Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 01-14-2007, 12:08 PM   #16  

S/C/G: Starting 145/ Goal 120

Height: 5'7

Hi Everyone,

I have those days also.....so much so that I shake when a camera is brought near me. Use those pictures to your advantage. I blew up my fatest pics and a skinny one (from years ago) and have them hanging side by side. It is motivation to see what I have done to myself over the years and where I have the potential of going. Now as I lose, I try to photodocument even a five lb loss to see how my features change.

Also: from years of experience (and a tip from a friend who models uuuggghhh); if you tilt your head down in photos, the double chin is hidden--thats the opposite of what I would think BUT it works!!!!
FrustratedYoYoDieter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 07:40 PM   #17  

You can be very attractive but just not photogenic. There is a difference between what the camera sees and what people see. I've noticed in pictures of friends that they look great in real life but sometimes pictures make them look ridiculous or drunk or something! So maybe it's the same for everyone else too.
RachelGoren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 10:45 PM   #18  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

I guess we all have our issues with self-perception and cameras, etc. One phrase i have heard over the years in reference to dieting and basically just life is: "I will love myself through thick and thin." It's not about what's on the outside, it really is the inside that matters.

On a side note, PharmacyMoo, if those are your wedding photos, you look beautiful! Nothing to be ashamed of at all in those pics.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 02:12 AM   #19  
Fighting the Good Fight

Height: 5'1"

Chiming in, here. I have a picture of myself at my wedding [just a year ago] taken from the choir loft of the church. I'm genuflecting and, even from the back of the church all that fills the photo is my big fat bottom! I can't believe that skirt didn't RIP right down the back!!!! At least my husband wasn't standing behind me!!! Just all the guests. Sigh.

Never again....

spanky
spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 11:53 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 115/115/105

Height: 5'2"

I know how that is

Ussually I'm pretty confident, but my sister is an inch taller than me and REALLY skinny- about 98 lbs. I hate when my parents take pictures of us because when I look back through photo albums all I can think about is how I look so much bigger in comparison.

My advice is to be happy with yourself and your weight if you're eating healthy and exercising- almost everyone thinks that they look bad in photos or in a mirror at some time or another, when really its just negative scrutiny.
Runrchick07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 05:53 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 240/185/145

Height: 5'6

I know how you feel I do it all the time. One day I am like wow I have come a long way...then the next its like ugggg. Maybe when I reach my goal I will feel better
retfroggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 11:27 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 282

Height: 5 ft 7 inches

On the night that my son had his homecoming dance his junior year in high school (October 2006) I was so excited. I took pics with him and all of us together and it was so much fun seeing how happy he was. When we all (My Mom, Stepdad, husband, sister etc....)went inside to view the digital pics on the tv screen I thought I would die. I looked not only obese but ill. The puffy roundness of my face and the dark circles under my eyes made me look sick. Pictures and mirrors are my worst enemy, they are like cryptonite. I can be in a fabulous mood and accidentally pass a mirror and it will actually ruin my day.
smartipantzzz is offline   Reply With Quote