM and got up around 6 AM...can you say dizzy. I gotta get some strength to take DD to a birthday party at 11:30 today, its at an ice skating rink...oy. Anyway... thats about it for me.

Heather sorry. I know your going through a bad spot.... please pop in to or talk, we're here for you.

Cathy... wow girl, your trip sounds awesome, I'm so happy for you. Hope you got some pictures to share with me Some day I'll get to Hawaii lol.

Amarie sorry about the melt down, I had a big one last weekend, I mean BIG. I know exactly what you mean about jumping ahead of yourself...thats my problem too and thats what stops me from doing so many things I would like to do.

Emmy DDR sounds like fun but I am so uncoordinated its pathetic LOL, I'm glad you found something you enjoy to do. Thats so important. Glad you enjoyed the Xmen I don't get to watch much adult tv b/c my dd always has Disney or nick on, but from what I see thats on, I'm really not missing much am I lol.

Sassy sounds like you are doing good with your eating, your changing your portions.... one thing at a time girly one thing at a time, and portion control is a major factor in wl. I know its a hard decision for your mom to make that move....patience is what she needs. I don't know if I'd want to move in with anyone... Its hard b/c things are not yours anymore if you know what I mean. Pretty song, I'll check out the link in a few minutes.

Well girlies, I'm gonna go read up on the other boards.... have a wonderful day.

Last edited by Leenie; 03-15-2008 at 07:31 AM. Reason: spell check oy vey
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 12:29 AM   #21  
Just keep moving ...

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: Just short enough (aka 5'4")

My goodness - what a quiet week for us! Happy St Pattys day!

Sassy - I am glad your Mom is thinking about moving in again, but I'm sorry you have to deal with the anxiety and waiting that comes with her decision making process. I'd like to think I'm a rip the bandaid off kind of person, but in reality, I think I sound more like your Mom - I really have to spend time with an idea before I make up my mind. I second what Leenie said - kudos on getting the portion size thing! That's huge! (Bad pun intended)

Leenie - ugh! Rest up dear one, being sick is no fun at all! Here's hoping you feel better VERY soon. I am sorry you can relate to the getting ahead of yoursel thing, its so counterproductive, no?

I caught myself getting ahead of myself again tonight - I was sitting there looking at my weightloss graph in my journal, thinking about how many weeks til yada yada, and I realized I could either sit there thinking, or take the dogs for a walk and actually DO something toward this journney. So I did 2 miles! And it started snowing halfway through! So much for Spring, sigh...

Cathy - are you catchin up after your trip? I swear, I usually need a vacation to get over a vacation!!

Heather - I'm mentally sending you a flashlight! Hope the dark is lifting.

Emmy - hope you are enjoying your long weekend!

Hope - when are you coming home sweetie?

So I've been tired a lot since the silly time change. I've actually been napping - that's not normal. I've gotta kick this and get back in my groove - that'll be my goal for the week!

Hugs all!
Amarie2pt0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 07:01 AM   #22  
~Believe~

Hi Peeps, what up? lol.......

Well I finally colored my hair. I had the color for a while and just never did it. Well it was a mistake. I think it was the brand because I usually get something different. I keep itching and I've washed my hair like 3 x's. Plus the fact I got the freaking color all over the bathroom........Just was not a good experience. lol. And I've done it many times before with no problems. Well lets just say will be a LONG time before I do it again! lol.

Its not a drastic color, its dark auburn and my natural hair color is brown, so nothing too weird. lol. Nobody will probably even notice. Oh well. It covered the few grey's I had I guess. lol.

Boy there is drama going on at work. DH gave me the "Scoop" and men say we gossip!!! lol. Basically this one co-worker of ours is a compulsive liar and even lies to our boss. I can't believe what a liar that guy is!!! Also what amazes me is the "Liar" is our bosses little "Golden" child, he gets away with murder, infact he and the other "Golden Boy", who actually does ALL the work, so he actually is a good guy, he just sucks up to the boss so he can do what he wants.........are both going to Chicago for one week PAID by the company. Also one of them is in charge of ASSIGNING us cubes once we move downstairs to the new place we are moving too. I am like WTF? Are we in kindergarten now? R we going to have to stand up at the beginning of every shift and say the pledge of allegiance now? Well if we are going back to Kindergarten days then I want my milk and cookies dammit! lol. Oh well I go to work and "flip my burgers" as DH says and go home. lol.

I watched Fried Green Tomatoes tonight. I love that movie....."TWANDA!!!" lol. You won't know what that means unless you've seen the movie or read the book. (I think that is in the book anyways, I haven't read the book....lol) hee hee. but its cute.

Stupid idiotic neighbors were partying lastnight too. Idiots. Next time they bang on the wall because they "Think" our tv is too loud I am going to go pound on there stupid heads! lol. So I told DH to be extra annoying on his nights off. lol.

I hate annoying neighbors and I have thought about it and we've always had one in every single place we stayed. Why is that? lol. I think all the annoying neighbors should have to live next door to each other!!! lol.

Anywho.........rambling away here. lol.

It was really foggy yesterday morning!!! Holy Smokes!! It looked like we were living in London or something!!! lol. But DH made it home safe and sound. I am freaking freezing in this apt and the thermastat says it is 70 degrees! Why is it I freeze in the winter AND in the summer? When the air is on, boy is it on!! Why can't the heat be that way? Geez. Its not terribly cold out, its 34 outside but I am chilled.

Well I hate to ramble and "run" but my little fingers are beginning to freeze to the keyboard.......hee hee hee. Ttyl!!

Old 03-16-2008, 08:22 AM   #23  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Ladies,

Its a rainy day so far, but I think they said it was going to clear up today and turn sunny towards the afternoon... hope so. I'm still majorly sick, got aunt flo on top of it all...nice timing.. been in the bathroom all weekend and its making me so weak. Anyway... enuf about that.

Amarie a 2 mile walk in cold weather...thats great, bet you felt good afterwords. Everyone's been a bit off with the time change... I wish they would just leave it alone ya know. Good goal for the week

Sassy...no matter where you work your gonna run into people like slurp and burp (suck ups) they are every where and for some reason bosses love it, they lap up every stinking bit of it....sickening isn't it lol. I see it all the time at work, people just licking my bosses boots bleeeech, and after being in the work force for 26 years I can honestly say you'll never get used to seeing it lol.

Well goils..... I'm outah here... gonna get something to drink and relax on the couch.

Have a great Sunday.

Leenie
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 11:02 PM   #24  
~Believe~

Cool Happy St. Paddy's Day!!!

Hey Ya'll.

Hope you all had a Happy St. Paddy's Day!!!

Can u beleive on the way into work tonight it was freezing rain??!!! And its in the mid 40's here. Totally weird. lol.

I have been just blah. Don't feel bad or anything, not sad about anything, just blah. So I didn't do diddly on the weekend. I did watch that new show on TLC, "I can make you thin" Interesting. Really basic stuff.

1) Eat when you are hungry
2) Eat What you want -- infact he said to throw out all the low-fat, low cal stuff that you don't like!!! lol. I love this man!!! lol.
3) Eat Consiously (he says to put your fork down in between bites)
4) When you are full stop eating.

The show is going to be following people who are following his plan. He had a woman on there from India who lost 160 pounds supposedly on this. So that is basically what I have been doing even before this show. So I guess I am not totally off my rocker. Just have to be more "concious" about eating because we eat in front of the tv. That is a no-no according to him. So I have to work on that.

Anywho.......

Leenie -- Slurp and Burp. That is funny. lol. Yes they make me sick but I did get some news that our new manager is watching our boss more closely than the last one, so there is something positive at least!!! lol.......Sorry to hear your sick and AF, geez woman!!! Amazed you are even on here at all!!! Big

Hi to everybody else out there!!

Big
Old 03-18-2008, 09:43 AM   #25  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

I'm scraping by, girls - just letting you know I'm around, if not entirely here. Miss you all.
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 12:44 PM   #26  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Hi all,

Just letting you know I'm back... and I brought about 3 extra pounds with me. I'm hoping to get back on the straight and narrow today. It's so hard after I've been bad because all of my cravings have returned. I couldn't get enough to eat last night.

I'll try to catch up later.
hope4me is offline   Reply With Quote