Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 03-10-2008, 08:48 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Wink Weekly Chat - March 10th - 16th

Good Morning

Its a beautiful sunny day... whoot!!

How is everyone today.... watcha got planned for the week?

Luv yah !!!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 12:40 PM   #2  
Just keep moving ...

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: Just short enough (aka 5'4")

Default :yay:

Morning chickies!

Beautiful sunny day, here too! I had a message on my VM when I got back to work today - I got in to my interview school!

Back later
Amarie2pt0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 01:50 PM   #3  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Hi

Amarie, that's awesome! Way to go!!

Leenie, nice to see you as always... where's everybody else? Hope, how you doing, sweetie?? Buddly, and better this week??

All for now,
Heather
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 04:03 PM   #4  
Just keep moving ...

Hi again lovelies!

Heather - thanks! Whats new with you today?

I feel like I can come up for air now - today has been a bit of a whirlwind. I had a fight with my alarm clock this morning - I'm still not sure which of us won, but I got up late, so I guess I did. Then I got my GREAT school news at work today, then had to run to class. Today is my first day in the office since my coworker passed, and it was really tough - we had a memorial service for her and I bawled my eyes out. So I guess my prozac is having to work overtime to keep me on some semblance of an even keel today. If I just keep breathing the world will settle around me!

Sassy - I hope you are feeling better today Take care, sweetie!

Liz - Hi! Nice to meet you, and welcome back.

Buddly - Yeah, old crummy washers suck. I really didn't want to spend all my savings on a new one, but the seal went in the bottom of the drum, and I just couldn't risk the water damage. Its kinda sad how happy new stuff makes me. :P

Leenie, and our prodigals Cathy and Hope - have a great day!

OMG - I actually got in to grad school. Wow.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:14 AM   #5  

Thanks....good to be back

Liz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 12:45 AM   #6  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Morning Girls.

I felt like total crapola so I didn't go into work lastnight (Monday night). I have been basically sleeping or at least laying down, I haven't slept much at all. I got up and took a shower and DH is making dinner. I probably will crash in a few hours or so. Hopefully get a good sleep and then be ready for work tonight. (Tuesday night). I hated calling off but I felt like I was beat. I told DH I felt like a dirty dish rag that has been stomped on.

Well won't keep you. It got up to 40 yesterday (heatwave) and supposed to be in the mid-40's or 50's at least during the week.

Have a Great Day!!!

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 09:58 AM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning

LIZ !!!!!! welcome home.... we've missed you so much. How are you??

Amarie CONGRATS !!!!!!! WTG

Heather good to see you love.

Sassy feel better sweetie.

SOSDD today lol.... I'm not feeling as crazy as the past few days...guess the ol hormones are settling down. This going thru your changes stinks !!! lol.

At least its sunny out

Whats happening with you girls?

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 03:28 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 235/228/199

Red face

Whoops, I guess this should have gone here. I didn't even notice that last week's thread expired.

Quote:
It's been quite the week so far. I was REALLY sick over the weekend and yesterday and am now recovering. I need to resist the urge to throw myself back into everything right away. I guess the good news is that I was able to stay well under my max calorie limit per day, since I wasn't hungry! What I did eat, however, was mostly junk food, because I wasn't able to make myself eat anything else. Ooops.

The reason the weekend was really awful was that on top of my illness I was pretty depressed. I could barely get out of bed to do my job. I think I just got worn down by the loneliness up here in northern Maine, and the endless 80-hour workweeks for practically nothing (at least medical interns get paid somewhat well for working this hard, but we teaching interns don't make pittance). I needed sleep and rest and I didn't get it because I was on duty 6 night out of 8 last week. Tonight's my first night off duty, and I'm going to rent a movie and veg out and go to bed early because I deserve it!
emmyroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 12:28 PM   #9  
Just keep moving ...

Morning!

Emmy - you sound like you could use one. 6 nights out of 8 is crazy! No wonder you got so run down. I hope you got some rest last night, what movie did you rent?

I can't believe I forgot to stop by yesterday! I had a chiro appt yesterday - turns out my recent motion sickness (even when I'd go for a walk) was probably due to my #1 vert being out of alignment. Anyway, I'm fixed now!

Hope everyone is having a great day! I'm running late again (all week actually), so I gotta hustle - I'll try to stop by and say more Hi's later!

everyone!
Old 03-12-2008, 05:51 PM   #10  
Just keep moving ...

Hi, me again.

So, I'm kinda in a funk today. Too many highs and lows as of late, I guess. I just want to disappear for a while. I should be happy, happy, happy. Instead I just want to sleep.

Anywho, see ya all later! Hope your days are going well.
Old 03-12-2008, 06:37 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me_Amarie View Post
Morning!

Emmy - you sound like you could use one. 6 nights out of 8 is crazy! No wonder you got so run down. I hope you got some rest last night, what movie did you rent?

Thanks for the hug! A word of advice - NEVER work at a boarding school. Especially if your title contains the word "intern," which as far as I can tell is code for "we expect you to do everything the teachers do and everything the residential staff does, and we don't really want to pay you very much, okay?"

I rented "X-Men III." I'd seen it before and I could just sit and not think and let my mind go totally blank while hot men in black leather saved the world. It was the perfect therapy. That and a long, sweat-inducing round of DDR to get my heart pumping and my endorphins running high. It's amazing how great I feel after playing DDR for a bit!

I hope you're feeling better soon, Amarie. It sucks when you feel like you should be happy but all you want to do is disappear under the covers and stay there until the sun comes out again. *hugs*
Old 03-13-2008, 12:11 AM   #12  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Good Thursday Morning Girls!!!

I am soooooooo glad that it is finally Thursday AM. Only 7 hrs to go and I'm off again.

I've been busier than a one-arm paper hanger at work, lemme tell ya. Just now (knocking on wood) it has finally calmed down a bit.......

Anywho, weather is great, lets hope it stays that way!!! When I left for work yesterday evening, it was sunny and 60 degrees!!! Supposed to stay in the 50's all weekend, rain, but I can deal w/ rain. Kinda weird to see the piles of snow where they had plowed from our "Blizzard" last week and it was Sunny and 60 today. lol.

Well I will post more when I am off, probably on Friday night, when DH goes back to work.

Big Spring to all.
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 08:32 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy_Chick View Post
When I left for work yesterday evening, it was sunny and 60 degrees!!! Supposed to stay in the 50's all weekend, rain, but I can deal w/ rain. Kinda weird to see the piles of snow where they had plowed from our "Blizzard" last week and it was Sunny and 60 today.
60 degrees! Wherever you live, I want to move there! It got almost up to freezing last night, but today it's back down to 5 F. Ugh.

Last night I had to be on duty when I wasn't scheduled for it, so I ended up sacrificing my free night (I'm on duty tonight and tomorrow night and Saturday morning before we FINALLY get our long weekend). Oddly enough it worked out for the good, because it pissed me off, and I worked off my anger by playing DDR for half an hour so intensely that I was literally dripping sweat and my chest hurt (still getting over that dratted cold). So I got great exercise!
Old 03-13-2008, 10:44 AM   #14  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

I'm here, but laying very low, girls. Troubling times and dark days indeed...
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 12:40 PM   #15  
Just keep moving ...

Morning!

Emmy -
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmyroo View Post
I could just sit and not think and let my mind go totally blank while hot men in black leather saved the world.
Oh, my yes, great therapy indeed! Thanks for the hug and for understanding. Yeah, I think "intern" and "research assistant" prob'ly mean the same thing - poorly paid and overworked!

Heather - Hi sweetie. Take care, I hate it when the dark days come, but I know the sun will shine again soon.

Sassy - hahaha snow and 60 - we had that here last week (ok well, I guess it was only 50, but still.) Have a great work day(s).

Nothin much goin here today. I had a little meltdown yesterday about going back to school next fall, the move, and not being able to afford anything other than a crummy studio apt. Then I decided to just chill out and wait and see what I can actually afford WHEN I MOVE, not before. I am so getting ahead of myself, which is a very common bad thing I do. It pulls me out of the now, and I don't do what I need to do today. For instance, every time I've failed at WL in the past, I would sorta plan out what my life would be like AFTER WL, like figure out how many weeks it would be until I was at XX pounds, etc., or buy clothes that I could wear if I got to a size whatever. And I always failed. I haven't been doing that this time, until recently. Maybe its because I'm approaching the halfway mark... I'm not sure. Anyway, I'm going to try to focus on today today. And tomorrow tomorrow. Hahaha

See you later lovelies!