Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 05-12-2007, 03:45 PM   #31  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Hey Kate, you said it right, I just thought that you may have had a specific incident that happened last week, like a job loss, death in the family, or something that you were referring to that I missed. Although it definitely feels like being hit by a truck if a particularly bad depression episode hits.

Glad I'm not alone on the decor!! As long as we're confessing, I have to admit that one year I left the tree up the entire year!! That I believe was truely laziness. But hey, I love Christmas so why not keep the spirit all year?

By the way, I bought some Niacinamide today (500mg). The bottle says take 1/day and since April's naturopath's advice was 3/day, I think I'll start with 2/day and see what happens. Thanks April for the suggestion!
hope4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 09:19 PM   #32  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

TY Ladies.

My dr. appt is on May 21st (one week away) I kinda now wish I didn't know "some" of the results as its driving me insane! Worrying about, "what if" but I know it doesn't do any good worrying until I get there and they tell me the complete details.

I will be sure to let you all know how it goes at my appt.

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 05:34 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 100kg/ticker/65kg

Height: 170cm

Hi Everyone

Well, I'm still getting used to this. I hate way I'll have a good day (by that I mean not miserable), maybe even two good days, then I'll hit the bottom of the barrel again. When I'm in a good mood, I feel like it's not allowed, because the doc said I am depressed. But when I feel depressed, I don't feel like I want good days to happen, coz then the doc might be wrong???

Ugh. I hate the way my brain works. I was having a lovely run with my bf (no crapy moods for a couple of days), and then I couldn't handle it any more and picked a fight with him. duh? They happy days are so hard to find - why did I sabotage that?

Kylie

Sorry for the misery dump. I can't really talk this out anywhere else yet)
Elerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 07:27 AM   #34  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY !!

Hi everyone, and Happy Mothers day to you mom's...and you pet mom's

I have to get DD in the shower and then we're off to church and then my MIL's and then my Mom's for a bbq. No cleaning today

Kylie maybe its time to see a new doctor, some one who understands what you are going through. Don't worry about telling us how you feel, thats what this forum is for... ok... we all understand, believe me.

Sassy girl, good luck

Well girlies...I gotta scadoodle out of here.

Have a wonderful Sunday and a beautiful week ahead of us.

Lov Yah !!
Leenie

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 10:28 AM   #35  

Leenie - my doc is really good actually. I only got this worked out a week ago, so I'm still trying to work out what's going on. She's referred me to a psychologist, so I feel like things are going in the right direction, it just gets a bit much sometimes. I don't feel like I fully understand what my head is doing.

But thanks for the support - I appreciate it.
Old 05-13-2007, 01:49 PM   #36  
Starting Again

Kylie- Nobody knows what their head is doing. I hate the ups and downs too. I know how you feel. Every day I wake up is like a surprise, will I feel good or will I not be able to get off the couch or get dressed? Just b/c you have a bad day or days doesn't mean it won't get better, and just b/c you have a few good days doesn't mean you don't have a depression problem.

It sounds like you are dealing with the problem though and seeking help, which is great. The quicker the better. Hang in there till the help kicks in. Feel free to post all you want if you are feeling crappy, I do it all the time!
Posting here keeps me from over-venting to my friends who probably get sick of it from time to time.

My fiance, who has been working way too much, surprised me and came home this morning after a small job with groceries in toe and cooked me breakfast! I was shocked! He is taking a nap now, but we are going to go out later and see a movie. So nice not to be alone all day!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to ALL!!
Old 05-13-2007, 04:30 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Just got back from church. I have a pretty stressful job at church, so it is not as relaxing as it used to be. Oh well. Have to go to my mom's later for BBQ and my DH is letting me just sit on the computer and veg while he takes care of the kids. Isn't that sweet. I have an RPG game that I love to play but don't get much time to play it. He is going to let me have a good amount of time on it while he takes care of them. Je is just a sweetie.

Well I will talk with you all later. Have a great one. I am of to play my game.

Trish
trishn222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 07:33 PM   #38  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Well I am proud of me! I listened to my body and only ate when I was hungry, truely and honestly HUNGRY! I know there will be days/nights that I slip, but I know I can get back up and dust myself off and start again! If I need extra "inspiration" or just a kick in the behind, I can come here and ask for it.

I hope you all had a really great Mother's Day! I talked w/ my mom online lastnight and before work this afternoon. She has a new Beau, I feel like I have a teenager rather than a mother! lol. Its really cute! lol. She comes up in about a week and I can't wait!

It is a positively GORGEOUS DAY outside! Too bad I am "trapped" inside this office building! lol. Oh well after tonight I'm off for 3 nights! Then after I work my 40 hrs next weekend, I will be off the week of the 21st-25th and spending time with my mom! DH also got off and today our coworker said he would come in and work for DH on Friday (25th) so DH can be off and spend time with my mom and me too!

Have a Great Evening!

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 03:31 AM   #39  

So I've been given Luvox. I hope it helps.

bf (whom I live with), is getting royally sick of 'her' (the moody crazy one)...so I'm fixing it! (This is just as much for me, don't get me wrong!)

Kylie
Old 05-15-2007, 11:08 AM   #40  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Yikes, where's Leenie?

I don't want to start the new week's post... I'm not a moderator

Hope everyone is doing okay!!

Heather
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 11:36 AM   #41  
Starting Again

Hi Heather, I didn't want to start it either. How's your week going? Anything going on now that the show is over?

I'm getting my windshield replaced as we speak. It's been cracked a long time. Knock on wood, I have slowly been getting some projects done that I couldn't seem to do for the longest time b/c of feeling so down. Weight loss is unfortunately not yet one of them. I have gone on a couple of walks, though.

Debbie and Buddly? Miss you guys.

Leenie: Hope you are O.K. Obviously, we can't function here without you.
Old 05-15-2007, 12:18 PM   #42  

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone,
I haven't gone to far. Just haven't been able to spend much time on the computer.

Sunday was nice as hubby came home with a surprise of chinese food for dinner and then my mom and sister came out for a little visit. C wanted to roast a couple of hot dogs so she and hubby started a little fire,so we were able to sit outside beside that.
Yesterday was spent in town buying groceries. Gosh I can't believe how much I had to spend and we are still out of things, its rediculous.
Mentally I feel like I'm going crazy. I just can't see a future.?. Just in a really dark place at the moment and I have no idea why. Its so stupid. I look around and everything is good, except for the mess of course and all I feel is doom. I really don't know what to do about it, but I sure hope it leaves soon. I just want to feel happy and content is that to much to ask of life?
I'm sorry.

I hope everyone has a great day and I hope you have sunshine where you are, Its suppose to be beautiful here with a high of 22*C. Looking foreward to that!
Take care,
K
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 01:15 PM   #43  
Starting Again

K- I often feel like being content must be too much to ask. I'm sorry you are in such a dark place right now. I was definitely there just 3 or 4 weeks ago. Now it seems the fog is lifting somewhat and I'm beginning to function again. I'm sure that like me you kind of slip in and out of this 'dark place'.?. I hope this feeling begins to subside quickly for you. I definitely wouldn't say that I feel content right now however. I fear never feeling like that.
Old 05-15-2007, 03:37 PM   #44  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hi Girls,

Hey, any of you are more than welcome to start a weekly thread.... I encourage it I'll change the title on this one.

Sorry I can't play, works been hairy

TTYL
Old 05-16-2007, 09:10 AM   #45  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hi Ladies,

Just popping in to say happy hump day

Catch up soon... Luv yah's