Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 10:48 AM   #16  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi guys!

FedUp, I see you changed your name to rockinrobin--I like it!!! But you're still fed to me LOL....hope the daughter made it home safely!

Suz, the swelling concerns me too! How has your sodium intake been lately? That's the simplest reason I can think of? Other than the pregnancy, LOL and you already said you "fixed" that problem.

Won't talk long, just want to wish everyone a happy and successful Thanksgiving! It's just one day-we can get through this, and STILL stay on track! Don't make yourself crazy, eat a small sliver of the pie if you want it- but eat TURKEY and VEGGIES first, still drink all your water...

Oh yes and does anyone have any potty training tips? My 2yr old DD is simply NOT interested....I thought girls were supposed to be easier?

hugs and kisses xoxooxxox
Old 11-22-2006, 11:08 AM   #17  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Hello girls!!

As you can all see I changed my name from "fed"up to rockinrobin. I gave them 3 choices and that was my third. . Oh well. Robin is my middle name and I've never, ever used it and I absolutely love music and rockin has other meanings as well and well............yeah, whatever.

Yes my daughter arrived safely, late, but safe. It's very funny, she says to me ma, I didn't think you would be this skinny. She said I got narrow, and that's what I did get, narrower. The funny thing is, that if she would have last seen me at 180 lbs and then come home and I was 234 lbs, she would be like Whoa, what 'd you swallow an elephant? But that's the reaction that I get, people think that I look good, when in fact had it been the reverse way they would think that I look G-d awful. Whatever.

Yes so tomorrow's the big day, good idea to start with the veggies and turkey, definitely gonna try that. And then we're gonna try portion control, portion control, portion control. It's all good. You gotta live, you absolutely have to live.

Umm, Jeni that's quite the birthday gift. Good for you. It's definitely the gift that keeps on giving! Hope the water situation is getting under control. If not maybe it is time to speak to a doctor. Better safe then sorry.

Michelle, I have three daughters and I found the only way to do it was to put panties on them. No diapers. And then take them to the potty every 45 mins. or so. So when you say she's not interested do you mean she won't sit on the potty or she won't wear panties or what? Wait till you gotta teach them to use tampons.

If I don't get back to you or you guys don't get back here, everybody please have a happy, safe and healthy Thanksgiving. Enjoy the day.
Old 11-22-2006, 11:37 AM   #18  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Hi all!
Fed- I like the new name! I hope your daughter made it safe and sound.

My swelling wasn't as bad in my hands this morning, I called the doctor they called me in a perscription for I diuretic and if it isn't better in a week call back.

Michelle, My daughter, 3 1/2 is still potty training. Last January she was doing so so good then because of her great grandma she started freaking out everytime she got on the potty. So we stopped for a while. Every month I tried something new to no avail. I asked the pediatrician the last time we were there and he said just do it when she wants. Keep trying. We have good weeks and bad weeks. In September we went to Disneyland, she had a great 2 weeks before we went but since we had a 24 hour car trip (one way) she wore diapers/pullups. While at Disney we stayed Lazy and kept diapers on her. Then it was no use. This week has been a great week so far (only one accident in 3 days, you go Maki!). I am really nervous for today (a long car ride) and Friday my mom is babysitting. I hope she does well. So advice?? wait until she is ready, don't punish her for not using the potty and keep stay patient. I tried bribes of a new bike, a new dress, we had a potty bucket, and now it is going to preschool (which seems to be working)and dance classes. Man when she is potty trained I am going to be shelling out the $$$!

Have a great Thanksgiving everyone and don't forget to take a walk after dinner!!! I do plan on eating, some of everything plus I will feed my boy off of my plate!
Old 11-22-2006, 12:20 PM   #19  
Suz

S/C/G: 175/128/120

Height: 5'6"

Hah... not much chance of a walk after the meal... there's a nor'easter blowing up the coast and I'm smack in the middle of its path! That's okay, I'll be blasting my body at the gym today and also on Friday, so hopefully that'll make up for it!

Fed - I mean, Robin - very cute new name!!
Old 11-22-2006, 12:44 PM   #20  
Calorie Counter

Okay Suz your off the hook!!! Take care!!
Old 11-22-2006, 01:45 PM   #21  
3 + years maintaining

My mother, which is where we're going tomorrow lives a block away from a beautiful beach. And part of my plan is to go for a nice brisk walk on that beautiful boardwalk............but I think that nor'easter is headed in our path as well That just stinks I love walking on that boardwalk and I hate traveling in the rain. Oh well, so goes it.

Jeni I'm glad you spoke to the doc.

Thanks for liking the new name, I'm very happy to be using my middle name, something I never did before so it's kind of like a new beginning.

Take care folks.
Old 11-22-2006, 02:02 PM   #22  
Calorie Counter

I guess I'll do enough walking for all of us then!!
Old 11-23-2006, 12:36 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 184/174.8/132

Height: 5' 4"

OOOHH! I love weather change, it's so exciting as long as it's not destructive that is... Of, course I live in boring California with only sun and a little rain, fog, and some flooding once in a while. I'm from Oregon and miss the four season weather.

Everyone have a fabulous Thanksgiving!!!
Old 11-23-2006, 12:47 PM   #24  
3 + years maintaining

I JUST WANTED TO WISH EVERYBODY A VERY HAPPY THANKSGIVING.

MAY WE ALL ENJOY OUR FAMILIES, FRIENDS AND DARE I SAY FOOD.

HAVE A GREAT ONE EVERYBODY.
Old 11-23-2006, 12:58 PM   #25  
Calorie Counter

Default Happy Thanksgiving!!

Happy Thanksgiving my friends!! I hope everyone has a Safe Holiday, enjoy your friends, family, and surroundings!!

I am most thankful for my good healthy, happy family, and 3fc!!
Old 11-23-2006, 08:18 PM   #26  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

trick and or treat

wait that was last month!

Happy Turkey Day everybody

Are we up for a new challenge yet? TOM showed up today....now how do I incorporate THAT into my last weigh in?
Old 11-24-2006, 11:50 AM   #27  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Well here it is....the LAST weigh in....cue the drumroll please!!

Starting weight 232....current weight...220! Not too shabby. When did we start this challenge? As in how many weeks ago? I know, I could go look it up, but ya know...

Were we all good little chickies on Thursday? I gotta admit I was NOT but my saving grace was that since I worked the night before, I slept til 4 and only started my gorge fest after 5 and was back in bed by 10....lol but still consumed about a weeks worth of calories At least I feel like that is "out of my system" and ready to hop back on. We can't beat ourselves up too much over a few pounds over the holidays.

I AM ABSOLUTELY NOT GOING OUT IN THOSE CROWDS TODAY!

Talk at you all later xoxoxoxxoxo
Old 11-24-2006, 01:02 PM   #28  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

I am sticking with my day before weight. TOM showed up and i ate plenty, and then woke up around 2:30 am with stomach cramps and pukies. I didn't sleep well. but i finally did get back to sleep. So i'm back on plan sorta today, portions and all. i put all my food away pretty much pre portioned last night.
Old 11-25-2006, 02:39 PM   #29  
Suz

S/C/G: 175/128/120

Height: 5'6"

Good afternoon, everyone... I hope everyone had a safe, happy, healthy Thanksgiving holiday! I managed to stay entirely in control... thankfully, there were many, MANY fresh veggies and lots of lean white meat turkey! I had little tiny bits of the naughty things (yum, stuffing!!!!!!!!!), but just tastes of them - which, surprisingly, was plenty for me. At the end of the feasting, I felt happy and satisfied.

I got on the scale this morning and it miraculously stayed at 174, so I'm going to call that my finishing weight for this challenge. This week, I'm just happy I maintained and did not gain!

Seeing as we're on the other side of Thanksgiving now, I am ready and raring to go with a new challenge - so I am going to go ahead and start the "New Year, New You" challenge. I hope some of the regulars from here will get on board with me! I really like you folks, and you've all been so motivating and encouraging.
Old 11-25-2006, 11:07 PM   #30  
Calorie Counter

Michelle I believe it was 14 weeks ago we started.

My starting was 184 ending was 164. It wasn't the 26 pounds I wanted but 20 pounds is still good!!!

Thursday I pretty much skipped breakfast and lunch ate dinner. I did good with only taking small amounts of everything, but I did not walk Things got too crazy trying to get my jello and fruit salad and getting the kiddos ready to go. We told Nana we'd be there by noon, and we were. After dinner I had to get Thomas down for a nap and when I finally got a chance to go we had a stinking rain/hail storm. I finally gave up. When I finally got home I crashed! I am going up to the New Year Challenge next!!!
Closed Thread