Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 09-11-2007, 03:59 PM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Wink September 11th - 16th - Chat

Hey Girlies,

Boy its quiet in here...everyone okay???

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 06:44 PM   #2  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

I'm struggling, but I'm hanging in there.

Not much to say - chat soon -
Heather
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 07:42 PM   #3  

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone!

I'm still here and everything is fine in my little nook. Still busy with the back to school and judo and trying to get caught up on things. One good thing is now that the girls have to catch the bus every morning the dog, A and I are going for walks in the morning. We are enjoying it, especially since the weather has been nice in the mornings. With the walks and going back to university A has lost two pounds already. I'm not as lucky, but then I've been eating like crazy for some reason.

Heather hope things get better for you soon Take care of yourself.

Hi Leenie, how is your dd enjoying school?

Anyway I have to go and get dinner on plus I started making some banana bread and I really should get it mixed and in the oven.

Take care everyone,
K
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 11:04 PM   #4  
learning to live

S/C/G: 443/270/200

Height: 5'0"

Hi everyone. I'm hanging in there. I managed to get some exercise done tonight while listening to the biggest loser. First time in quite a while, and it feels like it! Baby steps.. that's what I keep telling myself.

I'm finding an enormous amount of unresolved issues coming back to haunt me right now. My weight is only one of many that I need to work through if I'm going to get on the right track and stay on the right track.

Hope everyone had a good weekend.
brandnewme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 01:06 AM   #5  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

hi girls,

Sorry I've been MIA lately. I've been lurking but haven't had anything to say. I feel like my life has been so boring that I have nothing to talk about. Ever feel that way? I'll try to do better because I know how nice it is to come here and see everybody check in.

I found out tonight that my grandmother's kidneys may be starting to fail so my mom and I may go out to see her in Minnesota soon. I don't think it has sunk in yet.

Been thinking of you Heather and I understand that although this is somewhat annonymous here in our little corner, things can happen. I hope things improve for you soon and you find some peace.

Way to go on the walks Buddly and it is good to see you in here regularly. Hope it is a great school year for your girls.

Hey Brandnew, I watched the Biggest Loser tonight as well. Looks like it will be a good season. I hope I get inspired to start making the changes I need to make as well. Way to go on the exercise. It has been far too long for me too. I'm thinking of starting really small on my elipticle machine tomorrow, even if my food choices still aren't the best. Good luck on the other issues!

Hugs to everybody: Cathy, Leenie, etc.
hope4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 06:00 AM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good Morning,

Heather its so good to see you....I hear ya on not much to say. Some days (most days) I don't even want to turn on the computer or get out of bed. But even if your browsing/lurking, just give us a

Buddly dolly, you sound in good spirits. Your morning walks sound lovely. I wish I had time in the morning to go for a walk but by the time I get my DD 6 ready for school, I'm off to work and I can't get up any earlier than I already do. I thought about walking first thing but its pitch black out and its to scary, especially with the bears roaming around....nah.

Brandnewme, good for you for exercising, heck I give you ooodles of credit. I do NOTHING, and I mean it. I know when you exercise you get energy its just finding that extra energy to even start exercising that problematic for me. I'm up at 5 AM and home at 5:30 PM and exhausted after doing dinner, baths, and home work. BRAVO to you, small steps are wonderful.

Hope I'm sorry to hear about your G'ma. When are you going out to visit her? I understand its hard to post some days, so no need to apologize, really. I have days when I just can't get in here and days when I don't want to say anything. Most days I just don't have the energy to spill my guts which I really should do...it might help ya know Anyway

Miss Cathy the exercise queen, how are you doing lovely lady?

Joanne, hope your feeling okay.... how are things?

Cin...if your reading this...we miss you.

Judo Mom, same here lady....we miss you.

Today I am taking off to do some errands for Mom..... mega fighting going on in my family and I don't want to get into details but these are the times when I really wish I was an only child... I just don't understand relatives, especially my own Mother.

But God is good and its times like this that I know He is holding me up for support...... I know I couldn't do it on my own.

Have a great day everyone and chin up.. smile and be proud of who you are...you are all such lovely women.

Old 09-12-2007, 06:06 AM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Brandnewme, I just looked at your blog...you are just the sweetest person. You and your DH make a beautiful couple I tried to post a comment but I know nothing about blogging. It said you had to be logged in but where you log in?? beats the heck out of me ROFL LOL
Old 09-12-2007, 10:54 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning gang

just wanted to give everybody a great big hug and let you know that I care and that the Lord cares.

This verse came to mind this morning

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge Him
and He shall direct your paths."
Proverbs 3:5-6

Hope everybody has a blessed day!
hugs,
Cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 01:46 AM   #9  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Cool Hi Ladies

Hey all and Brandnewme!

Speaking of unresolved issues..........I think I've come to the conclusion that something is going on that is preventing me from staying motivated. I think its possibly the job situation and hopefully I can find some solutions to that when I'm off on my vacation, the end of the month.

I am just really tired of feeling this way. I feel like I'm just existing, not living, just going through the motions. So I think this vacation is just what I need to change that. I can't stand it anymore. I think its making me sick too, literally.

So I tend to do something about it, in one way or another. Even if I have to sell pencils on the street corner, if it makes me happier, I think it would be worth it.

Well I hope you all are doing well.

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 01:44 PM   #10  

Height: 5'6"

Good morning ladies

Another beautiful day here all be it we had frost this morning but we are expecting a nice warm day.

Got another walk in this morning, missed yesterday as I only had about three hours sleep and wanted to get another hour or so in before taking A to school. Leenie there is no way I would be getting up at 5:30 to go for a walk either! The only way we get out on a regular basis is because I walk the girls up to the bus and since I'm out why not carry on around the block. And I only go to the bus because I know if I didn't have to get dressed to go out I would probably stay in my jammies and be depressed all the time. My one neighbour gives me a rough time about walking the girls to the bus as they are old enough to go themselves, so I tell him I just go to walk the dog home after the bus leaves, the girls are fine its the dog that needs help getting back.

Cathy that is a beautiful verse. I also rely on Phil 4:6-7 all the time.

Hi Hope, sorry to hear about your grandma. Hope you can get out to see her and have a nice visit.

Brandnewme congrats on the exercising. Keep up with the babysteps, they all add up!

Sassy I sure hope you can get your job situation worked out soon and enjoy your vacation, you deserve a nice break.

Heather

Anyway I should get going I have dishes soaking in the sink and I have to A up to school soon. We really have to get her her drivers license then I could stay home.

Take care everyone and have a wonderful day!
K
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 07:25 PM   #11  
~Believe~

Wink Hi Ya.......

Hi Ladies!

I hope you all are doing well!

Buddly.......I think that is great that you are getting out there. I need to do the same. My problem is I sit here at home for my 4 nights off of work, alone, while DH is working and I don't go anywhere or do anything. He has the car, but I could get out and walk, even if its only a little bit at first. I just need to push myself to do it. So WTG!

Yeah I definitely need to do something about this job thing. Its not worth feeling this way. But even though I am miserable there, at the same time I am scared to go somewhere new. lol. Sounds really crazy I know. lol.

Well have a wonderful evening/night.

Old 09-13-2007, 08:42 PM   #12  
learning to live

S/C/G: 443/270/200

Height: 5'0"

Hi ladies. Today has been a rough day. I'm exhausted and just want to stay in bed all day, but unfortunately that's just not possible. I have too much stuff to do and not enough time to get it done. I try to make a general list for the week and get stuff done, but as you all know, life doesn't like to go on our own schedules. I'm feeling pretty down due to some issues with DH, and today's another high pain day so that compounds it. Tomorrow should be better because I will have kidlets to chase around and won't have the option of just wallowing.

Leenie, thanks for checking out my blog and for the compliments! You have to have a 3fc blog to comment unfortunately. I tried to figure out a way so that people didn't have to have an account, but they don't allow it. Sorry to hear about the family drama. It's hard dealing with it because often times the people who want nothing to do with it are the ones who are pulled into the middle of it. I hope things are better today.

Buddly, frost already?! We've been lucky that we haven't gotten hit with it yet, but it's getting close I think. We've had some pretty cold days. I think it's great that you walk them to the bus. It gives you a chance to get out and do a bit of walking, and I'd be willing to bet that the kids love it too.

Hope, sorry to hear about your grandma. I hope you're doing well, all things considering. It's good that you'll probably go see her. Sometimes I think that really helps in dealing with it. How's the exercise going? Did you manage to get on the elliptical?

Sassy, I can definitely relate to the work issues. I worked at a hospital as a unit secretary/tech and I loved my job, but hated the way the management treated people, and the way they let certain people treat their coworkers. I often got the short end of the deal (working extra shifts, switching shifts, working on holidays that weren't mine to work, doing extra work, etc) and got very little recognition or thanks. In July, I finally quit working there for a few reasons. It really made me feel better physically and emotionally. We took a pretty big hit financially and I will definitely have to find another job in the next few months, but it has helped me immensely. I hope that you're able to find a better solution for you and your DH. I will definitely keep you in my thoughts, and will send good wishes for you to find a job that you will enjoy!

Everyone else, I hope your week has gone well. Take care!
brandnewme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 11:47 PM   #13  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Hi ladies,

Just wanted to let you know I'll be gone to MN friday through tuesday to see my grandma. We got a bad report yesterday and a good one today. I guess I'll know more when we get to see her and talk to the dr.'s. Say a prayer for her and I'll say one for all of you. Chat with you all next week. Take care.
hope4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 03:01 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 385/238/145

Height: 5'11"

Hello. I'm new to this thread, although I really battle bi-polar, depression and have for- ev- er. I just found that I could see a counselor for really cheap! $15!! So I just signed up and had my first meeting yesterday. Boy, it was rough. She's very - ummm.. in-your-face, I guess is a good phrase for it.
We were just getting acqainted and I mentioned that I had been off of meds from the age of 24 until recently - and I was feeling better, so I was hoping the doctor might take me off of them. And she replied, "I wouldn't." I asked why and she said that I had been self-medicating for years - with FOOD. That I could swallow some pills or I could eat myself out of my lap-band. (I just got banded 2 months ago.)
Of course I had been self-medicating! I knew that - but no one had ever said it like that before. And I had never got it like that before. Just like that, I felt that I had been hit in the head with a 2x4. It made me very sad. And I got choked up. I don't know exactly why.
Mental illness runs in my family, I guess. My sister self-medicates with alcohol. My mother over eats. My grandmother was - well. she was.
I feel myself on the edge of a great precipice, ready to fall in, and sink so deep. And I eat myself silly.
School is freaking me out. And all I want to do is lose weight and feel normal. Now I think I may never be normal. My life seems so small and I feel so sad.
Maybe tomorrow will be a better day. I sincerely hope so.
j

Last edited by jaxnlula; 09-14-2007 at 03:02 AM.
jaxnlula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 07:23 AM   #15  
~Believe~

Cool Morning Ladies!

Good Morning, Ladies.

Brandnewme -- Yeah that is kinda how I am feeling at my current job. My shift got switched and it wasn't my idea either. I could see if there was a need, but there wasn't, they only wanted to separate my husband and I. Long story but we used to work the same shift, we however did NOT work in the same dept, only have the same idiot boss. But things may be changing so it could get better.

Hope -- I hope your Grandma is okay and of course she will be in my prayers.

Hello and , Jaxnlula! I am glad that you went to see the counselor, even though it was hard on you. I wish I had the courage to go. I went a long time ago because I was forced too. (long story there) and I didn't want to be there so well of course it did not benefit me at all and the counselor released me after the 2nd meeting because she said its no use if I didn't want to talk. So I just had to promise her to open up more to my family and friends. I guess I have a hard time speaking to strangers, face - to - face anyways about my problems. If I can write it down like here, I have no problems, guess its just seeing the person's expression or whatever that I can't take, I dunno.
Congrats on getting banded. I want to get that done but my family doesn't want me too. Everybody tells me to do it the old fashioned way and I try and fall on my face again. But I can understand some of the emotions you have been feeling. I have been feeling that way too. If you ever want to chat, just let me know.

Well I learned a bit about the meeting we are going to be having at work next week, we got an email that there is going to be a team meeting about the "changes" coming. Well DH found out what a few of them are. He seems to always find out what is going on. lol. Anyways. Seems that one lady on his team is going to part time, she is pregnant and is having a difficult time with it. So another guy is taking over her shift. Then they are finally talking about hiring a dayshift weekend person for my team. Me and my old boss have been telling them they have needed it for a while now, well I guess something got messed up one weekend and so the higher ups are making them get coverage now. Well I also said that I have wanted that shift. Esp now that DH & I are on completely opposite nights. At least if I worked dayshift weekends, we would be working the same days, different shifts, but the same days and we would have some days off together.

Only thing is the shift they are discussing will not work for us. It would have to be adjusted. I sat down tonight and figured it all out and came up with two options. Both options would fill in all the gaps we have now so they would not have to worry about that anymore. The only thing is if they will go for one of them. I really want this so if I have too I guess I can make it work the way they want it, but I do think my idea solves a lot more problems than theirs does. But you know how management is, they don't like to be told that their ideas won't work. Esp my manager. Its his way or no way. So I'm not sure what will happen in the meeting. They may not even let me take the shift period. They were the ones who put me on this stinking shift that I'm on now that I didn't want and I think they want to see me miserable, but you don't know until you try, right?

Well sorry to have rambled on.

Have a Great Day!