Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 04-10-2007, 04:57 PM   #1  
It's time for the real me

Height: 6'2"

Default It's easy to get down when you do bad...so get up when you do good

Last night some things came between me and my original plan to work out immediately after work. I ended up working almost 2 hours longer than I expected and was pretty hungry by then, so I made my way home and had some Easter leftovers. Not the healthiest food in the world, but the portions were well controlled.

Then I decided to be productive at home and didn’t even turn on the TV. So, that was OK, because I got some stuff done that needed to be done.
By the time it was usually TV time, snack time or bed time, I decided that what I really needed was a little cardio. I had missed working out the previous few days, so my body, needed it despite the fact that a warm blanket and a soft pillow were busy flirting with me.

So I went to the gym and ended up working out for a little over an hour. I can tell you that it felt good lying down at night knowing that I had made a good decision.

It’s funny. Often, people who struggle with weight will privately beat themselves up after making an awful food decision, but we probably don’t spend enough time feeling good about making the right decision.
Now, all I have to do is compare the two feelings, and next time faced with snack time or sweat time, it ought to be a no-brainer.
ballznpucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 05:08 PM   #2  
Looking forward

Height: 5' 6''

Thanks for the reminder, you are so right! Way to be positive and spread the good vibes!
Jade235 is offline   Reply With Quote