3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   How about a Thanksgiving Challenge?? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/91553-how-about-thanksgiving-challenge.html)

Mama2HoneyBears 08-20-2006 11:01 PM

I'm up for it. I'd like to be down 30lbs by then....very optimistic, maybe too much, but I'm going to try.

start weight: 274
goal for Thanksgiving: 244
ultimate goal: 170

shoots-alot 08-21-2006 12:13 AM

bird lady

:chef: I would like to join if it's not too late. I just joined this tonight, I found it by accident. It's taken me 4 months to lose 10lbs but, I have made a lot of changes like giving up pepsi ( my favorite ). I would love to have another 30lbs off by then to kick off the holidays and ring in the new years with a positive attitude.. :?:

harkeyvalley 08-21-2006 12:54 AM

Wow: We have an impressive list of challengees. If we all lose the amount we promised, we'll not lose just a person but a whole family!
Good job girls.

lovethatsara 08-21-2006 01:35 AM

Well today went well I did some major cleaning of the house. I also went running not walking or power walking but running tonight even after my neighbor said she wasnt going to go and it looked like it was going to rain. I did it about 20 to 7 which now I realize its too late because at 7:10 it was pitch dark but at least I know for next time. Me eating healthy is going well. I had a non-fat turkey wrap with flour tortilla lettuce nonfat turkey and low-fat mozzerlla cheese, also this morning I had a plain bagal and a cup of fruit, in a minute i'm about to make myself a salad. How's everyone doing so far?

bopis21 08-21-2006 11:12 AM

MELLYANN- list

Quote:

Originally Posted by mellyann (Post 1376692)
I am posting my latest version of the list of Thanksgiving Challenge members so that you can

1] Make sure your name is on it

2] Check your info for accuracy.

Thanks, ladies!

Can you please put my start weight at 192.4 please. and I still want my goal weight to be 171, thanks:dizzy:

I think I might have already asked that. Sorry if this is a duplicate message:?:

jcatron243 08-21-2006 07:05 PM

Hi everyone! It's nice to have a group of people looking forward to the same date! Weekends are usually tough for me because I am with my husband and on the go running errands, but I worked this weekend (well different willpower tests there) but so far so good.

Keep up with the challenge!

Jazzbird 08-21-2006 09:47 PM

Kept my eating in control today. I'm trying to plan meals before I sit down and keep portions moderate, and I'm exercising 6 days a week now. I've been on WW and calorie counting diets before and lost weight, but it came back on when I quit writing things down. I think I was tracking after the fact and not planning.

I'm curious about what kind of diets the folks on this thread are doing. Some of you have talked about your activities. I'm always up for new tips!

u2girl 08-21-2006 10:01 PM

Hello everyone:

I did pretty good with eating. Uh-oh, we are getting down to the wire. Wednesday will be weigh in day. I hope that I will be able to post a significant loss. Actually any loss at all will be magnificent.

In terms of my eating plan, I am pretty much doing my own thing. I really love Flexpoints, however, I really haven't been counting points. What I have been doing is logging everything into Fitday.com. It really makes me pay attention to how much I am eating. I love that site. When I lost weight in the past, that is what I used. It worked great for me.

Well, I will probably check in tomorrow just to say Hey! But Wednesday is the big day. Gosh, I wonder how much weight we will lose as a group. Well, I really hope that we all reach our goals.

Everyone just keep pushing for their goal and don't give up. Please post here if you need some encouragement or feeling ambivalent towards your goal. We will probably all go through ups and downs over the next several weeks and will need the support.

See you guys later.

Elycia

DeborahB 08-21-2006 10:06 PM

I'm new--count me in! My goal is to reach 200.5 by Thanksgiving day! Good luck to all!

Here's my best tip: Don't waste calories on food that doesn't taste great! :chef: (My problem is I eat way too much of really good food!)

I followed my own advice last holiday season (October through New Years) and lost 15 pounds--I gained it back plus 5 when I took a new job with even more time in my desk chair :mad:

jcatron243 08-22-2006 12:29 PM

My Tip: If you crave something wait ten minutes, If you still want it then have it.

Losing4another 08-22-2006 03:46 PM

Quote:

Here's my best tip: Don't waste calories on food that doesn't taste great! (My problem is I eat way too much of really good food!)
YEA Me tooooooo. I'm a picky eater so when it's really yummy my thinking is better eat up don't get to have this everyday:hungry:

mellyann 08-22-2006 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarah140 (Post 1377744)
Oh Hey! Too late to join in? I probably won't show much of a loss this week, since I'm getting a late start. Around here there is a 5k on Thanksgiving morning and I'd love to be able to run it....1st time for everything! I'm going to be trying the Fat Smash, though I don't have the book yet, I'm detoxing from caffeine right now and I think this challenge would be enough to at least motivate me not to super over eat.

Starting weight 162, goal weight 144, weight loss goal of 18 lbs.

Sarah

Sarah, you are added!
Bopis, I changed your stats!

mellyann 08-22-2006 07:08 PM

I replied too soon, before I had a chance to add:

sarah140
mama2honeybears
bird lady
DeborahB

yay!! welcome! :)

mellyann 08-22-2006 07:12 PM

Weigh in tomorrow! Wed 8/23!!

Ladies! First weigh in is tomorrow, Wed 8/23. I will not post the updated chart until Thursday, 8/24 afternoon to make sure I get everyone.

Okay, I hope I don't sound like a hippocrate, but I don't think I will weigh in this week. It is during that time of month, I am super bloated and I haven't been very good. I am afraid if I step on the scale it will work negatively for my morale.

Anyone else who wants to skip a week, this week or any other, for whatever reason, just post that you are doing so and I'll put a N/A for the week.

Okay, anyone want to heckle me? ;)

I think I'll also add a column for where we are from, and maybe the type of program each person is following (if I know this info from your posts).

Thanks for the participation, ladies!!! :)

amynbebes 08-22-2006 07:37 PM

New here and this is my 1st challenge, hope that it's not too late to join.

I'm 172 right now and would like to be 20 pounds less by Thanksgiving. I think that's about 1 1/2 lbs per week.