3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   How about a Thanksgiving Challenge?? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/91553-how-about-thanksgiving-challenge.html)

SugarRox 08-17-2006 10:45 AM

8-17-06

Hi Everyone! :)

Just checking in. I did great with my eating yesterday, and drank plenty of water. No exercise though, but tomorrow I plan on joining a gym that is walking distance from my house. :cb:

How do yall manage to stay active at work? I work in a small office and on the days that i work im the only one running the office. I cant really get up and go walk around outside because i cant leave the office unattended. Honestly, I feel gross (if that makes sense) just sitting here all day. Hopefully thatll change when I start working out after work.

Hope everyone has a GREAT day
-Rox

mellyann 08-17-2006 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SugarRox (Post 1373946)
Hi Everyone! :)

Just checking in. I did great with my eating yesterday, and drank plenty of water. No exercise though, but tomorrow I plan on joining a gym that is walking distance from my house. :cb:

How do yall manage to stay active at work? I work in a small office and on the days that i work im the only one running the office. I cant really get up and go walk around outside because i cant leave the office unattended. Honestly, I feel gross (if that makes sense) just sitting here all day. Hopefully thatll change when I start working out after work.

Hope everyone has a GREAT day
-Rox

I think getting an hour in at the gym, 30 minutes of intense cardio, should offset any inactivity for the rest of the day. It will make you feel better sitting all day in your job, as well. I run for 30 minutes, even if it is a slow jog. I get really sweaty and my heart rate is up there. Then I do weight lifting - heavy weights. The building of muscle also helps burn calories while you are at rest.

You are doing something right, Rox, look at how much you have lost!!! You are almost at your goal! :)

Melly

NurseMichelle 08-17-2006 11:22 AM

Hi Rox, everyone!!!

Let us know if you join that gym! My gym is wallking distance from my house too, my "trainer" wants me to walk there sometimes as part of the plan, but usually I have to go pick up the kids afterwards or some errand so I usually drive.

I get alot of exercise at my job~~ nurse on a busy med surg floor, but working midnights is a little slower than when I worked days. Once wore a pedometer to work and walked nearly 7 miles in an 8 hr shift. Plus heavy lifting. Even though you are the only one in the office, you still get a lunch break right? Maybe you can walk around the block then...or someone can come relieve you once in awhile?

Skittlez 08-17-2006 11:58 AM

Yeah, I screwed up my food yesterday a bit. But I'm not gonna let it get to me :) I'm going to go on an extra walk later to make me feel less guilty :-P

Go for that gym rox, and tell us how it goes :)

How's everyone else doing so far?

bopis21 08-17-2006 12:02 PM

OK, so I am up for this challenge.
Does it matter if I am doing the halloween one as well?
Guess not as long as I stay on track so I weigh in tomorrow but in 14 weeks I would like to be down 21lbs, so around 170lbs.

WooHoo!
I am on my way!

Cortney

jcatron243 08-17-2006 12:06 PM

I did great yesterday, although I need to have breakfast in the AM. I met all of my goals for the day :)

Skittlez 08-17-2006 12:07 PM

You can be on as many challenges as you want Cortney :)

Skittlez 08-17-2006 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcatron243 (Post 1374087)
I did great yesterday, although I need to have breakfast in the AM. I met all of my goals for the day :)

Awesome job! :D

bopis21 08-17-2006 12:08 PM

What day is everyone posting their weigh ins?

Cortney

mellyann 08-17-2006 01:02 PM

Week 1 Starting Weight Chart

1 Attachment(s)
Okay, I've updated the weight chart for week 1 to include the latest joiners. Welcome!

Next weigh in: Wed 8/23.
I'll post the new results on Thursday afternoon, 8/24.

It looks like my goal may be a bit aggressive (36 lbs) compared to the rest of you. I hope I'm not setting myself up for disappointment. I just feel like I've fooled around with this for too long. Started Feb and only have lost about 15 lbs in 6 1/2 months. I wanted to have lost about 60 by now!!!

Let's stick with it and we will be thinner by the DAY!

lovethatsara 08-17-2006 01:13 PM

looks good mellyann.. I'm really excited about this challenege. I know we all can do it!

Yesterday was good. I couldnt go running like I usually do because I locked my keys in the house and I had all my stuff to carry around, so instead I had my dad drop me off at the mall, left my stuff in Matt's car while he got off of work (Hilo Hattie) and I power-walked around the mall for 2hrs. I drank plenty of water at work, it helped because it was hot and when I'm hot im usually thirsty. I did splurge though, I had to taste one of those Crunch Wrap's at McDonalds. Its actually really good. Today will be much better. It's my day off so I'm going to be running twice a day.

u2girl 08-17-2006 01:14 PM

Elycia 8/17

G'day everyone! Glad to see that more have joined. I have been doing really well this week. This really is my first week getting started, so the Challenge is perfect. Thanx Mellyanne!

Mellyanne, your goal is pretty agressive. I was wondering if you have lost weight at that speed before. Some people are fast losers. Lucky ducks! I am not so lucky! If you've been able to maintain that loss rate in the past, definitely keep that as your goal, but if in retrospect you feel it is unattainable, you may want to decrease it a little, so that like you said you won't set yourself up for disappointment or feel like giving up. I based my goal on my rate of weight loss in the past. Also, since I am just getting started, it is feasible that I will lose 4-6 lbs the first week or two that will kind of give me a jumpstart. So, essentially, the easiest way to tell if your goal is realistic on not is based on past weight loss. Now, if this is your first attempt at weight loss, 1.5 to 2 lbs per week is about what is expected in general, at least that is what the sources say.

I hope that helped. I am really looking forward to dropping some major pounds by Thanksgiving. I think we are going to do great!

Thanx again!

Elycia

bopis21 08-17-2006 01:49 PM

mellyann-

I have been doing this since Nov 2 of 2005, so 8 months and I am down 35lbs so I feel ya on how this has got to be what keeps me going.

girlieyorkie 08-17-2006 02:08 PM

I ate a bit too much today:o , however I was pretty busy and exercised as well, so I must have burned a lot of the calories that I've consumed.:?:

Will try to do better tomorrow.;)

bopis21 08-17-2006 04:33 PM

Can someone pls give me a kick in the butt so I go to the gym tomorrow??
Just something to get me inspired when the alarm goes off at 5am.
Thanks.